Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Character isn't spawning...

Page: 1 of 1
 Canaan Sadow
04-19-2011, 2:33 PM
Well, I've run into a little problem that has never happened before, though I think it's because for the first time ever I'm using a custom head on an NPC. :xp:

Anyway... I have seen the skin and everything in game (because I used it as a PC head just to take a look at it in game) and now on the Character Selection screen, the skin and head model (which is really just the PMHH02 head, named differently and reskinned to make him look like a darker skinned caucasian) is the same, even when it shouldn't be... and worse than that, I tried to spawn him on Peragus, just to make sure that he'd show up in the game before I put him in his final place, but he never spawned... o.O

P.S. if you're curious about the skin, here's a picture :p though the eyes aren't that color anymore, so I guess my computer froze on that point :¬:
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x339/exodus_chaos_jedi/caucasian_head_new.png)
 Dak Drexl
04-19-2011, 8:36 PM
Did you hex edit your new model? If you don't, the old skin will show up on a lot of models regardless of what you name it because the texture is embedded.
 Canaan Sadow
04-19-2011, 8:39 PM
Did you hex edit your new model? If you don't, the old skin will show up on a lot of models regardless of what you name it because the texture is embedded.

I think I did, but even when I removed the files the skin showed up, so I dunno. o.O I'm really confused with this haha.
 Dak Drexl
04-19-2011, 8:44 PM
I think I did, but even when I removed the files the skin showed up, so I dunno. o.O I'm really confused with this haha.

I'm sort of confused at what you're having a problem with. Does your character not spawn, or does he not looks right when he spawns, or do you think he's invisible or something?
 Canaan Sadow
04-19-2011, 8:56 PM
I don't see him when I run the script attatched to the dialogue. He just doesn't show up. I'm really confused.
 Dak Drexl
04-19-2011, 9:01 PM
Does he have his own line in the appearance.2da? And does his appearance in the .utc match the # of the line?
 Canaan Sadow
04-19-2011, 9:10 PM
Yes and yes. I have it set to something like 1099 (that way it shouldn't conflict with anyone's mod when and if I ever release it)...
 Dak Drexl
04-19-2011, 9:20 PM
There's your problem. Try setting it to the next number in the file. I tried to do the same thing with my mod that I'm working on and I got the same problem... the only way I could fix it was to make it the next possible number down the line.
 Canaan Sadow
04-19-2011, 9:40 PM
He's still not spawning and I did correct that. :/
 Qui-Gon Glenn
04-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Would you mind posting your spawn script? That might be a little bit informative, as you are having trouble with the script it seems, more than the appearance.2da.

One idea for you to try on your own is to enter a debug line into your script, using the SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC("Is my script firing?") function. If that goes through, your script is at least firing properly - if not, it is a problem in the structure of your dialog.

Then, if it IS firing yet no NPC appears, it could still be your script... or the .2da issue. But you will be one step further.

Post your script and I will be glad to give it a look. I am going to do some scripting tomorrow, so I will be around the forums a bit. Got some spawning to do on the Endar Spire... some wacky invisible Assassins!! And then I need to visit a planet we have seen limited pictures of, and see what I can make happen. Helping you will be the easiest part of my day, and the most (immediately) rewarding, so the offer stands!
 Canaan Sadow
04-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I know my script is okay because I always use this to spawn new creatures, but I'll post it anyway :xp:

void main()
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "n_exodus", Location(Vector(26.45796,-49.27304,9.05725), -0.33355));
}

I did change the coordinates thinking that was the problem, but that didn't seem to fix it >.>
 Qui-Gon Glenn
04-24-2011, 2:14 PM
^^^ Yeah, hard to mess that script up :p

So, perhaps you could add the debug line to it, and see if your script is actually firing? It may be a DLG issue. Beyond that, it has to be a problem with a mismatched tag/resref somewhere in your .utc, although "n_exodus" seems pretty easy to spot.
Page: 1 of 1