Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
04-16-2011, 4:42 PM
So, I was considering music for my mod and I was wondering is it legal to use music from the Star Wars films? Because I saw a mod called ROTS, forgot who it was by, and they used music from the star wars films. So is it legal?
 SITH LORD 872
04-16-2011, 4:46 PM
I don't think it's illegal, I have used numerous mods, That have and use Music from the film, I have the ROTS mod, I don't know what it is about the score that the author used, But the music in that mod sounds amazing, Especially going up against Darth Shimzuu!!
 Darth InSidious
04-16-2011, 5:46 PM
Whether or not it is illegal, it is against the rules here and at KotORFiles to release mods containing copyrighted material.
 Fallen Guardian
04-16-2011, 5:53 PM
Thanks for the answer, now I can scrap that idea. I guess I'll just stick with the in-game music.
 SITH LORD 872
04-16-2011, 6:27 PM
I don't think the Music in VOTS is copyrighted, You may want to listen to the music in that mod!!
Page: 1 of 1