Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making new battle animations?

Page: 1 of 1
 harark1
03-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Wondering is it possible to create new battle animations? Read one of the tutorials on putting battle animations on different models but that went completely over my head. Just wondering cause thought it would be cool to make some new animations. The first yes in poll was me.
 Phildevil
03-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Sure, whatever float your boat!
 Dak Drexl
03-29-2011, 9:27 AM
Of course you should release whatever you make, but you should really learn to do it before posting anything. If the tutorial was "over your head", then you really aren't ready for such a thing, are you?

I've seen that around the forum you've been posting lots of requests and stuff. Why don't you try one of those before trying something so daunting as animation? There are very few people who can animate stuff for kotor for a reason: it's hard!

Start out by following one of the tutorials in the "skinning and modeling" tutorial section so that you can at least learn something about models before you try the whole animation thing. Make a new armor skin, maybe even change the armor around in a 3d program. Just try some new, simpler stuff before going into one of the most tedious things you can do (animating models). You want modding to be fun right? ;)

Oh, and I like your avatar. Haha :thmbup1:
 harark1
03-29-2011, 8:54 PM
Lol thanks. I've actually been doing all the stuff that I've asked about just haven't realeased yet, going into my "secret mod". (note: mod is not secret just haven't finished enough to feel good about revealing about what it is yet.) Just wondering about this battle animation stuff thought it would be cool to throw some off those in if I could.
Page: 1 of 1