Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help / guidance with dialoged cutscenes

Page: 1 of 1
 wcdavis
03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
G'day , not sure where this should go, hope I don't upset anybody.

Need help, can't stand carth or jolee, have managed to write some scripts to remove them from game, but I am having trouble finding a way to remove them from the dialoged cutscenes, etc torture sequence, dantooine, bridge sequence, etc etc.... Any guidance would be appreciated.
 Viado Onasi
03-25-2011, 12:01 AM
G'day , not sure where this should go, hope I don't upset anybody.

Need help, can't stand carth or jolee, have managed to write some scripts to remove them from game, but I am having trouble finding a way to remove them from the dialoged cutscenes, etc torture sequence, dantooine, bridge sequence, etc etc.... Any guidance would be appreciated.

I don't think you can, unless you mod the game to make a whole new game changing the plot and storyline and the game itself. It would be Knights of the Old Republic without Carth and Jolee. You can replace them, but the dialog would be theirs still, unless edited. I don't think you can though.
 Fallen Guardian
03-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Viado beat me to it.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-26-2011, 7:32 PM
Yeah, it could be done, but you would need to replace those cut-scenes with new ones that included your replacement characters in those same scenarios. That way, it would not be a whole new game, just some cut-scene replacement. Scripting them is not horribly difficult, and some of the scripting you could recycle. Getting everything to be as polished as the original would be the hardest part.
 Viado Onasi
03-26-2011, 9:21 PM
I think I said that too.
 LDR
03-26-2011, 9:59 PM
Just use KSE to change their appearances, then use kotor tool to create new dialogs for them.
Page: 1 of 1