Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New guy question!

Page: 1 of 1
 Vun0
03-12-2011, 6:33 AM
Hello everyone, i'm Vun0 and i'm new in here.
Not really good at presentations hehe, but i'm hoping to help people here and learn to mod (which i am atm).

So yeah, my question is : Is it possible to continue playing Kotor after killing Malak? If i kill him as Dark Side Revan and become the Emperor, can i travel to Tatooine or other planets and keep playing as the "Emperor" ?

Is there any mod or trick to this? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance ;)
 Liverandbacon
03-12-2011, 7:12 AM
I remember a number of mods planning to do this quite a few years back. I'm pretty sure it became apparent that it wasn't possible, or at least caused serious problems.

Whatever the reason, I'm pretty sure none of the projects succeeded.
 Canderis
03-12-2011, 11:10 AM
None of the projects succeed because the makers lost interest. It was never confirmed that it isn't possible. I am actually sort of working on this. It has to do with removing certain scripts.
 Fallen Guardian
03-12-2011, 11:24 AM
You'd basically have to make a total expansion, which is a lot of work. If you just want to finish up a few quests just alter the k_creditsplay script to look like this.

void main() {
StartNewModule("ebo_m12aa");
}

This isn't entirely fool proof though as it sends you back to the Ebon Hawk, but it is still on the Star Forge. Thus I do believe you can't travel.
 Darth InSidious
03-12-2011, 1:20 PM
There was the Revenge of the Sith mod by GSCCC (now Doc Valentine), but that went down with PCGameMods.
 Liverandbacon
03-12-2011, 1:21 PM
Well, I suppose I stand thrice corrected. You learn something new every day.
 Vun0
03-12-2011, 3:23 PM
There was the Revenge of the Sith mod by GSCCC (now Doc Valentine), but that went down with PCGameMods.

Any chance of you or someone else having it? hehe

Thank you all for your replies. :)
 Working Class Hero
03-12-2011, 6:00 PM
Well, I've done this in tsl, so it should be the same procedure in kotor. For tsl all you had to do was remove the script a_end_game from the final dlg option. The game will send you an error message, but it will continue to let you play.

So after that you could either warp to whatever module you wanted, but you won't have your party members. There should be some global you could change to get them back, but I don't know what it is.

Addendum: Judging from other people's replies, k_creditsplay is the script that ends the game for k1. Just remove the script from the dlg file and it should let you keep playing.
If you wanted to be treated as the 'emperor' you'd have to make changes to the existing dlg files. That wouldn't be hard, but it'd be tedious.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-13-2011, 8:31 PM

Any chance of you or someone else having it? hehe

Thank you all for your replies. :)

I have version 1.0 (Reign of the Sith) in my archives. I keep wanting to think there was an update/add-on.. but it's beyond my means (if it exists).

I'll PM you the link & welcome to the forums! :)
 Fallen Guardian
03-14-2011, 1:29 AM
May I also have a copy of that ChAiNz.2da?
 .:Lord Revan:.
03-14-2011, 12:35 PM
^Oh, oh me too.
 Vun0
03-14-2011, 2:40 PM
I have version 1.0 (Reign of the Sith) in my archives. I keep wanting to think there was an update/add-on.. but it's beyond my means (if it exists).

I'll PM you the link & welcome to the forums! :)

Nice! Thank you very much Mr. ChAiNz.2da. ;)
Looking forward to play this mod, looks yummy by the looks of the readme hehe.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-14-2011, 7:14 PM
May I also have a copy of that ChAiNz.2da?

^Oh, oh me too.

PM'ed :D

If anyone else would like it, please make the request in the following thread please so we don't crowd this one up :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-14-2011, 7:48 PM
DI and ChAiNz beat me to the punch on this one, but.....

Hi Vun0 :wavey:

Welcome to the forums.... and to the world of modding (and headaches ;) )!
 Vun0
03-15-2011, 6:36 AM
DI and ChAiNz beat me to the punch on this one, but.....

Hi Vun0 :wavey:

Welcome to the forums.... and to the world of modding (and headaches ;) )!

Thanks hehe. (need to buy some pills then :P)
 Seamhainn
03-15-2011, 6:48 AM
Some variables are reset in-game when you enter the Unknown Planet. So you can go on playing after the end of K1 with this trick, but some npcs react strange and things like that (as if you are still on your journey to the Starforge). I am not sure if you can complete unresolved quests. You can fly from planet to planet tho and might find out some things you overlooked during "normal" gameplay. But beyond that there isn't much to do.
 LordVader1
03-18-2011, 8:06 AM
I think it May be Possible hmmm..
Page: 1 of 1