Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Load Screens

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
03-11-2011, 8:41 PM
So for Kotor 1, I want to make a load screen for a custom module called danm17, but when I get to the ARE file of the module for the loadscreen it has a number. What does this reference too and how do I get it to reference to my custom load screen?
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2011, 8:42 PM
The number probably references loadscreens.2da .
 Fallen Guardian
03-11-2011, 8:50 PM
No, those don't have numbers just a couple of loadscreens involving the hawk.
 Canderis
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
 Fallen Guardian
03-12-2011, 12:36 AM
I've seen this one, and unfortunately it does not cover creating a custom one and putting it into a custom module but just overwriting one that exists.
 Silveredge9
03-12-2011, 8:30 AM
If memory serves me well you don't need to edit any .are files or 2DA's to get custom loading screens working with custom modules. I believe its just a matter of saving your custom loading screen .tga as load_CUSTOM.MODFILENAMEGOESHERE and then sticking it in your override folder. So if the name of your .mod file was danm17.mod, then you'de name the tga load_danm17.tga.
 Canderis
03-12-2011, 11:06 AM
I've seen this one, and unfortunately it does not cover creating a custom one and putting it into a custom module but just overwriting one that exists.
Um... no? I co-wrote it. It works perfectly for custom modules.

If memory serves me well you don't need to edit any .are files or 2DA's to get custom loading screens working with custom modules. I believe its just a matter of saving your custom loading screen .tga as load_CUSTOM.MODFILENAMEGOESHERE and then sticking it in your override folder. So if the name of your .mod file was danm17.mod, then you'de name the tga load_danm17.tga.

Exactly.
 Fallen Guardian
03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
All right, thanks both of you.
Page: 1 of 1