Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HK-47 Shield Glitch

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
03-07-2011, 6:53 PM
So I like having HK as a party member in kotor 2, but it gets annoying when I use shields he looks like this.

http://i54.tinypic.com/sc6fkl.jpg)

Is there a way to fix this?
 LDR
03-07-2011, 8:39 PM
I think that is how the shield was designed.
 Fallen Guardian
03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Really? Why would they do that?
 TimBob12
03-08-2011, 2:30 PM
I don't know but it can probably be changed through some texture somewhere. they propbably use an alpha channel to achieve transparency.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-08-2011, 5:20 PM
I always thought it was weird that HK's soft underbelly was exposed in such a way.... like a big sign that says, "Hey, shoot me here!!!!!1111!"

Probably an easy fix though, as TB12 noted, you probably could probably just make a new "shield" skin.
 Fallen Guardian
03-08-2011, 6:09 PM
But what is the shield texture name?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-10-2011, 8:02 PM
Uh, dunno.

I am not a skinner, although I have done a few skins here and there for my personal edification: nothing worth releasing, to be sure - ask Marius my teacher back in the day :lol: I did make a map of robe skins that would probably have been somewhat helpful to the community, although I posted about it way back then and there was ZERO interest. Oh well :rolleyes:

I would think that someone would know the answer to this. Is that the Unity shield that you provided in your picture? If so, look through the texture packs... sorry I cannot be more specific, but I have kinda stuck to scripting.
 Fallen Guardian
03-10-2011, 9:28 PM
It's really all shields for HK, but in this specific picture it is the unity shield.
Page: 1 of 1