Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

quick gender clarification

Page: 1 of 1
 decalibron
02-23-2011, 7:09 PM
hey, this can probably be answered fairly quickly, but i've looked around, and haven't found anything about species being able to be played in both genders. I really like the Mirialans, but i haven't found anything that talks about whether both male and female mirialans can be played for both consulars and troopers (which just happens to be the two classes i want to play!) any thoughts? so far, i haven't seen squat about male mirialans for the trooper OR the consular class.
 Hallucination
02-25-2011, 9:18 PM
Well, Bioware confirmed that every class will have a male and a female voice actor, and they don't really have a reason to limit races to one gender, so I'd say it's safe to assume both genders will be playable for all classes.

Nice signature, BTW. o_Q
 decalibron
03-08-2011, 9:02 PM
lol ok thanks, just checking.
and i meant no offense by it, i'll take it off if you like. :) i was inspired to quote people from the person who quoted ASillyNoob, but i didn't mean to be rude.
 Chanilla
07-26-2011, 1:34 AM
That would really grind my gears... I see no reason for them to do that, unless for whatever reason it played into the story... ie one sex was forced to do kitchen-work, etc., and never let out of the house. I am already kind of irked by the fact that we our class decisions are dependent on what side we choose... however, I'm not picky. Like the first poster, I think you're good.
 Morrow66
07-26-2011, 8:26 AM
Pretty sure that each race has both Genders although if they would of included more races from Starwars then some races are only one gender.
 decalibron
07-27-2011, 5:04 AM
Yea, but the only race with only one gender I can think of off the top of my head are the Hutts, and I'm sure they aren't a playable class. :P Thanks for clarifying, though.
 adamqd
07-27-2011, 6:18 AM
Just had a good Scout around as I'm quite interested too, the website hasn't officially been updated much about the full span of playable races yet, but from what i gather from developers and post counts the general consensus is...

Mirialan - Appears up to now in: Avatar, Concept Art, Kotor II, Screenshot, Timeline, ToP.

Playable Classes: Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, Trooper.
Appearance: Male, Female.
Customization: Facial Tattoos: 1, 2. Skin Pigmentation: Green, Yellow-Green, Yellow.
 adamqd
08-06-2011, 4:55 AM
 Zerimar Nyliram
08-06-2011, 9:20 PM
Haven't read the thread, but I'll answer the thread title anyway: Look down your pants. ;)
 decalibron
08-13-2011, 5:02 AM
Haven't read the thread, but I'll answer the thread title anyway: Look down your pants. ;)

STATUS: gender affirmed. Roger that, pErvErt_.217 confirmed male. looked down my pants, as per instructions, everything undoubtedly in order. :thmbup1:
 Deft Aklin
08-13-2011, 8:07 AM
http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic_Wiki)

That site has only been updated with confirmed information from Devs. So it will tell you each classes confirmed playable species. It will not denote whether they can be male or female as I think it's generally known if you can play the race you can pick the gender.
Page: 1 of 1