Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mods installed but no name/description?

Page: 1 of 1
 r3v4n
02-22-2011, 4:58 AM
Hi everybody,

after a long time I wanted to play Kotor I/II again: installed game, installed mods, started game .... and there's my problem: all the mod items are 'nameless' and without any description.

That means if you open the inventory there are items displayed but without any name. The name field is empty.

Any idea what my problem might be?

I've tried with the german (I'm from Germany) and the english version - no difference.

Greetings!
 Bob Ta'aar
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
might be a mod conflict.
are you sure that none of your mods modify the same (item-)files?
 r3v4n
02-23-2011, 2:22 AM
might be a mod conflict.
are you sure that none of your mods modify the same (item-)files?

Absolutely!

It happens even if I've installed only one mod.
 jonathan7
02-23-2011, 6:40 AM
Whats your OS? Did you install the mods as an administrator?
 r3v4n
02-23-2011, 7:13 AM
Whats your OS? Did you install the mods as an administrator?

Tried on XP, Vista, 7.

Installed everytime as administrator.
 jonathan7
02-23-2011, 7:57 AM
Tried on XP, Vista, 7.

Installed everytime as administrator.

Eh? You have a computer with 3 Operating Systems? There is NO WAY you would be able to get that error on an XP Operating System... Unless YOU installed a modification incorrectly.

Either your installing the mod wrong, or its on Vista or Windows 7, which is it? Frankly you aren't really giving enough details for me to be able to help, what are your computer specs, what Operating System do you have and what mods are you trying to install? Your going to need to up the ammount of detail significantly for anyone to be able to help.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-23-2011, 8:36 PM
^^^ Yep, need more precise info.

Sounds to me like a Read-Only situation on your swkotor folder... make sure that folder and all subfolders have the Read-Only property un-ticked.

I guess this is sorta for Holowan, although it feels more Workbench-y....
Page: 1 of 1