Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Items Reskinning

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
02-17-2011, 11:02 PM
How do you give a mask such as the vacuum mask a custom skin and icon without overwriting anything?
 Dak Drexl
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I think the mask is an exception to the "normal" rules of reskinning and renaming to create a custom item. If I'm right, (please tell me if that's true, isn't the problem that your new texture won't show up?) Here's what I would do:

Import the model into either your favorite modeling program/hex editor. Either hex edit your texture to your new name (just make sure the number of characters are the same) or drag your new texture onto your model in the modeling program. Then, edit your .uti to correspond to whatever you named your texture (the texture cell) and give the model files a new # and make the model cell in the .uti correspond to your new #.

I've never actually tried this, but a friend of mine has had this problem with the vaccum mask and I'm positive this is how I would fix it. Hope this helps! I'd be happy to explain anything else needed.
 Fallen Guardian
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks Dak! It works. *Round of applause* Couldn't have done it without you.
Page: 1 of 1