Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which of the files I should install from this mod...?

Page: 1 of 1
 ShardServal
02-14-2011, 7:11 PM
I downloaded this mod called "Dark Side Romance Resolution" from this site:http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Dark_Side_Romance_Resolution;93159)

The description says that it has the files needed to restore the missing ending sequence for KOTOR that was cut due to time constraints in making the final movie (in this sequence, female Revan can kill Bastila and die together with Carth, you can see it here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INW76J9AoA). BUT it also has some fanmade endings, scripts and stuff which I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL. And since I have zero knowledge when it comes to modding, I have no idea which files I should put and where to only get the missing ending sequence (well, the files with "kiss" in their names are obviously fanmade but as for the rest, I have no clue).
 jonathan7
02-14-2011, 9:10 PM
You can't just separate the modification like that to remove "the fanmade" section, as they will be directly linked to things, the dialogue will have scripts fired from it and vice-versa. I'm afraid you will just have to stick with installing the whole modification or not at all. The ending for KotOR was not cut down to time constraints, but rather Bioware didn't think it flowed within the plot they had constructed, and I have to agree I don't think the scenario would make sense. It's KotOR II which has a lot of cut content down to time constraints ;)

Technically I should lock this thread, as Lucas Forums is in no-way affiliated with KotOR Files and this mod, doesn't have a release thread here. However I'll allow it to remain open for now, but it is highly doubtful that anyone will be able to help apart from the modder themselves as they will know exactly what is linked to what, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to sift through it to do what you want.
 Bob Ta'aar
02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
j7 is right. from looking at the files of the mod, I'd say it's impossible to have just one of the additional endigs by just installing some of the files.
the best you could get that way is 'braking' the unwanted ending in not installing their scripts, so if you'd chose their dialogue-option, the game would crash (or maybe, if you're lucky, nothing happens at all).
but in order to not have the according dialogue-options, you'd have to edit the mod's dlg-files, as naturally the options of the cut ending and the ones of the fanmade endings are in the same file.

On a personal note, I can't really see the problem you have with installing the full mod and simply selecting the options to get your wanted cut ending. Nobody forces you to chose the other options ;).
 ShardServal
02-16-2011, 1:42 PM
Thank you for the replies but my problem has been solved already! Some youtube user had actually posted a new link for jdnoa's mod (since the old link was dead) that only restores the cut ending.The mod I mentioned in my first post actually has this restoration mod combined together with the fanmade stuff. It's quite ironic that the jdnoa's restoration mod is much harder to find than this combination thing... and even now I found the right mod from youtube instead of sites that are DEDICATED to Kotor and Kotor 2 mods (go figure). Feel free to lock this thread :) .
 jonathan7
02-16-2011, 2:02 PM
Thank you for the replies but my problem has been solved already! Some youtube user had actually posted a new link for jdnoa's mod (since the old link was dead) that only restores the cut ending.The mod I mentioned in my first post actually has this restoration mod combined together with the fanmade stuff. It's quite ironic that the jdnoa's restoration mod is much harder to find than this combination thing... and even now I found the right mod from youtube instead of sites that are DEDICATED to Kotor and Kotor 2 mods (go figure). Feel free to lock this thread :) .

Its not the sites fault if a modder hasn't uploaded a mod to them, anyways glad you got what you wanted...
Page: 1 of 1