Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dance outfit and Visas.

Page: 1 of 1
 Acleacius
02-11-2011, 11:03 AM
What program/editor would I need to remove the Restriction on the Dance Outfit so Visas can wear it anytime?

I have been using Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's. This is my first game using RCM and got stuck at the scene where Handmaiden fights her sisters. I was told Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's causes a compatibility issue, so I am looking to make all the females wear the Dance Outfit.

Thanks for any tips.
 jonathan7
02-11-2011, 12:14 PM
KotOR Tool, what else? This mod maybe helpful; http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Make_Visas_Marr_Dance_for_Vogga;85846)

Generally dissecting modifications that do what you want to do is the best way to find things out. In the case of Handmaiden Style Undies, it will be most likely incompatible because of an appearance.2da conflict; most likely TSL:RCM modifies the row numbers so the rows don't correspond at a guess. All you would need to do is change the appearance.2da to handmaidens underwear and skins. There are enough tutorials here explaining what you want to do; http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
 Acleacius
02-11-2011, 1:27 PM
Thanks jonathan7,

I have KotOR Tool, but I don't know which program edits uti files. I did specifically look at the mod you suggested before I posted. It included a modified uti file (if that's even the file I need to edit to remove or add effects) which I don't know how to read, look at or edit. I tried placing just the DanceOutfit.uti (since it was the only functionality I was interested in) in my override but it didn't allow Visas to wear it.

I also had used the 2DAEditor also before posting, to look at Appearance.2DA and compare it to my current. I didn't notice anything specific but I'm not really experienced enough to know much. When I tried to set the PC "modela" to &638 and "texa" to **** (as it is in Handmaiden's), it was bleeding black, distorted and inconsistent with anything close to clothing.

I just thought editing the actual restrictions on the Dance Outfit would be easier, as the 2DA editing wasn't really working with my limited knowledge. Additionally I thought about adding some effects to the Dance Outfit, if I learned out to edit it.

I get extremely tried if having to constantly cast my current level Speed, Valor, Armor and Energy Resistance every ever minute or two, in a 30 hour plus game it's actually cruel. If it was Turn Based or the base movement speed wasn't so slow or there wasn't so much back and forth running and level transitions it wouldn't be so bad.

I hope someone figures out what's causing Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's conflict, since it's quite a nice outfit for all the females. If anyone knows specific program in KotOR Tool to edit uti (if that's even the file I need to edit to remove or add effects) or what the correct manual Appearance.2da setting is for Handmaiden's underwear or for any of this I would appreciate a link or tip.

Thanks for any help. :)
 Bob Ta'aar
02-11-2011, 4:34 PM
What's exactly the problem you got with the Handmaiden-undies model?

I don't really know what the '&638' in the Handmaiden-line of appearance.2da means, but I'm pretty sure that this is what doesn't work.

If you extract the Handmaiden-undies model (p_handmaidenba) with KotorTool, then save the files under another name (for example 'P_SomethingH') and set your PC-line in appearance.2da accordingly, it should work without any conflict.

But if you want to reskin the undies-model, let me tell you: the Handmaiden's model sucks bad ass. It's got one of the wors UVM maps I ever seen and all the clothing actually sticks out a bit (with additional vertexes) on the model, making changes of the model a pain in the ass ;).
 Acleacius
02-11-2011, 5:08 PM
Thanks Bob Ta'aar,

That's what's in my Handmaiden slot it works fine for Handmaiden but doesn't on the PC. It's a brand new install, without Handmaiden Underwear for Female PC so if that's not the standard modela code for her, no idea where it came from.

That's a great idea about exporting her underwear, now I just need to figure out where p_handmaidenba is located. ;)

No way could I reskin, most I could do is recolor something, if I was lucky. ;)

Oh, I'm not really sure what the issue is with Handmaiden's underwear and RCM, wish I did so I could try to fix it. I was asked to list my mods in the official forum, under Bugs and Annoyances for 1.7 (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/376-bugs-and-minor-inconveniences-with-tslrcm-17/page__view__findpost__p__5505) and got about 5 mods I removed.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Found a P_HandmaidenBA.tpc in Texturepacks/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/P, it exported out to a tga. Named this file to BlackUndies.tga then set "modela" "texa" "texaevil" to BlackUndies for Visas. She was invisible then when I tried to look at her inventory screen, game Crashed to Desktop.

Ok this is the same issue (http://img64.imageshack.us/f/k200000.jpg/) I had at the beginning, it must be why they included a mdl and mdx for the Handmaiden Undies. I guess the only way to get it to work is give the other female players Handmaiden's body.

Guess I'm back to trying to get Dance Outfit set to unrestricted so Visas can wear it. Need to find out which file I need to edit, since there doesn't seem to be any restrictions in the Appearance.2da on Visas.
 Bob Ta'aar
02-11-2011, 6:48 PM
ah, you only extracted the texture. you need the mdl- and mdx-files as well. those are the model-files. they're named the same, should be somewhere in 'Aurora blabla' in KotorTools.
sorry, I'm no good in explaining this step by step, but there are very good tutorials in the according forum-section :).

the model works fine with my twi'lek-head.
modelling and texturing and everything isn't that hard to learn, btw! all you need is the tutorial-section and a few spare hours at your hand ;). yet a few months ago I never touched a 3d-model before eighter ^^.
 Acleacius
02-11-2011, 7:30 PM
Thanks Bob Ta'aar,

I do have the mdl and mdx from Handmaiden Undies, but this is basically what the mod did and RCM moderators have said it breaks the new game content when Handmaiden fights her sisters, which is where mine broke with that mod. This is will be my 4th try to complete the game in about 2 weeks, mostly due to trying to have a Female PC and get Handmaiden.

Btw your doing great explaining it, just I am a n00b in many aspects. ;)

It would be great if anyone knows a link even to a tutorial on how to edit the Dance Outfit. I looked, don't know which file type (well I do know it's not a tga) needs to be edited, to modify the stats or which editing tool is needed.

Thanks for any help and tips. :)
 GeorgNihilus
02-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Dude you're in quite a mess ... can you be more clear for a moment? :xp:

lemme see, you installed Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's with TSL:RCM and playing that way it broke your playthrough; how? do the handmaiden's fight in underwear instead of basic clothing or what?

just go to the appearance.2da and check the handmaiden row, 638, modela, texa; and modell, texl and texlevil for the dancer outfit. Rename the model you want to use (mdl) and texture to those default names there or try changing it and see if the game reads it. Alright?? do the same with Visas (row 457) or whoever you want ... :raise:

good luck :thmbup1:
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-11-2011, 10:41 PM
^^^ George, he also has Handmaiden Choice for Female Exile, which is the real game breaker.
 Acleacius
02-12-2011, 1:12 AM
how? do the handmaiden's fight in underwear instead of basic clothing or what?
Lol, like I said in the post, I've no clue why, that's what they told me in that thread, linked. Hows this my fault! :p

My *guess* was it has something to do with the new mdl and mdx, required for the other females to use Handmaiden's clothing, as she seems to have a different body. Somehow this is breaking the Sisters, no clue really as you can see in the thread, no answer was given so far.

just go to the appearance.2da and check the handmaiden row, 638,.........
Huh? Handmaiden can already use the Dance Outfit or maybe I misunderstand you. ;)

^^^ George, he also has Handmaiden Choice for Female Exile, which is the real game breaker.
Actually, nope don't/didn't have Handmaiden for Female PC for the game that just broke at the fight, only those mods I listed.

The first most likely cause...
Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's
Cause for your current issue IIRC

Second most likely cause...
Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Also completely unnecessary. Second likely cause for this issue.

Third most likely cause...
VP Handmaiden Sister fix
And the third.

Actually I'm working on fix to make it possible to have a Female PC and get Handmaiden and so far it's working very well. :cheers:

Thanks for the help, still hope to find a link or tip on how to edit the stats of Dancer Outfit.
 Bob Ta'aar
02-12-2011, 4:59 AM
Aaah, now things seem a bit clearer to me.
Your gamebraker is definitely 'VP Handmaiden Sister fix'. Although VP thought it'd be RCM-compatible, several people (including myself) encountered the Handmaiden-battle bug where you're stuck after it without anything happening.

Now, for having the Handmaiden-underwear for your PC, you need to extract all three files (tga, mdl & mdx), rename all of them accordingly and set the appearance.2da-line of your PC to what you renamed it to. Of course you also need to have the three model-files and the modified appearance.2da in your Override-folder (if that wasn't self-explanatory ;)).
This really shouldn't brake the game, at least I can't imagine a way it would.

€dit: 'Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's' really shouldn't cause any troubles with TSLRC. Really. I looked at it and it doesn't even edit appearance.2da and definitely no Handmaiden-related files. All it does is replacing the PC-underwear-models.
 Acleacius
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Bob Ta'aar! :cheers:
 Acleacius
02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Googled to find out how to open the Item Editor in KotOR Tool, had tried every tool in the drop down menu several times with no luck and a different GFFEditor which couldn't seem to see Stats like the + 2 on the Dance Outfit...yeash that was painful.

Now armed with an Item Editor, could someone point me to the uti file (if one exists) for Handmaidens underwear or a link to anything that could help me locate it?

Thanks for any tips.
 GeorgNihilus
02-13-2011, 4:36 PM
Googled to find out how to open the Item Editor in KotOR Tool, had tried every tool in the drop down menu several times with no luck and a different GFFEditor which couldn't seem to see Stats like the + 2 on the Dance Outfit...yeash that was painful.

Now armed with an Item Editor, could someone point me to the uti file (if one exists) for Handmaidens underwear or a link to anything that could help me locate it?

Thanks for any tips.
Googled?? have u tried a double clic on any uti file dude? Kotor Tool properly installed obviously? :roleyess:

the danceroutfit is g_danceroutfit.uti, from BIFs-templates.bif-Blueprint, Item branch.

hope that's enough for u :thmbup1:

Edit: sorry, I confused underwear with danceroutfit, there's no uti for the underwear as far as I know ... maybe u want to edit textures or an uti for the underwear??
 Acleacius
02-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Googled?? have u tried a double clic on any uti file dude? Kotor Tool properly installed obviously?
Well none of the other Tools I have used in KotOR Tool worked by opening the file in the main program. Only knew about the drop down menu Tools, it's why I kept asking in this thread for a link or how to edit one. I even read the tutorial, that's how I found there was an Item Editor but I didn't see it mentioned in the tutorial how to open the Item Editor. So I was pretty nuts trying to find out how to open it, knew I had the latest version. :confused:

Oh no uti for underwear, too bad. Was thinking since I got the Handmaiden Underwear working and conformation it wasn't the reason my game broke, would edit it. Wonder if it's possible to make a set of clothing that is Handmaiden's Underwear, then stat it similar to Mira's or Atton's starting gear. I guess this mean I will need to get a clothing uti and match it to the underwear, some how.

Thanks for the help. :)
 Bob Ta'aar
02-14-2011, 10:13 AM
you're absolutely correct. there's no uti-file for underwear, as in the game, underwear isn't a item but is displayed when you have equipped nothing.
but you can of course create a new item called underwear and assign the handmaiden-underwear-model to it. basically you can assign every working full-body-model to an item (in it's uti-file). once you've done that, you can assign any attributes you want to the item.
but I never tinkered with items before, so I can't help you do that. there should be tutorials for that too though.
Page: 1 of 1