Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion

Page: 1 of 2
 newbiemodder
01-21-2011, 11:36 AM
And the saga continues..........

This mod creates new areas for the player to investigate on the planet Korriban.

ReadMe
--------------------------------------
[TSL]NEWBIEMODDER'S KORRIBAN EXPANSION

This mod allows the player to further explore the Sith world of Korriban.

Gameplay Tips

The player MUST NOT HAVE PREVIOUSLY VISITED KORRIBAN. (See saved game folder in the zip file if you need one.).

The player must continue to explore the ruins of the Sith Academy in search of Jedi Master Vash and confront Darth Sion.

While exploring the academy, player will find clue that allows passage to new areas after leaving the academy. Hint: Uthar Wynn's room. Check map after leaving academy for new waypoint.

To complete full quest, must find Jolee Bindo first.

Always check journal entries after update. There are 2 quests: The Enemy Below, and The Great Escape. They will guide you. Check them even after completion for final notes.

---------------------------------------
Known Bugs

Once Jolee is in party, player cannot return to Ebon Hawk. Did not include any check to remove him and reinstate Kreia to party. Will cause problems in gameplay.

Few missing lip files here and there. Some are not firing. I'm not concerned about it, so you shouldn't be either.

Installation

TSLPatcher - click on the Installer file and follow the directions.

Compatability

Only real potential problems would be any mod that changes the 701Kor module. This mod includes a 701Kor.mod file which replaces the original ERF file.

Any mod that made changes to Party_Jolee_NPC line of Appearance.2da.

This mod IS compatable with TSLRCM. See Readme in the attached TSLRCM file for instructions.

Voice Actors

Special thanks to following for adding their voices and talents:

JuniorModder - Darth Fang, Jett Darklighter, Jawas

Austin Parish - Sith Clerics, Forestall, misc. slaves

Oliver White from VAA(Voice Actors Alliance) - Belloq

Mauri "Darkblade" Majanoja - Raynor Vala

Zhaboka - Darth Loqi, Kazius

-----------------------------------------
Permissions

Special thanks to Kha for use of his Hood Mod.

Special thanks to DarthStoney for help with TSLRCM.

Special Thanks

Fred Tetra
TK102
Darth333
Stoffe - you helped me more than you will ever know.
cchargin
magnusII
JdNoa & Dashus

For their wonderful tools and applications they developed without which none of this could be completed.

Thanks to everyone at Holowan Labs for their help with questions and problems.

My Beta testers: DarthStoney, Sith Holocron, Logan23, VarsityPuppet - I didn't use all your recommendations but appreciate your help and encouragement.

------------------------------------------
Contact
------------------------------------------

I can be reached at Lucas Forums.

Any use or reproduction of this mod or elements of this mod without the consent of its creator, ME(Newbiemodder), is prohibited. Besides, it would just be rude.

Ask and you shall receive.

Hope you enjoy it, and if not, I don't want to hear about it.

Here's the link:

http://www.filefront.com/17827126/NM_KOR_EXP.zip)

Make sure you read the ReadMe before playing. Hope you enjoy.

If you want some screenshots, click on the link in my signature.
 jonathan7
01-21-2011, 1:22 PM
Excellent work Newbiemodder! =) Can't wait to finally play it, glad to see you finished it! You want it up on KotOR Files... I'd sure like to see it there! :xp:
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-21-2011, 1:33 PM
()_o

Congratulations! I super surprise, to be sure, and another reason for me to get TSL working properly again!

This has been a long time coming, I am sure you are thrilled to get it out! Thank you for completing it, I will play soon :D

Downloading.....
 HaVoKeR
01-21-2011, 5:10 PM
Nice mod, i just want to ask to you set different levels for the force powers you created (high lvl recommended), and edit the dialog so they have a proper description like the other powers.
 Zhaboka
01-21-2011, 8:41 PM
WOO-HOO! I cannot wait to play this baby.
 DarthStoney
01-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Congrats on getting this done! I'll have to give it another runthrough. Sorry I never got the mini maps put together.
 Phildevil
01-22-2011, 12:56 AM
*Going to test this mod rightaway!*
 Bob Ta'aar
01-22-2011, 6:48 AM
sounds sweet-ass-awesome :)! thanks a lot.
 CrisG
01-22-2011, 9:45 PM
Very nice, thanks for releasing this, Always good to see the world expanded.
 ZimmMaster
01-23-2011, 9:34 PM
I always though Korriban was too short. I will be downloading it immediately.
 jonathan7
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey NB, been testing this for my K-Files review, however run into a snag, getting into the tomb which requires the 3 keys... Where do I get the 2nd key from? I have keys 1-3... Please don't say that one entrance tomb :xp: as having defeated the Sith Lords, I couldn't get into the vault and no-one dropped anything either...
 newbiemodder
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey NB, been testing this for my K-Files review, however run into a snag, getting into the tomb which requires the 3 keys... Where do I get the 2nd key from? I have keys 1-3... Please don't say that one entrance tomb :xp: as having defeated the Sith Lords, I couldn't get into the vault and no-one dropped anything either...

Here the spoilers for the 2 tombs at the Sith Ruins area

The Tomb of Ezer Arden

Stand alone area. Need to defeat the Zombie and get his key. That key opens the middle tomb door. You will find another key there which opens the door on the right. Now depending which path you choose, will the Tomb Vault be open. If you choose the darker path the door will open.

The Tomb of Thulsa Gaul

For starters you need 3 keys which are told to you by the jawa. The keys are located in a jar at top of ramp, in rock pile near the jawa, and in obelisk opposite the ramp on other side of area. Once have 3 keys need to chck journal entries...which will lead you back to Belloq. Go to Belloq and he will help you, only then can you get in. Little bit of running around.

Additional Spoiler - Security Center
Ignore the holocomputer, that was part of some content that was cut from the mod. The security computer is an invisible placeable located on the center computers of the room across from the door entrance
 newbiemodder
02-10-2011, 1:48 PM
Just FYI....I believe there is a compatability issue with Qui-Don Jorn's HOTOR Saber Mod....it looks like they share a common dialog file name for Darth Sion....The quickest fix appears to be temporarily remove the existing "sion.dlg" file (from Hotor) from your Override in order to play my mod.....If not the Sion's dialog will not fire during the battle with Darth Poxus and you'll just be stuck.....

See if I can't put together a little patch to fix it. Thank you.

***Here's the patch*****

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20000105/KOR_EXP_PTCH_1.0.zip)

It includes a ReadMe...but basically take the 2 files one .ncs file and ond .dlg file and copy/paste to your override.
 Qui-Don Jorn
02-10-2011, 2:42 PM
Just FYI....I believe there is a compatability issue with Qui-Don Jorn's HOTOR Saber Mod....it looks like they share a common dialog file name for Darth Sion....The quickest fix appears to be temporarily remove the existing "sion.dlg" file (from Hotor) from your Override in order to play my mod.....If not the Sion's dialog will not fire during the battle with Darth Poxus and you'll just be stuck.....

See if I can't put together a little patch to fix it. Thank you.

YEP. I saw that too!
All mine is doing is firing a saber replace script. sion_sbrrepl.ncs.

[CODE][void main ()
{

object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("DarthSion", 0);
object osaber1 = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON ,oNPC1);
object oNewsaber = CreateItemOnObject("sion_lghtsbr_135",oNPC1);

if (GetIsObjectValid (osaber1))
{
DestroyObject(osaber1);
}
AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewsaber,INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAP ON));
DelayCommand(0.5, SetLightsaberPowered(oNPC1, TRUE, FALSE, FALSE));

}/CODE]

I dont know if you need this but there it is anyway..
 Darth Tartarus
02-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Quick question...Poxus just told the guy in the Kolto tank to awaken. Now what do I do?

EDIT: bug report: I collected all three keys, but my journal didn't update, and Belloq won't talk to me...
 Phildevil
03-26-2011, 3:37 AM
Uh, how do I get access to this new content? Didn't found anything in Uthar's room, so far as I can remember playing-it 3 hours ago. I'm done with both the academy and the tomb where you get to see Revan. I can't seem to do anything else on Korriban :S
 newbiemodder
03-26-2011, 9:03 AM
@phil
In Uthar's room, did you go behind the holocron..move towards the table, there is a placeable called 'table'...click it
 Phildevil
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Damn! Okay, I'm going to go back a few saves :P

After I redid the part you mentioned, I was able to pursue my quest. However, 2 things to mention: though there's an objective added, nothing's written as a title nor description. Furthermore, when I arrive close to the tomb, there seems to be a path I'm not able to take. After goofing around-it, I found a way to make appear a sign that indicate I could change area. Only, I cannot. Even when I walk in the direction, not working!!!! I could provide you with screenshot, If you wished...
 Dark_Ansem
05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Korriban needs more love, and this mod does it.
 Zhaboka
06-29-2011, 5:02 PM
I've just added Jolee to the party and avoided numerous geometry crashes to make it to Darth Fang. When I try to talk to him, the game crashes... Is this normal?
 Snard
06-29-2011, 5:24 PM
I've just added Jolee to the party and avoided numerous geometry crashes to make it to Darth Fang. When I try to talk to him, the game crashes... Is this normal?

Well, sir, i dont think its normal for your game to crash, unless its the next big plot twist:)
When I first downloaded this mod i had the same exact problem with Darth Loqi, he didnt have a a body but he was still in the target reticle, yet when its supposed to start a convo with him when you get near him, the game crashed. What i did was reinstall and delete some of my many mods that might have been causing problems for it, such as sidequest mods.
 newbiemodder
06-30-2011, 2:17 PM
Z - It has to be some kind of mod conflict
 Snard
06-30-2011, 2:50 PM
Z - It has to be some kind of mod conflict

definitely is. thats the only thing that caused problems for me
 Zhaboka
07-06-2011, 2:09 PM
Yeah, it's crashing in the Security Room in the Secret Academy, too... I must have majorly messed something up.

Oh well! I'll try again with fewer mods in a bit. I have hunch it's the Super Content mod that's screwing things up.
 Snard
07-06-2011, 2:24 PM
Yeah, it's crashing in the Security Room in the Secret Academy, too... I must have majorly messed something up.

Oh well! I'll try again with fewer mods in a bit. I have hunch it's the Super Content mod that's screwing things up.

Im about 90% sure thats what it is. good luck fixing it.
 xxMalic3xx
10-27-2011, 7:48 PM
So... I've
Found the ship and told the Jawa about it; yet nothing happens and on an unrelated note Belloq won't talk to me about the keys.

Any suggestions?
 newbiemodder
10-27-2011, 8:25 PM
If you have found the ship and acquired Jett into your group go face Darth Poxus...Did you find all three keys? and nothing happened? what mods do you have installed?
 xxMalic3xx
10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
I found the ship, yet I have no idea how to find- or who Jett is... And yes, I have all three keys and Belloq doesn't give me any dialog options; just says: "Be careful out there."
Anyway, I currently have TSLRCM 1.7, Hotor 1.5, Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, Your Korriban expansion (obviously), a few re-texture mods, warp/cheat armband and Ultimate Class Robes.
 newbiemodder
10-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Edit: I think I may have figured it out why belloq didn't talk...it may have something to do with the conditional. I used a == for the journal quest in the script when I probably should have used =>...see the spoiler for quick solution

Ok...not sure what happened with Belloq, have never had or heard of a problem before...basically, you take the keys to belloq and he translates them and combines them into one master key to allow entrance to the tomb...I guess you could use the cheat code...giveitem key_thulsa, just make sure you are in the valley module where belloq is to get it

You need to do more at the shuttle module...did you deactivate the force fields, fight the guards...go thru the door towards the sactuary.

did you also notice the patch in this thread regarding HOTOR? If not you will need it.
 Phildevil
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Here's probably your culprit: Hotor 1.5
Lots of incompatibility between the two, unfortunately...
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-03-2011, 8:58 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and say that I just played through Korriban Expansion again with no problems...except one I dont think has to do with HotOR...
NM, is it an intentional thing where in Thulsa Gaul's tomb, the room to the right where the stone sith statues(that you fight) are is unescapeable?? Or am I just a retard and didn't do something right?
I pulled on the chain and couldn't get out..so I went back a save and kept Jolee and Iacen outside the room so when I got trapped I could just warp through the door..

Anyway,..HotOR 1.6 is totally compatible with NM's Korriban Expansion and you no longer need the compatibilty patch.
One other thing though..NM, when Kreia is readded to the party she isn't gimped Kreia anymore :)

Ok Im off..
QDJ
 GeorgNihilus
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
NM, is it an intentional thing where in Thulsa Gaul's tomb, the room to the right where the stone sith statues (that you fight) are is unescapeable?? Or am I just a retard and didn't do something right?
I pulled on the chain and couldn't get out ... so I went back a save and kept Jolee and Iacen outside the room so when I got trapped I could just warp through the door.

Anyway, HotOR 1.6 is totally compatible with NM's Korriban Expansion and you no longer need the compatibilty patch.
One other thing though ...NM, when Kreia is readded to the party she isn't gimped Kreia anymore :)
QDJ
what? which room to the right of sith statues?? :raise:

I didn't have major issues with the pull chain, a message "This pull chain will allow you to return ..." should show up. Nevertheless, if you choose to stay inside the next pull of this chain will leave you outside the tomb without asking you again to stay inside, meaning that if you didn't "talk" with you know who ;) you won't, ever.
and yeah, amazing! about Kreia, she's full handed after rejoining the party, I couldn't have noticed 'cause I've tweaked her appearance quite a bit :roleyess: ... so thanks for that bit of info.

that's it, for now ... :thmbup1:
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-04-2011, 8:11 PM

I didn't have major issues with the pull chain, a message "This pull chain will allow you to return ..." should show up. Nevertheless, if you choose to stay inside the next pull of this chain will leave you outside the tomb without asking you again to stay inside, meaning that if you didn't "talk" with you know who ;) you won't, ever.
and yeah, amazing! about Kreia, she's full handed after rejoining the party, I couldn't have noticed 'cause I've tweaked her appearance quite a bit :roleyess: ... so thanks for that bit of info.

that's it, for now ... :thmbup1:

the room WITH the Sith statues that come alive and attack you...is what I meant.

Ok well, I didnt get that message...:(
When I playthrough again with new character I'll check it out.
thanks
QDJ
 newbiemodder
12-05-2011, 8:22 AM
@KDJ-

Ths sith statue room....The door is locked, but should be able to be opened with a mine or grenade if I recall correctly...you should be able to set a mine...run away and the mine should explode and the door open...if not, there must be a conflict or glitch somewhere.

I did not know that regarding Kreia...thanks for the info...I'll check into it.
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-12-2011, 8:35 PM
Ths sith statue room....The door is locked, but should be able to be opened with a mine or grenade if I recall correctly...you should be able to set a mine...run away and the mine should explode and the door open...if not, there must be a conflict or glitch somewhere.

Oh yeah,...hehe. duh.:thmbup1:
 bendarby24
12-21-2011, 12:44 PM
ummm visa is a rackeoul help!
 newbiemodder
12-21-2011, 4:14 PM
That must be a mod conflict...what mods do you have installed and in what order did you install them? Did you install any mods that alter or put a new appearance.2da into override rather than use the tsl patcher after mine?
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-25-2011, 5:17 PM
Im guessing he has Full Force mod installed..just a guess.

oh, nevermind me..you have rakghouls in your mod too..:P
 Zhaboka
12-26-2011, 4:11 PM
Believe it or not, I have never actually played through this whole thing.

My game crashes after almost loading the "Sanctuary" module - after you find the ship and defeat the Sith Templars.

This is what started to appear right as it crashed (it has been brightened):

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r171/Zhaboka/Miscellaneous/KorribanExpansionError.jpg)

I have these major mods installed:

TSLRCM 1.7
Korriban Expansion
Cathalan (ugh)
Enhanced Merchants
Full Force Mod
VP's Module Tweaks
 newbiemodder
12-26-2011, 5:47 PM
Ugh...no idea...for some reason this particular part of the mod is where many have said they have a problem. I recall having some problems with this particular area when it comes to the npc's there and equipping them with helmets and stuff. Caused all kinds of troubles for me. Seems to conflict with some mods...I think it may have to do with the on_enter script and a particular npc. PM me your email and I'll send you a simpler onenter script which hope will work

EDIT: Looking at it though....it looks like it may be a texture problem or conflict of some kind....that stretching is coming from the red cirlces on the walls. In your pictuer the red circles in the hallway are wrong...they should be entirley that red webby texture from Malachor......your have brick part to it which should not be there...interesting
 Qui-Don Jorn
01-06-2012, 5:52 PM
I have these major mods installed:

TSLRCM 1.7
Korriban Expansion
Cathalan (ugh)
Enhanced Merchants
Full Force Mod
VP's Module Tweaks

What? no HotOR?!?

Zhaboka you traitor! just kidding
 Zhaboka
01-07-2012, 1:12 PM
What? no HotOR?!?

Zhaboka you traitor! just kidding

Hahaha, I did my last TSL playthrough with HotOR and enjoyed it very, very much.

For anyone with the same problem as me as posted previously in the thread, Newbie's best suggestion was to try the mod with a clean install and no other mods. We couldn't figure out any quick fixes for the Sanctuary problem.
 bendarby24
01-08-2012, 6:46 AM
the major mod i have is
hotor
this mod
full forces mod
higher force power mod pack
tslcrm
jedi temple mod
my rebalences mod
the ultimeute apparences mod

and that all i can think is the major ones?
 newbiemodder
01-17-2012, 6:54 PM
Hey all-

I recently noticed that some custom placeable statues were not included with the packaged up mod. Nothing major, just cosmetic. I packaged up the models in a zip...just drop them in your override. No other adjustements need to be made.

Here's the link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21192290/nm_models_zip)

if that link is out, try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdnid0ek5sfvram/nm_models.zip)

Here are some pic's if interested:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8840)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8839)
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8838)
 GeorgNihilus
01-17-2012, 7:27 PM
Excellent! :cool: and I just noticed the couple of them in the 'back' (by the entrance) of the throne room BEFORE staring at the spoiler screenie again ... gives definitely a more frightening/intimidating aspect to the room.

even better, just a drop to Override, no need to edit modules!! :lol:

thanks again :thmbup1:
 Christos K
01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I recently installed this over TSLRCM 1.7 + Unofficial Fix + USM Compatibility + USM + a few other mods and the installer complained about there being a existing global.jrl (Probably from TSLRCM) But I thought the installers could just edit pre-existing ones. Anyways I plan on fixing it with the jrl merger.
 newbiemodder
02-01-2012, 7:57 AM
I be if you check the .jrl file in your override, it will show the quests......The Great Escape and the Enemy Below.
 mickotor
09-15-2012, 4:22 PM
Has anybody fix or workaround for Sanctuary CTD.

While back FrantFire made me a workaround for this CTD but i can't get it to work. Discussion was here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/NEWBIEMODDERS_KORRIBAN_EXPANSION;118246x#2122326).
 Zhaboka
09-15-2012, 6:40 PM
Yes, actually. Newbie PMed me a solution that works. I'll PM you now.
 mickotor
09-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Now that i have finally finished this great mod i like to thank Zhaboka helping and especially Newbie for helping and making this excellent mod.

Looking for your next mod Newbie.

Heh... Now back to playing KotOR I.
Page: 1 of 2