Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Models

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
01-20-2011, 1:08 AM
Is it possible to create a new model type for an armor. So say for example you could make PMBZL as a new armor model or do I have to replace an existing one?
 Bob Ta'aar
01-20-2011, 1:11 PM
You can create completely new armors or whatever, but usually you modifiy an existing one to get the size and animations and stuff right. You can save that under a new name of course and use it in the game wherever you wish.
Making new stuff rather than replacing existing stuff is harder, more work and more things can go wrong, but it's also much better for the user and usually better compatible with other mods.
 redrob41
01-20-2011, 4:09 PM
I don't think that anyone has successfully added another column to the appearance.2da file (that the game engine would actually recognize). Most people that try to add a new armour model have to settle for simply replacing existing ones.
 reapper
01-20-2011, 5:02 PM
hey there Fallen Guardian I try to make a custom armor well I did the armor pretty good but failed in putting it in kotor if anyone can show us how to put it in the game that would be sooooooo great!!!!
 Fallen Guardian
01-20-2011, 9:25 PM
Well that stinks. So if that doesn't work I have another question: How come when I get my custom model for the specific character the texture shows up as just a shiny grey instead of what it was supposed to be?
 reapper
03-21-2011, 6:50 PM
hey fallen guardian you got your custom model in the game???!!! if so how???!!!
 Fallen Guardian
03-21-2011, 7:48 PM
I just ended up making it so all the appearance.2da lines of my character were the name of the model and the texture. That way it worked, but I couldn't make it so anyone could wear it.
Page: 1 of 1