Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MerchantsAhoy!

Page: 1 of 1
 Doctor-Hal
01-15-2011, 3:49 PM
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/MerchantsAhoy;118080)

That my fine friends is the download link to my first seriously released mod. As I've said in the past - I used to do some basic mods way back when, but I never released them I guess I just didn't feel comfortable having my work out in public. :newbie:
However I've always loved these games, and I wanted to add my own flare to them, available for everyone else who loves the Kotor franchise as much as I - so here is my Mod.

(Screenshots available on the mod page at KotorFiles)

ReadMe
MerchantsAhoy! V1.0

Created by Doctor-Hal

------
Special thanks to Fred Tetra for the Kotor Tool,
All the boys and girls responsible for the creation of the game itself,
and all the peeps at Lucas Forums who offered their support to this project.

------

Intro:
I began work on this several months ago with the high hopes of adding some additional enjoyment to KOTOR 1. I have always loved the KOTOR games, but after my 90th play-through things started to get a little redundant. Anyway I was forced to stop working on this project for a few months due to a RL crisis, but now that things have cleared up slightly I decided to go ahead and put forth my mod! (I couldn't just let it go to waste after all!) Officially I'm calling this Version 1.0 as I may, in the future, add more features/merchants/items to this mod. For the moment however I think you'll enjoy what this mod has to offer!

What it does:
So what exactly does this do? It adds new items and merchants who sell the items into the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic PC game! I've added a merchant to Taris and several to Tatooine and all of them sell custom items. I've created this to my own personal tastes, so some of you more serious types may not enjoy it all that much, but I think I balanced the comedy factor with the general ambiance and immersive feeling of the game. Hopefully rather then detract from the game, the merchants will enhance your playing experience by offering a respite from the daily grind of hacking away dark Jedi.

Installation:
I have made this mod partly modular in that you may choose to install merchants on only Taris, only Tatooine, or both. I recommend adding all of them though.

In order to install simply navigate to the sub-folder labeled “for override”, copy all of the items within said folder and then paste them into your Override folder within your Kotor folder. In the future I may take the time to package this with the TSL patcher, but for now it’s a simple drag and drop operation.

Conflicts:
Unfortunately due to the scripts I used to place the merchants there may be some complications with mods which alter the “onenter” scripts for the modules the merchants are located within. I’ve done my best to try and limit the possible conflicts, but be forewarned that this mod may not work with some of the larger mods currently floating around on the web.

Support:
I won’t be providing active support for this mod, however if you have a serious problem, or if you find a conflict with a extremely popular mod, let me know. I can always be reached by dropping me a PM over at Lucas Forums. My Username there is Doctor-Hal.

Permissions:
I hope that this mod finds its way into a larger project somewhere so please feel free to use this mod in your own mod. A couple of conditions are that you include this original readme with your mod, properly credit me in your readme and before you use this mod please make all available attempts to contact me and request permission. If you don’t hear back from me within a week (7 days) you may assume permission has been granted. I reserve the right to have my work removed from any project at any time.

License:
I don’t own anything relating to Star Wars, blah blah blah.
 Karstedt
07-22-2011, 1:29 AM
Can you make this compatible with RedHawke's Jawashop? You both utilize the k_ptat17_enter.ncs script. If you could at least include the source script, I could merge them myself.
 GlowingFauxPas
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Looks interesting. Do you have a list of the new items and what they do? Otherwise I'll just have to see for myself when I find the new merchants, which is okay. Trying this.

edit: darn, it conflicts with the repulshor shield mod :( and the patcher isn't able to reconcile it, it seems.
Page: 1 of 1