Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing the Models of Armors in Kotor 1

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
So I was trying to get Republic Armor in Kotor 1 without replacing any of the original models. There is a mod out there that does give you it but changes all the Heavy Combat suit models. I've edited the UTI and everything works well except the model won't change. I set the Body Variation to 10 and left the model variation at 0. The name of my model file is PMBJM.

Can anyone help?
 Dak Drexl
01-15-2011, 12:06 PM
There hasn't been a proven way to do this without replacing an existing model. If you name the model PMBJM like you did, then it should be replacing the star forge robes model (IIRC). I don't remember what the model variation does when it comes to armors, but I know changing it to 0 won't do anything to help you.

I've always wondered if we could add new models in because I did have a BETA of a mod where I replaced the combat suits with various republic armors (I dunno if that's the mod you were referring to though). You could use disguise items, but that has annoyances of its own (having to match up your PC with the right disguise, etc.)

If you do figure this out I'd love to know.
 Fallen Guardian
01-15-2011, 12:19 PM
All right. Thanks. I'll keep trying and let you know.
Page: 1 of 1