Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

modding

Page: 1 of 1
 jerry.boy
01-08-2011, 6:15 AM
Hello everybody,
I'm from Poland, and i'm new here. I registered today's morning.
I have some questions to people who had ever played KOTOR.
I played that game many years ago, but I lost it somewhere. Today J have it again so i just want to play...
Is there any mod, that makes game more interesting for player? I dont remember the plot of the game, maybe most of it... but it is not a problem.
The mod that i'm searching for, should make fights more interesting, stiff and fierce, or simply it has to add new enemies(some slaughters, maybe:thmbup1: ).
Thanks for everything. I think that it is possible to find mod like this.

jerry
 The Doctor
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
There is a so-called "hardcore mod" (link here (http://software.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=697579)), that boosts the stats of enemies and such. If that's still not enough, there's also an in-game difficulty modifier that even works with the aforementioned hardcore mod (link here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_and_TSL_Difficulty_Options;77377)) to increase game difficulty even further. Together, they should offer a little bit more of a challenge for the more experienced player.
 jerry.boy
01-09-2011, 6:19 AM
Thank you for replie Doctor. It would help me, but it's not exactly what i were thinking about.
I don't remeber the fighter's skills(...few years ago...), but i remember that the number of opponents were still the same(3, or 4 somewhere even 5), in all fights. I think that, it would be a lot funnier to kill much more enemies.
I tried to make new opponents in editor, but... i don't know how it works.
Did anybody had used editor to add some new creatures? I don't forget that on taris in the lowest, there were not enough monsters(or something like that), and gangs wars weren't really wars. In the first base sith weren't as powerfull(amount of enemies) as i thought, when i were going there.

Question to doctor: If i upload that mod(and make game more difficult) will there be more enemies, or the same number?

Today, i tried to use KT to add some enemies, but there are problems... Where can i find information how to add( not to edit) utc files?
 The Doctor
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Both the hardcore and in-game difficulty modifier mods make enemies more powerful, but neither add more, to my knowledge. I think, though, that such a mod does exist. I can do q better search for one once I get back on my computer (I'm using my phone right now).

As for adding the enemies yourself, my understanding of modding - which admittedly is not as detailed as most other people in Holowon Labs - leads me to believe that you would need to extract and edit .utc files with KotOR Tool (the easy part), and also write new script files to both place them in-game and make them hostile (definitely the hard part). For more information on making such a mod or having it made for you, I suggest posting in the Mod Requests subforum of Holowon Labs.
 jerry.boy
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Thank you doctor, i will check.
I've already asked in thread called "where can i find mods?". I'm only waiting for answer.

Do you know if there is any mod that "rescue" Taris(we can come back after bombardment...)?
Page: 1 of 1