Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom robe icons?

Page: 1 of 1
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-17-2010, 5:23 PM
hey fellaz.

Can anyone tell me basically how to get a robe texture to sit on a model right so i can hit print screen and make a proper icon for it?

So I've extracted n_jedirobem.mdl and .mdx, converted to ascii and imported to Gmax. But as you may know the texture on the torso is upside down..so how do you rotate that around?...wrong direction completely?

I would like to make icons that look like the default games'. (obviously).
So how do you guys do it? Im stumped.
Any clue would be most apprieciated.
-Jorn
 DarthParametric
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Sounds like your UVs have been flipped for some reason. Not sure why that would be - I don't ever recall MDLOps doing that before. The only time I've ever encountered that is with OBJs.

To fix it, do the following. Refer to the pic below.

1. Hide all the helpers and collision boxes so you can only see the mesh.
2. Select one of the affected meshes. For instance, the chest.
3. Click on the Modify tab. In the modifier "stack", select the Editable Mesh (if you haven't previously turned them off, you may get a pop-up warning - just dismiss it).
4. In the drop-down modifier list, select Unwrap UVW (under UV Coordinate Modifiers) to add this modifier in between the mesh and skin (again, you may get a warning pop-up).
5. Select the new Unwrap UVW modifier in the stack.
6. In the Parameters panel, click the Edit button.
7. In the Edit UVWs window that pops up, drag the selection box around all the points so they turn red.
8. In the toolbar at the top you'll see a Mirror Horizontal button. Click this to flip the UVs left to right. If you need to flip top to bottom, hold down the button and in the flyout panel choose Mirror Vertical.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/th_GMax-Flip-UVs.jpg) (http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/GMax-Flip-UVs.jpg)
 Qui-Don Jorn
12-19-2010, 5:41 PM
Ok I think i got that..
Thanks for the help! I didnt even think about using the Mirror button at all.
Thanks man!
-Jorn
Page: 1 of 1