Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kashyyyk Tach Sound Effects.

Page: 1 of 1
 Acleacius
12-17-2010, 1:22 PM
Is there a way to disable the constant and annoying Tach cries every 10 - 15 seconds, without completely turning off Sound Effects volume?

Thanks for any tips or links.
 TimBob12
12-17-2010, 1:44 PM
If you just found the file and deleted it then that would have the same effect.
 Acleacius
12-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the reply, is the correct directory /streamsounds or is it the big sound file (sounds.bif) I need to decompress and look through?

Several of the .wav files in /streamsounds cause errors in my Media Player Classic, any idea which dll or codec I am missing? Think my K-Lite Codec Pack isn't too old, might try an update though.

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Unknown

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1Audio
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

Media Type 1:
--------------------------
Unknown

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream
subtype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

Thanks for any tips.
 DarthParametric
12-18-2010, 12:32 AM
All you should need to do is put a blank file with the same filename in the Override folder (try just renaming an empty text file).
 Acleacius
12-18-2010, 1:05 AM
Excellent idea about putting a blank, but atm I don't know where to look for it or the name and my Media player isn't playing some of these Sound files. Strangely it plays the /streammusic with no problem.
 DarthParametric
12-18-2010, 1:25 AM
The file you want would be c_tach_bat1.wav. It's just PCM, so whatever player you are using is junk.
 Acleacius
12-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks very much for the sound file name. :cheers:

I thought Media Player Classic was ranked pretty high, while being unobtrusive and safer than wmp. In the past if a file wouldn't play it was due only to needing the proper codec.

Could you suggest a good player?

Thanks for any tips.
 DarthParametric
12-18-2010, 11:26 AM
I use Winamp for audio files and VLC for video, but VLC will play pretty much anything if you are looking for a single app.
 Acleacius
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I still heard their cries, after using a blank (which plays fine).

Odd there must be something wrong with my KotOR install as MPC plays any movie or audio file I have except most of the KotOR streams. Ogg, wav, xvid, divx, dvd and mp3 being a short list. It's says, could not render some pins in the graph.

Since you named the file I see the directory now and can move/delete all the tach files as TimBob12 mentioned. Oh well at least deleting the files worked, thanks for all the help DarthParametric and TimBob12! :cheers:
 Acleacius
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I use Winamp for audio files and VLC for video, but VLC will play pretty much anything if you are looking for a single app.

Excellent will give them a try, tyvm.
 DarthParametric
12-19-2010, 1:51 AM
Ah, I didn't even look in the streamsounds folder - I was looking in sounds.bif. The file in there is just PCM. The files in the streamsounds folder are actually MP3s, but I think there is a header issue or something else they did during encoding that makes them unplayable by most things. I gather from your experience that files in the streamsounds folder take precedence over files in the Override folder.
Page: 1 of 1