Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Page: 3 of 5
 Wedge Suron
12-22-2011, 5:55 PM
Trex, I'm sorry for repeating myself. But did you get my message? I also suggest having Lightsaber forms to be able to be learned somewhere in the mod.
 Trex
12-23-2011, 7:06 AM
Trex, I'm sorry for repeating myself. But did you get my message? I also suggest having Lightsaber forms to be able to be learned somewhere in the mod.

Sorted. Check your inbox.
 Snard
12-23-2011, 4:33 PM
This looks great. I played through 1.0 and liked it, but the voices/ lack of voices really kinda ruined it in some places.

On a side note, have you or would you consider maybe making expansions after you release the final product? Like maybe more sidequests, new items, story extention, etc?
I'd like to see that. It would make it feel more like a truly new game.
 Scorge
12-23-2011, 5:23 PM
This looks great. I played through 1.0 and liked it, but the voices/ lack of voices really kinda ruined it in some places.

On a side note, have you or would you consider maybe making expansions after you release the final product? Like maybe more sidequests, new items, story extention, etc?
I'd like to see that. It would make it feel more like a truly new game.

Uh, hes already doing that.
 Snard
12-23-2011, 8:15 PM
Uh, hes already doing that.

Oh really? I havent heard anything about that.
 razorxp
12-24-2011, 4:14 PM
Darth Snard check page 1.trex says explicitly that everything will be corrected and added
 UltimateHK47
12-25-2011, 2:59 PM
When the 2.0 is finished I may ask trex's permission to mod it. As i love the original. I dont know if id realese them but...
 Snard
12-28-2011, 8:38 PM
Darth Snard check page 1.trex says explicitly that everything will be corrected and added

I didn't say anything about things being corrected and added?

Could you be more clear?
 razorxp
01-04-2012, 2:19 PM
No Snard because what I had already written to say

trex i haved question for you What about the music in tjm 2.0.be a new???from kotor 1???
 UltimateHK47
01-04-2012, 3:06 PM
And Its likely Trex will use different music, but not alot. To be honest id rather the mod come out a few weeks erlier then wait for music. Kotor 2 music is fine anyway
 razorxp
01-04-2012, 4:11 PM
fine anyway I think that music Kotora 2 is a dramatic, mysterious but music kotor 1 is nice and song the old republic I do not know whether the correct name of music from kotor 1.

and sorry for double post but I'm new here
 UltimateHK47
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Thinking about it Trex has made alot of progress hasn't he. just wanted to say, BRAVO Trex! :D
 razorxp
01-13-2012, 5:43 PM
as for me it works trex ends in February 2012. So there is no reason to enjoy.
 d3sd0
01-20-2012, 12:22 AM
So looking forward to the release of this. It'll be wonderful!
 Trex
01-23-2012, 6:56 AM
Here's a novel request...

Does anyone have my mod?

In case you don't keep track of these things, Megaupload.com has ceased to operate, and guess which filehost my mod was on. Since I am now invested in the newer version, I don't actually have a copy of the 1.0 installer files on my computer. I foolishly felt that Megaupload would be a safe place to keep them. Silly me. :xp:

So does anyone have the TJM mod files, and if so, would it be possible for you to upload them to a filehost and send them to me.

Hopefully it won't be that long until the new version is released, but there's always someone wanting to play the old one.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-23-2012, 9:01 AM
PM sent... I have it somewhere, just gotta find it.
 Sith Holocron
01-23-2012, 9:16 AM
Trex, did you need/want me to do the voice overs?
 UltimateHK47
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Wha site will you upload it to, I mean, Pcgamemods does NOT work for me...
I use mediafire, though there are many better ones out there. What have you got in mind?
 Trex
01-24-2012, 5:15 AM
PM sent... I have it somewhere, just gotta find it.

Thanks. There's no rush though. Take all week if you have to.

Trex, did you need/want me to do the voice overs?

I'm not looking for voice actors just yet. I'm just focusing on getting a playable beta first, then i'll be posting what I need voice acting wise.

Wha site will you upload it to, I mean, Pcgamemods does NOT work for me...
I use mediafire, though there are many better ones out there. What have you got in mind?

Odds are I'll just use mediafire, or maybe just a direct download link on a new site I'm putting together.
 Darth Visillius
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Trex, did you get those install files yet? I have them readily available on my trusty HDD if you still need them.
 Trex
02-01-2012, 3:16 PM
Trex, did you get those install files yet? I have them readily available on my trusty HDD if you still need them.

Yup, I'm still after them if you have them.
 Darth Visillius
02-02-2012, 8:11 AM
Yeah, I have them readily available. How do you want me to send them?
 Trex
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everyone who offered, but I now have the TJM files.

I am also about 50 lines of dialogue away from from finishing Mutanda.
 UltimateHK47
02-03-2012, 1:18 PM
Dont get me too excited :D
 d3sd0
02-03-2012, 5:12 PM
Tremendous effort Trex great job! :D
 Trex
02-09-2012, 7:04 AM
And that's Mutanda finally finished!

Here's a pic of my to do list with all the remaining jobs. Each item on this list will take about two hours each.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3007/imag0043bf.jpg)

The mod won't be ready for release at the end of the list, but it will be ready for beta testing and more importantly, it means I can finally get other people involved. I'll be looking for people to retexture levels, make new player characters, new outfits, voice acting and so on.

And of course, I can make some neat looking trailers and do the cutscenes.
 d3sd0
02-09-2012, 6:53 PM
Great job Trex, according to your estimates ~36 hours left of work ay? Pretty good! Can't wait to see the final results!
 razorxp
02-10-2012, 8:50 PM
That good. I can't wait for this conversion
 Sith Holocron
02-11-2012, 5:02 AM
Great job Trex, according to your estimates ~36 hours left of work left? Pretty good! Can't wait to see the final results!

That estimate may be misleading, d3sd0. Who is to say he will not work on one of those items a day? I doubt he'd do a marathon 36 hours session. (I certainly hope not!)

He also has to gather the voice overs which leaves him at the mercy of who ever is doing those parts for him. Then factor in real life and you can see how your estimate might be off.

However, I also look forward to the final results.
 UltimateHK47
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
However, I also look forward to the final results.

My thoughts exactly! one question? You know the jawa/lvl50 consular you get on duxn, will you change his stats. he was very over powering and with particular morphs he had around 2k vitality and could kill strong opponents very quickley. If you could tone down his health and strength ect, it'd balance the game out. It got to a point where I got so bored of pwning I left him for weaker allies...
Hell, without morphing he still had ridiculas vitality. (this is from my memory, Ill look so stupid if im talking about the wrong mod :P)
 darth-ackbar
02-16-2012, 9:25 AM
Hi everyone, if you don't mind me asking, how did trex make the picture of revan for the main menu (sorry I can't seem to get LF to quote but it was on page 2) did he change the mainmenu01 model somehow, or not?

Also, is this mod available to download yet, the 1.0 version is no longer available on filefront or on megaupload(damn sopa)

Thanks and good luck with the mod Trex.

EDIT: Just read through page 3, has Trex re-uploaded the 1.0 yet or would someone who has the files be kind enough to send me them?
 Sith Holocron
02-16-2012, 3:48 PM
EDIT: Just read through page 3, has Trex re-uploaded the 1.0 yet or would someone who has the files be kind enough to send me them?

Might I suggest asking him about this on TJM 1.0 thread? It might be best not to confuse the two mods as I'm sure he won't want to answer questions about his previous mod on his current's mod thread.
 darth-ackbar
02-17-2012, 4:27 AM
Oh sorry, I thought this was probably the thread for both now, plus people were talking about it earlier so yeah. Anyway, I'll post on the 1.0 thread.
 Trex
02-24-2012, 5:49 AM
As I just posted in the 1.0 thread, I've reuploaded all the installation files for the earlier version of the mod. They can all be found on http://villainousviews.com/games/tjm.html) a website that I also use for my animation hobby, so you you can watch them if you want too.

My thoughts exactly! one question? You know the jawa/lvl50 consular you get on duxn, will you change his stats. he was very over powering and with particular morphs he had around 2k vitality and could kill strong opponents very quickley. If you could tone down his health and strength ect, it'd balance the game out. It got to a point where I got so bored of pwning I left him for weaker allies...
Hell, without morphing he still had ridiculas vitality. (this is from my memory, Ill look so stupid if im talking about the wrong mod :P)

Yeah, I'm going to be doing loads of game balancing stuff while I'm bug testing. I've done the boss fights as I've gone along, so they're all a bit more interesting and not so quick now, but I'll be tweaking a lot of the gameplay.

Hi everyone, if you don't mind me asking, how did trex make the picture of revan for the main menu (sorry I can't seem to get LF to quote but it was on page 2) did he change the mainmenu01 model somehow, or not?

Yeah, I just hex edited the menu model and replaced the main texture. I'm afraid I can't remember much of how I did it beyond that though.
 Sith Holocron
02-24-2012, 7:26 PM
Trex, might you have any screenshots from the TJM 2.0 you could show us - if only to get this thread back on topic. :)
 UltimateHK47
03-03-2012, 3:46 PM
Trex may I ask if when you learn the force will you change the explanations because it was a little confusing :) ?
 Trex
03-04-2012, 2:32 PM
Trex may I ask if when you learn the force will you change the explanations because it was a little confusing :) ?

Yeah, loads of the stuff to do with your powers and the explaination behind the 'true sith' have are more detailed in this version. Should you choose the path of a Sith, you can return to Freedon Nadd and information on many a subject.There's also a similar option if you want to train to be a Jedi.

Trex, might you have any screenshots from the TJM 2.0 you could show us - if only to get this thread back on topic. :)

Oh, go on then.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3841/84287809.jpg)
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7940/83609463.jpg)
 UltimateHK47
03-04-2012, 3:34 PM
Ooh, tasty
 Scorge
03-04-2012, 4:12 PM
Sweet, finally some screenies. What planet are you playing on the first pic? And the 2nd is Rhen Var right?
 razorxp
03-04-2012, 4:24 PM
nice screenies but when it comes out tjm 2.0?????
 UltimateHK47
03-04-2012, 6:06 PM
Sweet, finally some screenies. What planet are you playing on the first pic? And the 2nd is Rhen Var right?

looks like when you train the apprentices

razorxp- nice screenies but when it comes out tjm 2.0?????

When it's done
 kotorcrazyguy
03-04-2012, 8:55 PM
I'll be a beta tester. I love KOTOR, it's my favorite game anyhow.
 Trex
03-05-2012, 4:44 AM

The second one's Rhen Var and the first one's Korriban. Nothing too impressive about the module as it's near identical to what you explore in TSL, but you get to have some cool fights with spirits there.
 Sithspecter
03-05-2012, 7:45 PM
Alright folks, let's calm down here. Trex has not stated a release date, so rather than cluttering up the thread, please send him a Private Message about the subject.

Also, please try not to be snarky in how you word "It'll be finished when it is finished"

Any more posts about a release date will be snipped.

Thanks,

-SS
 UltimateHK47
03-10-2012, 1:35 PM
Are you going to change the gui colour?
 Scorge
03-10-2012, 2:12 PM
Don't flood Trex with questions. He'll eventually get frustrated and not answer anymore questions. I know you guys are curious, but he might include questions and answers in the TJM 2.0 ReadMe.
 Trex
03-17-2012, 8:17 AM
Nearly everything up to the final battle is now finished. I still need to complete some of the companion quests, but all the big complicated free roaming stuff is now done.

Unfortunately, I'm now a bit stalled however. I use my PC for work and modding, and have officially ran out of room to do both. I have a cutom built laptop on the way, and when I get it i'll be transferring everything kotor over to there, but I might not have it for a full week.

Are you going to change the gui colour?

Yes. I know how to do it and what colour I'm going for, and it'll be one of the last things I do.
 Scorge
03-17-2012, 8:39 AM
Ah, damn. You ran out of room. At least a new laptop is on the way :)
 Exile007
03-21-2012, 9:33 PM
Nearly everything up to the final battle is now finished. I still need to complete some of the companion quests, but all the big complicated free roaming stuff is now done.

Awesome. I loved version 1.0 even if it had its flaws. I felt like you really gave the True Sith the screen time and development that they deserved. Definitely looking forward to giving version 2.0 a spin when it's done. :)
 Trex
04-14-2012, 6:05 AM
I'm halfway through putting together the final battle/boss fights, so it should only be a few weeks until I announce the big beta.

I have a small problem I'm opening to the public though.

Some of you might remember that Celeste Morne was briefly in the original version of the mod, but I've decided she shouldn't be. I could make excuses for it, but given the character's story, it just doesn't make that much sense for her to be involved.

I'm therefore looking for suggestions on who I should use instead. In order to balance out orginal characters from pre-existing ones, I'd prefer someone who's be seen before elsewhere in the various Kotor stuff.
Page: 3 of 5