Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Andrei's Rebalanced Classes And Gameplay Enhancement (ARCAGE)

Page: 1 of 1
 Andrei Gijgorev
11-25-2010, 4:53 AM
Well, it's out now. Sadly we don't get reviews at KotorFiles anymore, so I'll just copy the description from over there:

A lot of people feel that KotOR2:TSL is way too easy, especially once you're around level 20. There are a few mods aiming to make the game more difficult by increasing health points of opponents and such, but none of them really adds something to the game in my opinion.

ARCAGE doesn't increase the potency of the enemies, but rather decreases the potency of the player and the party. This also leads to more specialization - know how you can build up a Sentinel with 20 points in every skill by level 25 who can cast Force powers all day long and is still a kick-ass fighter? That won't be possible in ARCAGE.

A rather unique feature of ARCAGE are attribute prerequisites for feats. For instance Master Two-Weapon Fighting requires STR 20 and DEX 20. In addition, some of the feats have been rebalanced - e.g. the Dueling feat chain has been made "cheaper" than the Two-Weapon Fighting feat chain to make it a more attractive alternative. On top of that a lot of feats have been made class- and level-independent.
The skills system has been overhauled, introducing a mix of K1 and K2. Automatic HP regeneration has been removed and the Heal powers rely on Treat Injury skill rather than level.

Also the feats, levels and attributes of your companions have been adjusted to make your party more diverse and your gameplay experience more unique.

ARCAGE comes in two difficulty versions for both the casual gamer and the die-hard XP collector.

Screenshot 1 (http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/117544_1.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/117544_2.jpg)

Download at KotorFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Andreis_Rebalanced_Classes_And_Gameplay_Enhancemen) t_ARCAGE;117544)

ARCAGE should be compatible with the large majority of mods out there - refer to the readme for more detailed information. Even if you don't read the readme, please do at least read the FAQ.

When choosing attributes for a new playthrough, keep in mind that you need to click on the "Recommended" button to make the most out of the increased difficulty. You can then of course redistribute your attribute points.

Have fun.
 logan23
11-25-2010, 2:43 PM
Cool concept.

Now do you have a text or word document to help give players a layout/guide to help them if they want to create a certain type of Jedi character so they don't build one that work against what they wish to have. The basics...

This would help get players comfortable with the new system and keep fustrations low. Players will make mistakes in their choices here and there but you want to help lead their had a little to keep them small in number

Logan
 Andrei Gijgorev
11-25-2010, 3:42 PM
The feat requirements can easily be checked in-game and the readme contains a full overview of the classes (HP, FP, skills, ...).
That should be sufficient, no?
 logan23
11-25-2010, 11:08 PM
downloading and will check it out

Edit: Hey i notice that the force power section menu is not there?
Now i only have this mod of your in the game. Doe it affect this? how so?
 Andrei Gijgorev
11-26-2010, 5:05 AM
downloading and will check it out

Edit: Hey i notice that the force power section menu is not there?
Now i only have this mod of your in the game. Doe it affect this? how so?
I'm assuming you are talking about level-ups. Well Sentinels and Guardians don't get a Force power at level two anymore. You will get your first power at lvl3 (Guardian) or lvl4 (Sentinel).
 Phildevil
11-26-2010, 1:00 PM
I am curious as to why would guardians receive-it sooner than sentinels?
 Andrei Gijgorev
11-26-2010, 1:37 PM
My concept for classes is that of the three disciplines (fighting, Force powers, skills) each class has one they're particularly good at, one they're a little less good at, and one they're bad at.

Primary discipline for Guardians is fighting, secondary one is Force powers, last one is skills.
Primary discipline for Consulars is Force powers, secondary one is skills, last one is fighting.
Primary discipline for Sentinels is skills, secondary one is fighting, last one is Force powers.

You must know that the point of ARCAGE is not so much to "improve" the game, but rather to change it - it is meant for people who have played the game more than once and who are looking for a new challenge. So whenever I had to decide whether I would do something this way or that way, I usually chose the option less like the original game.

You can read more about the philosophy behind this mod in the old WIP thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197239). Many things have changed since then though, so don't take anything you read there for granted.
 Phildevil
11-26-2010, 6:10 PM
I do not wish to discuss your objectives or philosophy, nor persuade you to adopt otherwise. I can now see the logic of what you did and that is sufficient. Actually, I do like this mod. However, I have a question for you: is it compatible with Improve AI mod, Full Force Mod, High Level Force Power 2.0/2.1, and/or TSL Restoration Content Mod 1.7?
 Andrei Gijgorev
11-26-2010, 6:52 PM
ARCAGE is compatible with High Level Force Powers and TSLRCM. I'm not familiar with the other two Mods, but judging by their names there shouldn't be any kind of problem.
The readme contains a list of modified files - just check whether any of these are also modified by the mods you mentioned, which shouldn't be the case.
Page: 1 of 1