Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help edditing force powers!

Page: 1 of 1
 rafathehulk
11-03-2010, 8:24 PM
hi guys, my first post in the forum =p. First, i would like to congratulate on all support this forum gives , its amazing really :thmbup1:.

I've just using kse with sucess and kotor toll as well, modifying many .2da files in order to increase balance(increasing difficult, increasing force cost, force power gain and etc... ) but there is 1 missing thing i didnt find out how to change...

How can i modify forcepowers DURATION, EFFECTS OR DAMAGE??

I've researched on all forum, so looks like i need to know how to script, right?? but it sounds too complicated too me ... so isn't there any tool that would change the variables of spells ?

i just wanna emphasize that i just want modify variables of EXISTING FORCE POWERS not create any new force power, if anyone would help me i really apreciate.
 Phildevil
11-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I think you might get what you wish for if you'd explore and fiddle around with "spells.2da"

You'll be able to do so with "Kotor Tool".
 rafathehulk
11-04-2010, 7:17 PM
hi phildevil , i've been using kotor toll as mentioned but in spells.2da and there is no label field to change variables like damage, duration or effects of force powers...

i just manage to changed force power's points... but there is a label field called spelldesc and a number like 1207,1208,etc... which i think somehow will help me in what i need, but i have no clue what these numbers mean...
 Seikan
11-04-2010, 8:21 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144468&highlight=force+powers+modify)

Here you have how to modify the damage, and for the duration, it's the same kind of midification ^^
 rafathehulk
11-05-2010, 7:52 AM
ok seikan , how can i do this:

1. Extract k_inc_force and k_sp1_generic using KOTOR Tool

Thanks in advance =p
 Seikan
11-05-2010, 8:44 AM
well, in Kotor tool, go on Bif's>>>Scripts.bif>>>Script,Source
 rafathehulk
11-06-2010, 8:07 PM
well i decided to make a test on force valor duration: so first i changed its duration from 20 sec to 10 sec in this line:

float fDuration = Sp_CalcDuration( 20.0 );

it didnt work , so in the link u posted beancounter said something about "valid entries", so i changed the value to 60 instead of 10, and it worked :thmbup1:.

But the whole process is very exausthive and im almost giving up since i want to modify most of force powers , and i dont know what are "the valid entries" for every force power and sometimes i change some variables and it doesn"t change at all when i test them in game.
 Seikan
11-06-2010, 9:08 PM
I think the "the valid entries" are the same for every force power, and to know them, the damage you can see the different damages possibilities in Kotor tool (2d6= 12 2d10=20 etc etc)
 rafathehulk
11-07-2010, 12:01 AM
sorry, didnt understand u.

what are the damage possibilities? remember i want to modify duration as well =p. and how do i know them

Sorry for bothering you, Seikan. :indif:

bah... im not even managing to change duration of force valor man im doing somethign wrong im getting crazy really... k its just a game maybe i would just come back to the game and play it hehe
Page: 1 of 1