Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Visual Enhancement 2011

Page: 2 of 2
 Rinku
12-04-2010, 4:39 PM
I love what you are doing it looks very cool. With this, the music mod and ARCAGE I am planning on having a very nice play-through :)

I am still working on the new version of droids a creature skins you can see some pics on my site

After you have finished everything (creatures and droids) are you doing skins for other stuff like NPCs, armor, weapons?
 Xarwarz
12-06-2010, 1:53 AM
Nice kath hound skin (on the website)! How would you feel about enhancing Hanharr's?

Thanks its about as realistic as i could make it....I will be doing all creatures

I love what you are doing it looks very cool. With this, the music mod and ARCAGE I am planning on having a very nice play-through :)

After you have finished everything (creatures and droids) are you doing skins for other stuff like NPCs, armor, weapons?

Maybe but these upcoming mods will be available next year
 Working Class Hero
12-10-2010, 5:13 PM
Can you please either upload these in tga form or make it clear what exactly needs to be flipped? Your screenshots look great, but I simply don't have the time to test all the files to get them to look correct.
 Xarwarz
12-11-2010, 4:26 AM
Can you please either upload these in tga form or make it clear what exactly needs to be flipped? Your screenshots look great, but I simply don't have the time to test all the files to get them to look correct.

Nothing needs to be flipped the files were directly from my override folder so they were already flipped. if a texture is displaying incorrect that means its either or it may or may not need to be flipped they are a few like that in the game. If you have any issues give a screen shot of it so i can better help
 bobtomee
12-12-2010, 9:15 PM
Hay i do have to agree with who ever said ONDERON looked like a cartoon. Think you can make it little less? little Cartoonish. I love the other designs they work out right but. yea that one is a little Iffffff y on.
 Phildevil
12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
I did not like onderon's color, so I've changed-it. Moreover, using GIMP, you can add grain to certain textures and it works wonder... Experiment and you may just get what you want ;)
 Working Class Hero
12-19-2010, 8:36 PM
they are a few like that in the game
Oh, not everything needs to be flipped? I put in the narshadaa skins and flipped everything and it didn't look nice. I'll just convert them without flipping the next time; but do any of them NEED to be flipped?
 Xarwarz
12-20-2010, 2:49 AM
Oh, not everything needs to be flipped? I put in the narshadaa skins and flipped everything and it didn't look nice. I'll just convert them without flipping the next time; but do any of them NEED to be flipped?

Ill check my override folder but it less than 5 percent that may need to be flipped.
 Canderis
12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
You should flip all the ones that need to be flipped and re-upload.
 Sith Holocron
12-20-2010, 6:14 PM
You should flip all the ones that need to be flipped and re-upload.

Yes, that seems to be the logical thing to do.

@Xarwarz, my offer to upload the whole package (once you finish your work on M4-78) as a torrent at Demonoid still stands. Let me know once you have everything ready and the flipping issue is dealt with, and I'll start the uploading process.
 Xarwarz
12-21-2010, 4:15 AM
Ok i need to clarify everything that need to be flipped was already done on my end so there is NO need to flip anything just add folders to override. As long as the textures are upside down in the override folder everything is all good.

The confusion came from me adding the read me text saying to flip the textures which is why they look messed up in game. So once again do Not flip textures after you convert them

@Xarwarz, my offer to upload the whole package (once you finish your work on M4-78) as a torrent at Demonoid still stands. Let me know once you have everything ready and the flipping issue is dealt with, and I'll start the uploading process.

No prob sith h im finishing up the planet soon but cant release until i complete the droid reskins. The tank droid sucks its like a shuttle skin lots of parts
 Acleacius
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks Xarwarz for your work on these excellent textures! :cheers:

A question, you seem to have modified the Loading Screens and it's been a long time since I played TSL, but shouldn't there be pictures of the different areas in the loading screens? E.g. if I am on Dantooine shouldn't the Loading Screens have Dantooine pictures during level transitions? Mine don't any more.

Edit:Turns out it was just the Prologue on the Ebon Hawk which was showing no Loading Screen pictures during level transitions, once on Peragus they started showing.

Thanks for any tips. :)
 Xarwarz
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Thanks Xarwarz for your work on these excellent textures! :cheers:

A question, you seem to have modified the Loading Screens and it's been a long time since I played TSL, but shouldn't there be pictures of the different areas in the loading screens? E.g. if I am on Dantooine shouldn't the Loading Screens have Dantooine pictures during level transitions? Mine don't any more.

Edit:Turns out it was just the Prologue on the Ebon Hawk which was showing no Loading Screen pictures during level transitions, once on Peragus they started showing.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Well thanks for tying the mod ill be making minor improvements to it over the year. Any other questions or issues let me know
 Phildevil
02-15-2011, 6:38 PM
In the Telos file, there seems to be some strange files. You should get files with this prefix: "TEL_". There are some that have this prefix instead: "TMP_". Are these files duplicatas that may be erased or files that are part of your intended textures.
 Xarwarz
02-16-2011, 1:19 AM
In the Telos file, there seems to be some strange files. You should get files with this prefix: "TEL_". There are some that have this prefix instead: "TMP_". Are these files duplicatas that may be erased or files that are part of your intended textures.

You can erase those files with no problem
 Revan123
02-23-2011, 1:51 PM
Xarwarz, you made an excellent job with these textures. Just amazing.
And they are bringing that "flair" to the game, which, I think was originally intended -

but, i`ve searched the whole internet ( and your site ) for the gui ( levelup -icon etc. )
and the clothing textures ( like in the Telos-clip ) and cant find anything for download.
Plz heeelllp;)
 Xarwarz
02-25-2011, 4:07 PM
Xarwarz, you made an excellent job with these textures. Just amazing.
And they are bringing that "flair" to the game, which, I think was originally intended -

but, i`ve searched the whole internet ( and your site ) for the gui ( levelup -icon etc. )
and the clothing textures ( like in the Telos-clip ) and cant find anything for download.
Plz heeelllp;)

I haven't released a gui mod...clothes your refering to the cartoon look i havent released that yet didn't know if anyone wanted
 Revan123
03-01-2011, 7:44 AM
I haven't released a gui mod...clothes your refering to the cartoon look i havent released that yet didn't know if anyone wanted

Don't get me wrong, your mod is unbelievable - but it would be a great addition if you make/release a gui ( like in the Telos-vid ) for it ( and maybe retexture armors/weapons )
- I'm ABSOLUTELY sure many players would appreciate that!!
 CCS
06-18-2011, 9:04 AM
Hello!
First of all, thank you for your effort! It was quite a hassle downloading every single file and then converting them all, but it was really worth it! TSL looks like a much newer game now, very nice!

However, transparency doesn't seem to work. Some have already mentioned the logo. But for me, also other textures with transparency are NOT transparent, like tree branches in Telos. Any idea why this is so and what I could do about it? I did everything according to your manual with Xnview (no flipping).
 Xarwarz
06-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Hello!
First of all, thank you for your effort! It was quite a hassle downloading every single file and then converting them all, but it was really worth it! TSL looks like a much newer game now, very nice!

However, transparency doesn't seem to work. Some have already mentioned the logo. But for me, also other textures with transparency are NOT transparent, like tree branches in Telos. Any idea why this is so and what I could do about it? I did everything according to your manual with Xnview (no flipping).

I have had some issues with transparency with this game. i suppose if it the game had post process might solve the issue but ill look into it
 CCS
06-18-2011, 5:40 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Anything I may have done wrong during conversion? Or any in-game settings? Or other mods (I installed quite a few others, but none that use the same files)?
It does seem to work for the others, after all.
 Xarwarz
06-25-2011, 5:17 PM
UPDATED TELOS 6.25.11
 Jasmer
07-08-2011, 4:12 PM
I haven't tried the new version of Telos as I only recently installed the PC version of TSL. I loved the Visual Enhancement textures for the first game and wanted to try them out in TSL. So far I really like them, but I've only gotten as far as Citadel Station and am also noticing transparency problems. A little research told me XnView can have problems with alphas and retaining transparencies, or the picture editing program you're using may not be properly applying transparencies? I don't know, but the burn marks in the Paragus mining tunnels are on big white squares, the asteroids are floating in a white square, and the leaves on the trees on Citadel Station are also attached to big white squares :P

Beautiful textures all in all, though, definitely an improvement. Even with the transparency issues it's still a step up from original, especially when you've played the xbox version to death over the last several years. Thanks for the awesome textures. :)

[Edit] Wound up going through the textures and re-exporting all the ones with any noticeable transparency with GIMP. Works like a charm, but I noticed the grass (on Telos at least) is too long. Looks like the texture map is wrong up and the grass gets chopped off in-game.
 Flashblade
07-09-2011, 3:43 PM
I agree, these are excellent textures that breath new life into TSL. Very well done. However I can confirm that by your described method of conversion using xnview ALL the alpha channels get dropped. It is easy to check this with xnview itself. Your DDS original texture of dantooine tree leaves has an alpha channel. The same converted tga file has a solid white block around the leaves. So unfortunately your method doesn't work and something needs to be done. Making the tgas available is probably the easiest solution to that problem.

[Edit]After fiddling around, I sadly come to the conclusion that this mod is unusable for me. Tried a few other converters but without much luck, something is always of. A shame, I hope you release a complete tga version some time soon. I would really love to use this!
 Xarwarz
07-10-2011, 3:48 PM
In response to both jasmer and flashblade yea im gonna release a tga version right now telos ver 2 is in tga format. Transparencies seems to vary i dont have that issue on my side.
 Jasmer
07-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree, these are excellent textures that breath new life into TSL. Very well done. However I can confirm that by your described method of conversion using xnview ALL the alpha channels get dropped. It is easy to check this with xnview itself. Your DDS original texture of dantooine tree leaves has an alpha channel. The same converted tga file has a solid white block around the leaves. So unfortunately your method doesn't work and something needs to be done. Making the tgas available is probably the easiest solution to that problem.

[Edit]After fiddling around, I sadly come to the conclusion that this mod is unusable for me. Tried a few other converters but without much luck, something is always of. A shame, I hope you release a complete tga version some time soon. I would really love to use this!

I just converted them with GIMP. You can download a DDS plugin, and you'll have to sift through the textures one at a time. I don't know if GIMP has any batch editing capabilities or not, but I went through every single texture from all the packs easily enough. The ones with any obvious transparencies will be, well, obvious with the checkerboard backgrounds. Just save them as .tgas and move them to the override folder. The only batch editor I know of does not work for windows 7, at all, period, regardless of compatibility mode, though. Since you've gone through the trouble of downloading the whole pack maybe I can email you the ones I've converted or something.
 Snard
07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Im having the same problem as a previous member. The textures are all gray for some reason and i cant find any way to fix this. Do you(or anybody else) know how?
 Xarwarz
07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Im having the same problem as a previous member. The textures are all gray for some reason and i cant find any way to fix this. Do you(or anybody else) know how?

My suggestions is to wait until i do a TGA version....right now the NEW telos version is in tga format
 Luminous Being
08-13-2011, 5:05 PM
Xarwarz: Great work, I just did Peragus, and it was a terrific change! i can't wait to see what the other parts of the game look like! Keep up the good work!
 Fafolo
08-15-2011, 7:50 AM
Hi Xarwarz, first of all: congratulation for the great work u did on those textures, they are really amazing!

Second, a couple of questions:
1) Your work on KOTOR 1 is finished right? so if i get those texture they are the final version, no need to check for updates later right?

2) I understood from this thread that the KOTOR 2 texture aren't the final version, right? What are u going to add/change?

cheers
 Xarwarz
08-16-2011, 2:21 PM
Hi Xarwarz, first of all: congratulation for the great work u did on those textures, they are really amazing!

Second, a couple of questions:
1) Your work on KOTOR 1 is finished right? so if i get those texture they are the final version, no need to check for updates later right?

2) I understood from this thread that the KOTOR 2 texture aren't the final version, right? What are u going to add/change?

cheers

Hey

Kotor 1 and tsl are finished however if i happen to brainstorm and come up with a better look for a planet i may change some things. So it varies on what i might change....not every planet will be changed just some i think need improvement like onderon. Check out telos vers 2 vs telos version 1

Thanks for trying it out...
 Fafolo
08-17-2011, 5:21 AM
Hey

Kotor 1 and tsl are finished however if i happen to brainstorm and come up with a better look for a planet i may change some things. So it varies on what i might change....not every planet will be changed just some i think need improvement like onderon. Check out telos vers 2 vs telos version 1

Thanks for trying it out...

Understood, i actually tryed only the K1 textures and they are simply amazing, especially the dantooine enclave ones! I only dislike the korriban spacedock metal walls, for which i kept the original look and the pure-light consoles, but the rest is great!

Do you think u will release a single-pack compilation for k2 soon or later?
 Xarwarz
08-19-2011, 5:18 AM
Understood, i actually tryed only the K1 textures and they are simply amazing, especially the dantooine enclave ones! I only dislike the korriban spacedock metal walls, for which i kept the original look and the pure-light consoles, but the rest is great!

Do you think u will release a single-pack compilation for k2 soon or later?

If you mean release all textures in one single file cant it be to big for some people to download. Not to mention uploading would take long
 RenegadeSniper7
08-21-2011, 10:11 PM
What's the purpose of the .txi files in Telos 2011 Version 2? You can't convert them to TGAs, are they supposed to go into override or do I just ignore them?
 N-5/Prudii
08-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Just put them in the override. They controll things like shine, transparency, etc.
 bemtoto
01-03-2012, 6:43 PM
Just a heads up, the Telos Door Update, when downloaded does not have the proper .rar extension so if you download it make sure to add the . before the rar
 CZSlayerCZ
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Hello,

sorry to bother You. First, I have to say, these are the most gorgeous textures I have ever seen for TSL! I really have to acknowledge this great masterpiece You have made here. But to get to the point. I have a request to make, concerning the download of all of these awesome textures. Could You, please, upload them on some different (any) site? Otherwise, due to the current inaccessibility of Megaupload, I can't get my hands on any of these! This makes me kinda upset and sad, because when I saw the screenshots, I knew I just have to get these... Please, could you take Your time and upload them elsewhere? They are unreachable from anywhere else.
Thank You for Your time and effort.
Best wishes CZSlayerCZ
 Xarwarz
01-28-2012, 3:35 PM
Hello,

sorry to bother You. First, I have to say, these are the most gorgeous textures I have ever seen for TSL! I really have to acknowledge this great masterpiece You have made here. But to get to the point. I have a request to make, concerning the download of all of these awesome textures. Could You, please, upload them on some different (any) site? Otherwise, due to the current inaccessibility of Megaupload, I can't get my hands on any of these! This makes me kinda upset and sad, because when I saw the screenshots, I knew I just have to get these... Please, could you take Your time and upload them elsewhere? They are unreachable from anywhere else.
Thank You for Your time and effort.
Best wishes CZSlayerCZ

Im in the process of making a few changes one of which putting them in TGA format. the other upgrading some planet textures. When complete ill re upload them all
 VarsityPuppet
01-28-2012, 3:49 PM
Might have to check out your mods since my new graphics card is on the way :D!

I can't wait! Things will actually be shiny!
 Xarwarz
01-28-2012, 8:20 PM
Might have to check out your mods since my new graphics card is on the way :D!

I can't wait! Things will actually be shiny!

Kool man i usually spend 200 on a graphics card
 VarsityPuppet
01-29-2012, 2:39 AM
Kool man i usually spend 200 on a graphics card

I'm putting out 60 for this really neat low profile one. I actually have a slim case, so I can't really go all out with the graphics cards. My power supply is only like 200W but it seems like I should be able to use the card with no problems on that end. If all else fails though, I guess I could up my power supply.

Back on topic though, I remember that one of your mods was hosted on MegaUpload....so where is it hosted now that it's gone?
 Phildevil
01-29-2012, 5:26 PM
Moddb, IIRC?
 Xarwarz
01-29-2012, 5:58 PM
Will be on MODDB
 ZimmMaster
02-16-2012, 7:10 PM
Is there some way we could have the creature skins? I know you included them in the 2009 version but I have not seen them since. I've looked at old links for them, but most are for megaupload and it does not work since it was seized by the government.

EDIT: Nevermind, a friend of mine pointed me to an old torrent. I found the mod there.
 Dak Drexl
12-26-2012, 3:20 PM
Any way to get these in .tga format?

Edit: I think I found them on Moddb
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
12-27-2012, 1:06 AM
Got a chance to play this more XarWarz, I am really impressed with some of the new textures. Something that seems really out of place though is the door textures for taris and the endor spire. It looks a lot like plastic and the other more detailed textures make it stand out in that way. I think it's the simplicity that these kind door textures have that make it seem out of place. A suggestion would be to add a lot more detail/or patterns to these doors so that they don't look so plastic-y or possibly give them a more real kind of texture like metals and pattern meshes. Other than that, my experience so far feels pretty different and that is something that makes this mod a permanent spot in my override folder.:eek:
Page: 2 of 2