Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Sith Uniforms (Yes, Astor is making a mod)

Page: 1 of 1
 Astor
09-16-2010, 2:22 PM
For a very long time, i've had a dislike of the Sith Officer uniforms. They're hideous, and they don't look at all officer like. They look more like technical overalls than something a Sith would wear. After reinstalling KOTOR, I got sick enough of them that i've decided to do something about it.

I'm primarily using the uniforms from TOR (below) as a guide, although the design may evolve as I progress.

http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=675&pictureid=7343)

So far, the results look fairly good, even if there is still a lot of work to be done (belts, leather, and a bit more detailing on the cloth, for instance). Though far from complete, the officer above certainly looks a little more imposing.

http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=675&pictureid=7342)

I plan to change all three uniforms (male and female, naturally), although instead of the entire uniform changing colour, the chest piece will change accordingly, as will the rank badge (currently showing a Lieutenant on the test piece). I will also be doing the same for Admiral Karath to bring him into line with the rest of the uniforms.

Progress will be recorded here, although it may be a little sporadic.

C&C is, of course, greatly appreciated. :)
 N-5/Prudii
09-16-2010, 9:41 PM
I like em.
 Dak Drexl
09-16-2010, 9:43 PM
I agree. It's a great job so far; my only suggestion would be to watch out for those pesky fingers lying around everywhere on the skin :p

Make sure you find them to make the gloves all black. Keep it up bro, I'd download it as-is, so I can't wait to see what you've got coming.
 Sith Holocron
09-16-2010, 10:58 PM
I like what I see so far. I hope I'll see this for K2 as well.
 Xarwarz
09-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Has nice clean look
 Astor
09-17-2010, 2:07 AM
I like em.

Thank you.

I agree. It's a great job so far; my only suggestion would be to watch out for those pesky fingers lying around everywhere on the skin :p

Make sure you find them to make the gloves all black. Keep it up bro, I'd download it as-is, so I can't wait to see what you've got coming.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've done any modding/texture editing, and I only realised the fingers were separate after testing it. D'oh. :lol:

As for what's coming, once I've got this one down, the other two male ones should be fairly easy, and hopefully I'll be able to transfer most of the elements to the female skin (which has a different layout) to keep some consistency.

And once those are done, I'm going to go through all of the heads for Officers to change their headgear to match accordingly.

I was toying with the idea of changing Karath's uniform to this model, too, but I've no idea whether that's feasible or not.

I like what I see so far. I hope I'll see this for K2 as well.

That's the plan, at least. As far as I can recall, the skins are identical, so it shouldn't require much to do it for K2.

Has nice clean look

Thanks - that's the ultimate goal, something smart and clean, as befitting a Sith.
 redrob41
09-17-2010, 4:57 PM
that's the ultimate goal, something smart and clean, as befitting a Sith.

Just be careful not to make them too clean, or they'll look more like plastic panels, rather than fabric. I usually add a bit of digital "noise" to help my textures to look realistic. I use about 0.6% to 1% in Photoshop Filters for any standard Kotor or TSL texture (256x256 up to 1024x1024).
Page: 1 of 1