Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The dark secrets of the tools.

Page: 1 of 1
 Anthlacker
08-31-2010, 5:20 AM
Greetings dear Kotor brethren, i came in here looking for your guidance.
See i am somehow acustomed to modding (other games of course) but know nothing on this new beast.

See, i would just like to start my modding adventures by changing some of the enemies characteristics (making most bosses and some normal enemies harder) and altering my the PCs abilities somehow (iґd love to be able to increase the lvl cap) but i do not understand very well how. I found the character progression editor in the 2da folder and some enemy templates (in the template folder) but i still have many doubts about it.

the enemies in the templates folder and their characteristics is the only thing i would need to change to make them harder? And, how is it done for i to alter the lvl cap? Also, in the template folder i see only one Malak (and i reckon there are 2 fights with him) thanks in advance for your assistance :)

If my writing is ackward it is because iґm no english native speaker, sorry for the inconvenience.
 reivzje
08-31-2010, 5:43 AM
1. Welcome to the forums.

2. You should read this tutorial about UTC editing Click here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204108)

3. And in the third you can't change the level cap in the game it is hardcoded in the game i think :)
 Anthlacker
08-31-2010, 9:02 PM
So then, i just change the files and then they are added to the override folder and thatґs it? Another thing, the enemies are found in the templates folder? or is there another place where i need to modify them? Also, shouldnґt there be two Malak templates? thanks a lot :)
 reivzje
09-01-2010, 6:10 AM
Yes exactly the files are located in Template -> Blueprint, Character
 Anthlacker
09-01-2010, 6:42 AM
Alright then, and is Malak supposed to be in only one archive and with 114 hit points only? Also, whatґs the deal with the hitpoint? (max, current etc)
 Anthlacker
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Oh, and also, if i modify the character templates of the party members what is that iґm changing? Their base stats? itґs kinda confusing.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Oh, and also, if i modify the character templates of the party members what is that i´m changing? Their base stats? it´s kinda confusing.

Welcome to the forums Anthlacker :waive1:
Always good to see someone interested in modding :D

If you haven't visited already, I'd like to steer you towards the Holowan Laboratories (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324) section of the forums. We have TONS of tutorials, WIP threads and general modding advice and guidance threads there (feel free to make your own as well)...

Think of it as the modder's "hang out" hehehe...

You might also get some more attention to your questions in there as well :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)

EDIT:
went ahead and moved the thread since it's getting more complex and not so much about KotOR Tool itself ;)
 Anthlacker
09-02-2010, 2:20 PM
Thanks a lot for the help, i had already visited the holowan laboratories but i just saw the tutorials not all the stickies and threads (didn´t know they even existed _-_).

What i can´t find and has me very confused is that i already modded both games but i can´t find the modded files in the Kotor Tool to take as reference and then mod them again :/ this is specially troubling with Bandon, Malak, Nihilus etc etc which i want to alter and in someways buff and i just find a basic template with nothing of the stuff the mods i installed speak about (and yeah, they do work).

Any direction you may guide me through?

EDIT:

now i just learned that to do the modifications and buffs i want to special characters (in both games) i need to look for them in the module rim directory. So here i ask a more focused question, i want to specifically modify these characters: Darth Bandon, 3 sith lords in star forge and Darth Malak for K1 and Nihilus (ravager battle to death), and Darth Sion (all fights, and for the last one i´m making him a truly yazmatian endurance fight), Malak and Revan´s vision for K2.

I know they are many, but i can´t seem to understand where exactly am i supposed to find them. Also, Is there a place where i can find the original stats for the npcs in those fights?

Oh and a last question before i get an answer. After i modify and save them, where do i have to put these files as of to make them work? Override folder?
Page: 1 of 1