Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Radio Drama: Missing scenes

Page: 1 of 1
 K_Kinnison
08-29-2010, 9:19 PM
I remember spending many a hour listening to the Star Wars radio drama. And one of the things I liked is some of the scenes that were never in the movies, and even not in any books

There were a lot in ANH before we pick up in the movie. Even they had the famous Skyhopper race betwean Luke and Fixer in Beggars canyon

other ANH Scenes:

Luke telling the story to C3PO about how he knew Ben Kenobi while they went looking for R2
C3pO and R2 evading Imperial search teams in Mos Eisely
Doing the bartering when Luke and Ben selling the Landspeeder, and Ben using a Jedi Mind trick to get the money needed to pay Han.
More of Luke's training on the M. Falcon
Expanded Torture Scene with Vader and Liea
Scene where the gang is in the hidden compartments and trying to count the Troopers coming in and out. My Favorite line: Chewie, get your toe out of my ear!
Expanded scene with Luke and Liea after they escape the Death Star and before the TIE fighters attack him
Luke getting his certification to fly the X-wings from Biggs at the Rebel Base
Luke and Liea trying to convince Han to stay and fight

For ESB there were not too many

A comical scene with C3PO and R2 and the Labor pool droid as to why everything in Lieas quarters was melting "She said it was cold, so we turned up the heat"
(My Favorite) Luke and Han talking in the survival Shelter.
Luke: Han... what is that awful smell?
Han: *laughs* You
When Luke goes into the Dark cave it is explained better as a quote from Luke in the Scene: "The face of my enemy is my own"

It was done in SotE, but the RotJ Radio drama they had a scene where luke was building a light saber with tools he found in Ben's hut.

I only listened to the RotJ radio drama a few times, but I listened to the ANH radio drama HUNDREDS of times as a kid. Really good in the 80s when we took a long trip to have that thing going

anyone else listened to the Radio Drama's?
 adamqd
08-30-2010, 4:48 AM
Yea I actually just re-listened a few months back :) I always appreciated the Radio Dramas as it was in a way a precursor to the EU/essential guides of today, in that they give you information that an actor may not get across, or the director didn't include in the final cut, yet is still official. The Lost Lightsaber scene will be included in the Blu Ray release of the Saga as you know, But I heard they may be more additions too, lets hope some of the other Radio Drama scenes were shot too.

But yes, I love the Radio Dramas, and Audiobooks in General.
 Jayce76
09-01-2010, 2:01 PM
The Rado Drama's were definitley a fun part of my youth as a wee lad. Great Thread.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-01-2010, 2:15 PM
Gotta love YouTube ;)
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=StarWarsAudioDramas#g/u)

Been listening to these, while I do rendering and compositing, in the background at work. Great way to re-live the story and let your imagination rather than a tv provide the 'visuals' :D
 K_Kinnison
09-04-2010, 8:08 PM
That is why I love the Radio Dramas, the movies make it so visually rich it is easy to fill it with your imagination.

Another favorite is when Rouge Flight is going out to rescue/find Han and luke you hear in background the Speeders being launched, and in the foreground as a whisper Liea is urging them on with strong emotions in her voice.
 Jayce76
09-05-2010, 1:35 PM
That is why I love the Radio Dramas, the movies make it so visually rich it is easy to fill it with your imagination.

Another favorite is when Rouge Flight is going out to rescue/find Han and luke you hear in background the Speeders being launched, and in the foreground as a whisper Liea is urging them on with strong emotions in her voice.

Although , I love how the movie does it , and think that that's right for the film version. When I was a wee lad and heard it for the first time , I loved the original radio drama of how luke first encounter's the Rebels while fixing a moisture vaporator with his little malfuctioning droid companion.
 K_Kinnison
10-09-2010, 11:57 PM
ah yes, Poor stupid Tredwel. it is nice you get to see It (and hear it) in ESB crawling around on top of the M. Falcon as chewie works on it in his opening scene. Wonder if it was the same one that Luke used?
Page: 1 of 1