Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Resurrecting 3CFD

Page: 1 of 1
 e-varmint
08-21-2010, 8:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I can reactivate 3CFD and have it follow T3 around Peragus for a while. I'm going to spare the player the trauma of the hapless droid getting blown up by having it go off on some quest or another which will result in it escaping on the Harbinger

or

on a smugglers' shuttle which is concealed on the asteroid surface.

or

It shows up on Telos and tells the player that the TSF found it adrift in space during their investigation.

If it escapes on the Harbinger, it will show up on Korriban and follows the player around for a while. It also shares some juicy tidbits about Scion!

If it escapes on the shuttle, it shows up on the Korriban Cliffs balcony, where the smugglers stranded it in their hasty attempt to escape the creatures in the tomb. This is still at least a month away.

I'm going to release my Peragus/Telos enhancement mod within the next week, so I can go ahead with the Telos scenario if there is not an overwhelming clamor for either of the Korriban options.

Sooooooooooo

Let me know what you think.
 Rtas Vadum
08-21-2010, 8:51 PM
Not a bad idea. Though I'd have it that if you repair him during the prologue, he still shows up in the Dock Storage area, where you would be able to repair him again(because he woud've been damaged by HK-50, like T3, and you could do it either as T3, or as the Exile when he/she gets into the dock area). Though if you don't repair him at all then, the TSF could find him, or of course you would find him on Korriban.

As to him coming with you on the Hawk, no matter where you'd find him, maybe he could serve some fuction(Medical - though not in the Medical area itself[between Mical, and the restored Lab station, it gets a bit crowded], etc). Though not exactly a party member, similar to the Remote(though not a puppet to anyone).

This might be a bit much for what you're planing, however.
 e-varmint
08-21-2010, 9:21 PM
I had initially considered the Ebon Hawk, but I'm afraid that anything I do will break another mod.

I dug around and found my old "follow" script, so C3FD is definitely going to happen in one context or another. I can certainly give C3FD some utility functionality wherever it turns up! I hadn't really thought about that.

*snork* I also found my old "Spawn Vandar" spell, and the one that turns hostiles into gizkas! I think I'll modify the first one to spawn a small cloud of angry remotes around a target.
 Christos K
08-23-2010, 9:14 PM
I like the idea of this mod. Maybe C3FD could eventually become HK-47's puppet and follow him around which would help for when he goes to the Droid Factory then again thats assuming this will work with another mod.
 jedi7000nathan
08-23-2010, 9:51 PM
or he could serve as a GOTO replacment
 Sith Holocron
08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
If this gets implemented, I'd rather 3C-FD be implemented as a puppet character than lose any character.
 MishraArtificer
08-24-2010, 1:10 AM
If this gets implemented, I'd rather 3C-FD be implemented as a puppet character than lose any character.That may be the only way, as I don't think you can replace any of the party members without breaking the game...unless you had it replace Hanharr or Mira, but then you'd have to find a way to get it to replace one or the other, depending on your alignment on Nar Shadda.

Or do they occupy the same space on the Party Selection Screen? I can't check this, as I can't get KOTOR 2 to work on my desktop anymore.
 Rtas Vadum
08-24-2010, 1:27 AM
That may be the only way, as I don't think you can replace any of the party members without breaking the game...unless you had it replace Hanharr or Mira, but then you'd have to find a way to get it to replace one or the other, depending on your alignment on Nar Shadda.

Or do they occupy the same space on the Party Selection Screen? I can't check this, as I can't get KOTOR 2 to work on my desktop anymore.

Yep, they do. The Disciple and Handmaiden do the same thing.
 e-varmint
08-24-2010, 8:49 AM
On Peragus, C3 will be a party member and occupy slot No. 7 (Mira), but only for T3's mandatory run as PC. Beyond that, I think he's going to be either a temporary puppet or a character that the player can interact with.

If Nar Shaddaa wasn't so "sensitive", I would plug him in as a party member again in Vogga's warehouse. Unfortunately, I have found that the entire sequence of events from the meeting with Visquis through the boarding of Goto's yacht misfires badly if I mess around with the characters.
 Dak Drexl
08-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I think a permanent T3 puppet wouldn't be a bad idea. It would definitely make T3 a bit more interesting in my opinion.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
On Peragus, C3 will be a party member and occupy slot No. 7 (Mira), but only for T3's mandatory run as PC. Beyond that, I think he's going to be either a temporary puppet or a character that the player can interact with.Sounds interesting, and sane...If Nar Shaddaa wasn't so "sensitive", I would plug him in as a party member again in Vogga's warehouse. Unfortunately, I have found that the entire sequence of events from the meeting with Visquis through the boarding of Goto's yacht misfires badly if I mess around with the characters.
...yeah. Nar Shaddaa can only be played with in a few places without considerable headache in my experience.

Your spawn Vandar script made me think hologram. 3CFD has an unlockable holo of Vandar spewing some nonsense, might be fun to play with :)
 e-varmint
08-25-2010, 3:56 PM
I think a permanent T3 puppet wouldn't be a bad idea. It would definitely make T3 a bit more interesting in my opinion.

It sure would. I might even take T3 off the ship once or twice.

Sounds interesting, and sane...
...yeah. Nar Shaddaa can only be played with in a few places without considerable headache in my experience.

Your spawn Vandar script made me think hologram. 3CFD has an unlockable holo of Vandar spewing some nonsense, might be fun to play with :)

I didn't know about the hologram! I'll definitely check that out!

At the moment, C3 is running the developers' module-testing dialog. Pretty interesting, but not very useful for gameplay.
 Sith Holocron
08-25-2010, 5:07 PM
I didn't know about the hologram! I'll definitely check that out!

Perhaps that hologram could be unlocked after the Exile sees his/her trial hologram from T3-M4. Alternatively, it could unlock after the Exile first visits Dantooine.
 VarsityPuppet
08-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I second (or third or fourth or fifth) the T3 puppet motion. It would be cool if 'someone' made a script that equipped the same weapons/items that T3 had equipped at the moment. It would be a really nice touch.
 e-varmint
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Perhaps that hologram could be unlocked after the Exile sees his/her trial hologram from T3-M4. Alternatively, it could unlock after the Exile first visits Dantooine.

I think I like Dantooine, since I am scared to do anything on the Ebon Hawk.

I second (or third or fourth or fifth) the T3 puppet motion. It would be cool if 'someone' made a script that equipped the same weapons/items that T3 had equipped at the moment. It would be a really nice touch.

I'm not sure I'm good enough script that. I may have stumbled on a puppet shortcut, though. I'll have to play around with it and see how well it works.

I made a cool "spawn death-bringer-sensor-ball" spell. It changes the target to Friendly_1 for 15 seconds so you can run away and spawns three remotes with different utility weapons. I gave them all the floating mine on-death script, so they blow up and cause 50hp damage when they get killed. It's great for using when you are up against a large group of hardcore-mod-enhanced enemies that are about to slice you up into little meaty bits.

Edit: We now know an exploding gizka/tach/jawa/ronto spell is possible, since that script should work on any type of creature.

*sigh* If only someone would make a jar-jar or ewok npc, I could make the ultimate rofl spell..........
 maltron66
07-05-2013, 6:26 AM
I've made a mod that turns 3C-FD into a puppet for T3-M4.
Although I'm not posting it, needs work with the dialogue.
Anyway, does anyone know of any mods that implement 3C in your party?
 Fair Strides 2
07-05-2013, 8:17 PM
I think I like Dantooine, since I am scared to do anything on the Ebon Hawk.

I'm not sure I'm good enough script that. I may have stumbled on a puppet shortcut, though. I'll have to play around with it and see how well it works.

I made a cool "spawn death-bringer-sensor-ball" spell. It changes the target to Friendly_1 for 15 seconds so you can run away and spawns three remotes with different utility weapons. I gave them all the floating mine on-death script, so they blow up and cause 50hp damage when they get killed. It's great for using when you are up against a large group of hardcore-mod-enhanced enemies that are about to slice you up into little meaty bits.

Edit: We now know an exploding gizka/tach/jawa/ronto spell is possible, since that script should work on any type of creature.

*sigh* If only someone would make a jar-jar or ewok npc, I could make the ultimate rofl spell..........

I could make the equipment script for you...

And why does nobody like Jar-Jar Binks anymore?

And where is the Wookie on Kasshyykk defense?
Page: 1 of 1