Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cameo - Republic Commandos to appear in Clone Wars Season 3

Page: 1 of 2
 Alexrd
08-13-2010, 3:47 AM
I'm not a Republic Commando fan, but I just thought some of you guys would like to know that they are going to appear on the 3rd season of The Clone Wars TV series. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqP-nkkAbY8)
 Astor
08-13-2010, 4:04 AM
That is awesome.

Thanks for sharing. :thmbup1:
 Sabretooth
08-13-2010, 7:00 AM
As boring as TCW is, it's nice to know that they remember Republic Commandos existed.
 Alexrd
08-13-2010, 7:39 AM
The series in general is not boring at all. I've been following it from the start, and is interesting to see how the animation has improved since the movie. Also interesting is how it helps keeping the Star Wars franchise alive.

According to IGN's report, that scene is from the latest episodes they made for season 3 and decided to bring it to CV.
 Rinku
08-13-2010, 1:55 PM
That's was pretty cool. It nice to see that LA has not forgotten that they created RCs (IMO, one of the projects that had potential to be really big that was abandoned)

I have enjoyed this series so far, even though I have not been able to see season two yet. I personally think it is one of the better "kids" shows out there.

Do you think that they will just have cameo appearances or will they become supporting characters?
 HockeyGoalie35
08-13-2010, 3:33 PM
Why must TCW destroy another game?! WHY?!
 Astor
08-13-2010, 3:34 PM

How exactly, is it destroying the game?
 Rinku
08-13-2010, 3:39 PM
As Astor said how is it destroying RC? We have no idea what that episode will be like.
 Ulmont
08-13-2010, 3:42 PM
Terrible plot, horrible ascetics, over-patronization, Jedi, yeah, I'd call that ruining RC. I'll bet they totally change Delta's personality.
 Astor
08-13-2010, 3:47 PM
Terrible plot, horrible ascetics, over-patronization, Jedi, yeah, I'd call that ruining RC.

None of that is ruining Republic Commando, though.

And I hardly see how fifty-five seconds of video equals a terrible plot.
 Trench
08-13-2010, 4:19 PM
None of that is ruining Republic Commando, though.

And I hardly see how fifty-five seconds of video equals a terrible plot.

The rest of the series. :indif:
 HockeyGoalie35
08-13-2010, 5:30 PM
look what they did to the death watch. lightsabers? i mean come on!

THIS is the real death watch:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Deathwatch1.jpg)
 Alexrd
08-13-2010, 6:06 PM
Terrible plot, horrible ascetics, over-patronization, Jedi, yeah, I'd call that ruining RC. I'll bet they totally change Delta's personality.

Where did you get the crystal ball? I must buy one...

The rest of the series. :indif:

Care to explain?

look what they did to the death watch. lightsabers? i mean come on!

What? It's just the Death Watch leader that has a lightsaber, and he explains how he got it. It's not like that can't happen... :rolleyes:
 HockeyGoalie35
08-13-2010, 6:32 PM
its not somthing a real deathwatch would do.... and wheres Fixer?
 Alexrd
08-13-2010, 6:37 PM
its not somthing a real deathwatch would do....

What? Steal a lightsaber?

and wheres Fixer?

All four clones from Delta Squad are there.
 HockeyGoalie35
08-13-2010, 8:05 PM
and use it.....
 Alexrd
08-13-2010, 8:20 PM
and use it.....

Why would a real Death Watch not use it? And it seems that case was the exception, not the rule.
 Johnny Snake
08-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Man, was about time! i hope they make an episode only with the republic commando team!
 Commander Dimal
08-14-2010, 2:31 PM
Man, was about time! i hope they make an episode only with the republic commando team!

I doubt they'll do that. They can't go one episode without including a Jedi somewhere.
 Alexrd
08-14-2010, 3:10 PM
They just said to not have high hopes for RC. They will only play a small part in the series. That's why they say "cameo".
 Commander Dimal
08-14-2010, 4:37 PM
If they don't even play an important role then what's the point of suddenly out of the blue using some nearly forgotten characters?
 HockeyGoalie35
08-14-2010, 4:54 PM
^the man speaks the truth
 Alexrd
08-14-2010, 4:58 PM
If they don't even play an important role then what's the point of suddenly out of the blue using some nearly forgotten characters?

What? Didn't the RC exist during the Clone Wars? Then why not making a cameo? Also, they are not nearly forgotten characters, since many fans kept asking if the RC would eventually appear on TCW. And the cameo is reffering to season 3. Eventually they may use them on future seasons.
 Astor
08-14-2010, 5:00 PM

We don't yet know whether their role in this particular episode is important or not, so it's a little unfair to make that criticism.

And including them shows that they aren't forgotten, and that the show's producers at least are fans of RC.
 Alexrd
08-14-2010, 5:02 PM
We don't yet know whether their role in this particular episode is important or not, so it's a little unfair to make that criticism.

And including them shows that they aren't forgotten, and that the show's producers at least are fans of RC.

Exactly.

And I thought this news would get people excited around here on rc.net...
 Rinku
08-14-2010, 5:57 PM

Exactly.
QFT...I am surprised with amount of people who suffer from being in "the prison of consistency."

And I thought this news would get people excited around here on rc.net...
I was expecting the same thing...I'm excited and seeing as the animation of the series has improved through time (imo) I really want to see the models for Delta squad. This is mainly because I have liked the models for the clone troopers.
 Johnny Snake
08-14-2010, 10:07 PM
well, at least we have the books to see they. (or better, imagining they)
 LordOfTheFish
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
This is good new. Republic Commandos play such a hidden role (by being spec ops they naturally would) in the clone wars that it seems most people have forgotten about them, due to the ancient release date of the game.

Question though. Why are you guys not excited?
 Trench
08-16-2010, 4:48 AM
Care to explain?

We believe Grievous is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino

***If it's Grievous, then adding the separatist part makes it a bit redundant, eh?***

Numerous ways where the Clone Troopers handle their blasters in a careless manner that any soldier would be made to run laps for.

The dialogue is disappoint.

The plot is disappoint.

Making the Mandos pacifists is disappoint.

Ahsoka and Anakin's attitudes are disappoint.

Most of Lucas' work after the OT is disappoint.

TCW is no different, and I find that to be a great disappoint.

:carms:
 Alexrd
08-16-2010, 6:42 AM
Numerous ways where the Clone Troopers handle their blasters in a careless manner that any soldier would be made to run laps for.

I think we see that in AotC. But I don't find that in TCW...

The dialogue is disappoint.

Dialogue was never a strong point in Star Wars. Ever since the OT.

The plot is disappoint.

The plot is the same from the micro-series. It's the Clone Wars.

Making the Mandos pacifists is disappoint.

In the very episode, it is said that the pacifist way was very recent, and it was chose by the people who had nothing to gain with the various clan wars. Also, the Death Watch in the episodes critisize the whole pacifist ideal.

Ahsoka and Anakin's attitudes are disappoint.

I have to agree. However, the series is not always around those two, and they have improved their behaviour as the series goes on. Nothing comparable to the movie.

Most of Lucas' work after the OT is disappoint.

TCW is no different, and I find that to be a great disappoint.

:carms:

Well, if someone goes watching the series (or anything) with that in mind, I'm not surprised.

EDIT: For the Grievous/separatist commentary, no need to nitpick. Someone can do the same about the movies. But if it's in the movies there's no problem, right? :rolleyes:
 Trench
08-16-2010, 6:58 AM
EDIT: For the Grievous/separatist commentary, no need to nitpick. Someone can do the same about the movies. But if it's in the movies there's no problem, right? :rolleyes:

I would, but I'm not here to nitpick about the movies. If there was a thread for it, I would. But I'm here to voice my distaste for the way this series has devoured established canon and spewed it up in a steaming heap.

I don't like it when well-written storyline is overwritten by swill such as TCW.
 Alexrd
08-16-2010, 7:50 AM
But I'm here to voice my distaste for the way this series has devoured established canon and spewed it up in a steaming heap.

I don't like it when well-written storyline is overwritten by swill such as TCW.

But how has it "devoured established canon and spewed it up in a steaming heap"? I've already explained they made it so that it explain how that change happens but you seem to ignore. If it was for the Ryloth cycle or Mandalore surface, I would understand (although it's not a problem to me). And I laughed at that "well-written storyline".

But let's move along...
 Commander Dimal
08-16-2010, 12:53 PM
The people on the Brothers All forums are probably having a field day with this.
 HockeyGoalie35
08-17-2010, 4:09 PM
^agreed
 TKA-001
08-17-2010, 4:59 PM
Melodrama, much? Nothing this show will do with Delta Squad can possibly be as sickening as what Traviss did in her books.
 Alexrd
08-17-2010, 5:15 PM
Melodrama, much? Nothing this show will do with Delta Squad can possibly be as sickening as what Traviss did in her books.

You mean the stuff where the Jedi are to blame for every evil in the GFFA?
 Commander Dimal
08-17-2010, 6:57 PM
Well KOTOR: The Sith Lords has shown us that the Jedi really are to blame for a lot of evil that's happened.
 Astor
08-18-2010, 5:42 AM
Well KOTOR: The Sith Lords has shown us that the Jedi really are to blame for a lot of evil that's happened.

I'm not sure how something that happened 4,000 years before this happens equates to all Jedi past and present being responsible 'a lot of evil that's happened'.

But, considering this is likely an echo of Traviss' blatant hatred of Jedi (even going so far as to make her own Jedi weak, self-loathing creatures) dressed up as fact in her work, then I can forgive you for thinking that. Sure, the Jedi aren't without faults, but it's laughable, sickening and just plain wrong to turn them into demonic slavers and kidnappers, and to reinforce that viewpoint at every turn in her books, without even offering a counterpoint to that view.
 RC-3556
08-18-2010, 3:14 PM
@TKA-001

Karen Traviss did amazing RC books, some of the best books ive ever read, in fact, the game had a weaker plot than her books.

On another note I hope TCW dont mess this up like they did with Mandalore.

And what about Jusik or Etain huh? They were great jedi, and Traviss portrayed that. The Jedi Order then was a lot less agreeable for Jedi like Jusik and Etain than the New Jedi Order set up by Luke.
 Commander Dimal
08-18-2010, 5:23 PM
Look at it this way, in TCW they focus all the attention on the Jedi, but in the RC books they focus all the attention on the Mandalorains.
 RC-3556
08-19-2010, 5:09 AM
True, thats why I love TCW episodes like Rookies, because clones are awesome, daring and brave
 Commander Dimal
08-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I've looked on the Brothers All forums and I've found that they're taking this a lot better than you guys are, they're actually hoping for it.
 HockeyGoalie35
08-19-2010, 2:33 PM
hey you're in this with us remember? :xp:
 Hooper
08-19-2010, 4:51 PM
^haha :P
 Commander Dimal
08-19-2010, 8:43 PM
I've seen the Season III trailers on Youtube and I can see that they have vastly improved TCW since Season I.
 Alexrd
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
This (http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001074.html) is the last 3min long trailer that came out.
 TKA-001
08-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Karen Traviss did amazing RC books, some of the best books ive ever read, in fact, the game had a weaker plot than her books.
I dare say that your standards for writing quality are sorely in need of development. And while the video game's story wasn't exactly deep or complex, it was still better than hers, consisting of a standard, basic story for an FPS, with all four of the main characters perfectly interesting and likable without all her shoehorned Mandalorian culture and rape of previously established canon.

And what about Jusik or Etain huh? They were great jedi, and Traviss portrayed that. The Jedi Order then was a lot less agreeable for Jedi like Jusik and Etain than the New Jedi Order set up by Luke.
Etain and Jusik are portrayed as "great Jedi" by Traviss because she has both of them reject the Jedi ways in favor of "superior" Mandalorian training, methods, and "morals". Meanwhile, virtually every single other Jedi in the canon gets smugly lectured at or about on how amoral and hypocritical every single one of them are in contrast to the Mandalorians. And don't even get me started on the idiocy regarding Etain's fate in the Order 66 novel.

Also, unless you're fortunate enough to have not read her books in the Legacy of the Force series, then you should already know that Traviss and her Mandalorian mouthpiece characters despise the New Jedi Order as much as the old, for the same ludicrous manufactured reasons.
 Commander Dimal
08-20-2010, 1:26 PM
In Star Wars I like to look at things from the point of view of both sides instead of just one.
 HockeyGoalie35
08-20-2010, 3:42 PM
i think the darth maul looking guy is corny though....why re-use the concept?
 Commander Dimal
08-20-2010, 4:54 PM
^Why else? They're LA, they do things like that to make money.
Page: 1 of 2