Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xwing Vs TieFighter (objects dissapeard)

Page: 1 of 1
 1deadclone
08-10-2010, 4:03 PM
Hi
After installing the 3dFx upgrade patch, everything seems to have improved,1 problem still, no lasers and no objects can be seen outside of the cockpit (other craft etc, and also nothing on the radar except a tiny yelow square)??

Im running Win 7(32) and an ATI HD 4670 card

I have sorted every other vintage Star Wars game out via patches etc,this has me completely smacked. I mean...its just giving me the damn finger!:confused:

Any help will be gaciously appreciated:thmbup1:
 Wildstar
08-10-2010, 6:56 PM
A possible solution (and one that doesn't require using the "XWA Hacker") was posted in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199773)...it) suggested d/l'ing ddraw.dll (the DirectDraw support file from earlier versions of DirectX) and placing it in the same folder as the game's executable. The above-linked thread linked the d/l location.
 1deadclone
08-11-2010, 1:57 AM
A possible solution (and one that doesn't require using the "XWA Hacker") was posted in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199773)...it) suggested d/l'ing ddraw.dll (the DirectDraw support file from earlier versions of DirectX) and placing it in the same folder as the game's executable. The above-linked thread linked the d/l location.

Thanks for the reply. I was messing around with it for hours and ended up fixing it. I turned down the star fields in the in game config and its perfect now. All 3D objects are visible. I used your solution to fix Tie95. It fixed the black squares I was getting. Just placed the ddral file in my tie95 directory. The xhacker I used in xwa.
I tried it with xwing vs tie but it didn't work,(ddraw file). TURN DOWN THE STAR FIELDS. ATI users.
Strange, the games pushing 20 years and were shutting star fields etc down so we can play. If they came out with a new version it probably wouldn't be as popular. Lucasarts should release a modern patch which facilitates modern systems.
Page: 1 of 1