Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with 'stinger' music

Page: 1 of 1
 Kainzorus Prime
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
So, I'm trying to replace the stinger music for Taris sewers, having replaced the battle and explore ones into more Imperial ones, for later use on the Leviathan.

I've got the music I wanted for stinger, made it into mp3 with 41000 Hz 320kbps, joint stereo parameters, put it in streamsounds folder and deleted the old stinger that was there. Problem is, at the end of combat, the thing doesn't play. Combat music ends and there's silence instead of stinger connecting into explore music.

What obvious error have I made with this?
 VarsityPuppet
08-01-2010, 2:45 PM
You didn't happen to rename it back to: filename.wav did you? In my experience, that never works :/.

If you didn't do that though... then I'm stumped :/
 Kainzorus Prime
08-01-2010, 3:20 PM
Nope, it's in mp3. Every other explore/battle music I've replaced is in mp3 too, with same settings as above. Only that one stinger persistantly doesn't want to work.
 dmmm123
01-28-2013, 6:52 AM
May I ask how did you replace the music in the StreamMusic folder for Kotor 1?
I've followed the tutorial on how to add custom music to the game, and I've only been able to add 1 song because of the line limit in ambientmusic.2da, and since replacing the existing songs doesn't work the same way, I don't know what to do.
 The Cow King
01-28-2013, 8:57 AM
May I ask how did you replace the music in the StreamMusic folder for Kotor 1?
I've followed the tutorial on how to add custom music to the game, and I've only been able to add 1 song because of the line limit in ambientmusic.2da, and since replacing the existing songs doesn't work the same way, I don't know what to do.

There is no limit in ambientmusic.2da, you can add as many entries as you like (this goes for all .2da, there might be SOME theoretical limit, but it's probably some crazy high number that no-one ever runs into).

Click anywhere in the red area in the picture below to create a new row in the .2da, then just type in the new values for every column.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5n88b4.jpg)
 dmmm123
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
There is no limit in ambientmusic.2da, you can add as many entries as you like (this goes for all .2da, there might be SOME theoretical limit, but it's probably some crazy high number that no-one ever runs into).

Click anywhere in the red area in the picture below to create a new row in the .2da, then just type in the new values for every column.

http://i47.tinypic.com/5n88b4.jpg)

I managed to create row 49 when I initially saw the tutorial, but every new row (50 and onwards) just disappears from the list when I save the file, and then reopen it to see if the changes stuck.
 The Cow King
01-29-2013, 9:04 PM
I managed to create row 49 when I initially saw the tutorial, but every new row (50 and onwards) just disappears from the list when I save the file, and then reopen it to see if the changes stuck.

That's odd, I can't reproduce this with Kotor 1 ambientmusic.2da. Kotor Tool even automatically fills in the blanks with **** if you don't manually type them, and adds the new row number if you leave it blank.

If you really can't get it to work, just post the values for all the fields you need and I'll upload the edited ambientmusic.2da for you. If you're using Windows 7 and have installed KT in program files, maybe it's caused by that? I really don't know.
 dmmm123
01-30-2013, 8:04 AM
I'll try to reinstall it to just C: or D: or something like that, since I did install it to C:\Program Files. If that doesn't work, I'll post the values for the ambientmusic.2da.

EDIT:
I think reinstalling had no effect, but I managed to solve my problem. I had to enter EVERY field manually, not just the (Row Label), (Description), and (Source). Apparently, it doesn't save if I don't enter "****" into the "stinger1", "stinger2", and "stinger3" fields. It seems Kotor Tool, for some reason, doesn't automatically enter the **** into the empty fields. Oh well.

Thanks a lot for the help though. :D
 dmmm123
01-31-2013, 8:28 AM
Sorry if I'm nagging, but now I have a different problem. I entered a few songs into the list in ambientmusic.2da, I copied and renamed the tracks to the streammusic folder, I extracted each and every one of the .GIT files for the levels and changed the values for the MusicNight tracks, and since the MusicDelay was bugging me a bit, a set it to 0 in every .git file. Now when I'm ingame, for every level except the Taris South apartments, the MusicNight track for the area ALWAYS PLAYS FIRST, and it repeats at least 5-6 times before it switches to the MusicDay track for the area. In the South Apartments though, it only plays the MusicNight track once, then stops. After about 30 minutes, it starts playing the MusicDay track, ONLY ONCE and then stops. Same for switching back to the MusicNight track.

My question is, is there some kind of way to control how many times the tracks repeat before switching to the alternate track for the area? Some kind of code maybe? Or something?
Page: 1 of 1