Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K2 Sonic Pistol Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 e-varmint
07-25-2010, 5:16 AM
***Replaced w/V1.1 to correct an invisible texture issue***
The Dashade Sonic models were partially transparent. The part of the Dashade Sonic Blaster that appears white in the screenshot below is actually gold in the game:

This mod replaces all six of the sonic pistols that come with the game with new models.

Screenshots:
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/Sonic_Pack01.jpg)
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/sonic6.jpg)
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/Sonic_Pack02.jpg)
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/File_List.jpg)

ReadMe File:
================================================== ======
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: (THE SITH LORDS)

Author: eVermin (FileFront) AKA e-varmint (Lucas Forums)
Name K2_Sonic_Pistols
Filename: k2_Sonic_Pistols_V1-1.zip
File Size: 1709 kb
Date Released: 07-25-2010

1. Description:
Replaces the following models that come with the game:

Sonic Pistol
Systech Aural Blaster
Arkanian Sonic Blaster
Heavy Sonic Blaster
Dashade Sonic Blaster
Dashade Sonic Disruptor

2. Installation: The .zip file contains the following folders.

Override
Place the contents of the Override Folder in the zip file in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override directory.

UTI – For users who have some modding experience
Do not put these files in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override directory
unless you modify them yourself. These are the .uti files for the six sonic pistols. You can use these to create your own pistols with custom properties. If you do not already have an
Override directory, just copy the .zip/Override folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2.

ScreenShots
Do not put these files in the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override directory.
File_List.jpg shows a list of files that are included in the Override folder.

Some or all of the textures included in this mod are also used in my other item mods.
Do not be alarmed if you get an "overwrite" prompt for these textures while copying the files into your override.
Select "yes to all", and continue on.

3. Un-Uninstallation:
Delete the files shown in File_List.jpg from your C\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override directory.

4. Usage:
Automatically replaces the six sonic pistol models. Use KSE to get any custom uti files that you create.

5. Bugs/Compatibility:
Not compatible with other mods that replace any/all of the files in the .zip/Override folder

6. General Notes:
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author.
Thanks to PastramiX (Lucas Forums) for valuable design input.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR
LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT
YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

V1.1 Download:
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/k2_Sonic_Pistols_V1-1.zip)
 GeorgNihilus
07-25-2010, 1:36 PM
Awesome!! :golfclap: impressive ... very impressive, apparently between you and Inyri Forge we're gonna replace every godda... weapon in the game :emodanc: ... NOW I'm beginning to realise which sonic pistol I DO have in my hands ...

I'm liking specially the 1є, 3є and 5є models here. Thanks for the hard work! :thmbup1:

PD: oh and I'm waiting for a reduced vibrocutter, if possible :smoke2: ...
 Dark_lord_Cheez
07-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Personally, I don't think the "heavy sonic pistol" looks quite 'heavy' enough. ;) But fantastic job, nonetheless. :) I agree with GeorgNihilus, I can't wait until every weapon in the game can be replaced with individual models. ^_^
 e-varmint
07-26-2010, 3:30 PM
I may revisit the Heavy model if/when FileFront ever comes back online. The existing model may make a good specialty (ie NPC-specific) pistol.

The vibrocutter is in the works. I have kinks in the new double-blade version to work out.

***Replaced w/V1.1 to correct an invisible texture issue***
The Dashade Sonic models were partially transparent. See the OP for the replacement download.
 redrob41
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
well done, nicely executed, & finely crafted :golfclap:. They are all certainly more inventive and interesting than the original sonic pistols.

The only thing bugging me is how my brain wants to make some of them look like a mundane kitchen appliance or hair dryer :xp: (stop it Brain!)
 e-varmint
07-27-2010, 4:22 PM
Back during the Mandalorian "unpleasantness", most of the Republic's senior weapons designers were at a convention on one of the rim planets when several nukes were....accidentally......deployed by a clumsy maintenance worker. The resulting series of flawlessly timed blasts left the Republic in a dire situation. Fortunately, there had been a recent glut of home appliance engineers, and these individuals were conscripted to aid the major manufacturers in their quest to crank out hand-weaponry.
 GeorgNihilus
08-05-2010, 7:34 PM
Back during the Mandalorian "unpleasantness", most of the Republic's senior weapons designers were at a convention on one of the rim planets when several nukes were....accidentally......deployed by a clumsy maintenance worker. The resulting series of flawlessly timed blasts left the Republic in a dire situation. Fortunately, there had been a recent glut of home appliance engineers, and these individuals were conscripted to aid the major manufacturers in their quest to crank out hand-weaponry.
So dude, by all this you mean all these designs are Republic's? :raise:
 e-varmint
08-06-2010, 6:07 AM
As part of the Master Services Agreement between the Republic and the major weapons manufacturers, certain key design positions were occupied by military personnel to ensure that the products included in in the Critical Munitions and Ordnance Procurement Act met certain minimum standards.
 GeorgNihilus
10-27-2010, 7:09 PM
As part of the Master Services Agreement between the Republic and the major weapons manufacturers, certain key design positions were occupied by military personnel to ensure that the products included in in the Critical Munitions and Ordnance Procurement Act met certain minimum standards.
"Critical Munitions and Ordnance Procurement Act?" you have EVERYTHING figured out don't ya? :lol: or u just think about it after we ask? ;)

keep up the awesome work :thmbup1:
 e-varmint
10-29-2010, 6:28 PM
Thanks!!! Sorry that I've been absent lately, I got sucked into the DAO vortex. I have a couple of improvement ideas for these that I'll try to work on later this year.
 vejn
01-13-2012, 8:24 AM
Links dead.
Page: 1 of 1