Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Adding new charecters to an existing module

Page: 1 of 1
 Darthchicken
07-21-2010, 11:24 AM
How would i go about this? I need to add new characters to dantooine and to the ebon hawk. Oh and if possible without replacing existing characters!!
 Marius Fett
07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Extract all the files for the area. Make whatever edits and changes you need. (You'll need to add the new NPC's into the .git file and make utc's for them) and then pack all the files in a .mod file with the same name as the original module.

So if you edited the Jedi Enclave, you'd call it danm13.mod etc. You get the idea. :D
 Darthchicken
07-21-2010, 1:21 PM
Extract all the files for the area. Make whatever edits and changes you need. (You'll need to add the new NPC's into the .git file and make utc's for them) and then pack all the files in a .mod file with the same name as the original module.

So if you edited the Jedi Enclave, you'd call it danm13.mod etc. You get the idea. :D

How would i go about adding that character to the module?
 Marius Fett
07-21-2010, 1:37 PM
You can find your answer in this tutorial:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185199)
 TimBob12
07-21-2010, 2:33 PM
You could also use scripts which is considerably easier. I can't remember the thread off the top of my head but have a search.
 Canderis
07-21-2010, 2:43 PM
Scripts can cause unneeded bugs though.
 Darthchicken
07-21-2010, 4:12 PM
You can find your answer in this tutorial:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185199)

I've read that tutorial (and it was incredibly helpful in making the mod that I'm working on.) The issue is that the area of the ebon hawk I'm adding the character too has no creatures that i can replace. How would i make a struct that can be used out of nothing?And if you going to tell me to replace an existing character in a different area of the ship i don't want to replace a key character. I will replace those damn gizka though...took me hours to figure out how to get rid of those things...
 Laochra
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
you don't need to replace any creatures, just add new ones
 Darthchicken
07-22-2010, 7:36 PM
How?
 Canderis
07-22-2010, 9:13 PM
You copy a struct of an existing creature and paste it. Edit it as you wish.
 Marius Fett
07-23-2010, 6:08 PM
The issue is that the area of the ebon hawk I'm adding the character too has no creatures that i can replace

You copy a struct of an existing creature and paste it. Edit it as you wish.

Canderis, reading Darthchicken's post would really have been helpful. As he said, there are no creatures in that area, so there's nothing for him to copy.

Darthchicken, what you need to do is basically open another .git file from an area that does have npc's in it, then basically copy what you see there into the area you're trying to edit.
 jerry.boy
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I see that someone here knows an answer for my question. You guys said that there is some possibillity to add new creatures only by "coping and pasting". But how?
For exemple (The first challenge on Taris) when i meet sith man with his droids. How can I "copy and paste" that droids to fight with more enemies?:indif:
 Fastmaniac
01-09-2011, 3:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I don't feel comfortable screwing with the modules, when it is not really necessary. It is a little more complicated with editing the whole module just to add characters (at least for me it is). I'm using scripts to spawn the characters and inserting that script in a dialogue that automatically triggers in the module. This way you have less files being replaced and the compatibility with other mods is better.

If you don't have a dialogue, that automatically triggers in the game, you'll have to open the module.

Hope that helped a bit.

Fastmaniac
Page: 1 of 1