Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

K1 Re-recruiting Carth and Canderous?

Page: 1 of 1
 GeorgNihilus
07-20-2010, 6:27 PM
hi there. Once again bothering here ... ;)

well I've lost Carth and Canderous from my party screen, after playing BoS Solomon Revenge and being replaced temporary by Kobayashi and the Mechanic.
Matter is I'd like to know why this script to recruit them back is not working, here it is:

// to add again to the party missing Carth and Canderous AFTER finishing the BoS SR mod
// in the Korriban Wastes (trapped in Ancient cave, closed door, so warp to Ebon Hawk done)

void main()
{
//RemoveAvailableNPC(1);
//RemoveAvailableNPC(2);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(1, "Cand");
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(2, "Carth");
DelayCommand(1.7,ShowPartySelectionGUI());

}

the script is doing nothing, although IS running cause I got the party screen open. It doesn't work either removing the 2 lines with the // characters just in case, although the slots are free when calling the party screen before running this script.

what could I be missing or wrong? :yelhelp: thanks on advance :)
 Alkonium
07-20-2010, 6:34 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's not working because it fails to list those other two party members by name.
 Canaan Sadow
07-20-2010, 9:19 PM
Probably because their Templates aren't "Carth" or "Cand", those are their tags... their templates are "p_carth" and "p_cand".
 luc500
07-21-2010, 4:05 AM
Did you use the return to Ebon Hawk button. Canderous nad Carth are added back into the party in the korriban caves. If you return to EH the script wont trigger.
 GeorgNihilus
07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Did you use the return to Ebon Hawk button. Canderous and Carth are added back into the party in the korriban caves. If you return to EH the script wont trigger.
So they are added in Korriban caves? thanks for that. Yeah I returned to EH through the travel button 'cause I couldn't get into the caves, found a closed door before :roleyess: ... can u tell me exactly the module name where Carth and Canderous are added to at least check the source scripts provided by Silver? :raise:

if u don't know how, load your savegame in the module they are re-recruited and ask the cheat console, type in whereami and ENTER and copy the module name. I'd appreciate it a lottttttt... :)
 Canaan Sadow
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought it was in those "apartments" in Dreshdae... but I mean if worse comes to worse, you could always just use these scripts and attach them to someone's dialogue...

void main ()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(3);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(3, "p_carth");
DelayCommand(1.5,ShowPartySelectionGUI());
}

void main()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(2);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(2, "p_cand");
}
 GeorgNihilus
07-21-2010, 2:17 PM
I thought it was in those "apartments" in Dreshdae... but I mean if worse comes to worse, you could always just use these scripts and attach them to someone's dialogue...

void main ()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(3);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(3, "p_carth");
}

void main()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(2);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(2, "p_cand");
}
thanks a whole lot pal!! :golfclap: those scripts did add them, it was a tag-template issue; although the numbers were changed, so I came out finally with this to add both same time:

void main ()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(1);
RemoveAvailableNPC(2);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(1, "p_cand");
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(2, "p_carth");

DelayCommand(1.8,ShowPartySelectionGUI());
}

only remaining pretty bothering issue is that their dialogs have reset, both Carth's and Canderous', as well as their level which is 4 again; so now I suppose I will have to figure out -from the last savegame when they were still in party- how to 'fix' that ...

Gladly, I guess I should be able to finish the game with them in the party at least.

thanks again and also Alkonium and luc500 for your comments :)

edit: false alarm, apparently dialogs are OK ...
 Canaan Sadow
07-21-2010, 8:19 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot that Bastila's number is set to 0. Sorry!
Page: 1 of 1