Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

It's Time to Play "Truth or Crap"!

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
07-14-2010, 6:02 PM
WELCOME TO "TRUTH OR CRAP"!

The object of this game is to post a statement (that is not someone's opinion), and have others guess whether it is the "Truth" or utter "Crap"! Each person can only post one question, and the posters below MUST answer it correctly before another question can be posted. Ready to play?

Here's your first question:

Truth or Crap: One country in the world has TWO capital cities.
 jonathan7
07-14-2010, 6:19 PM
Truth or Crap: One country in the world has TWO capital cities.

Bit of both, there are several countries in the world which have TWO capital cities, so the statement would be incorrect in that more than one country has more than one, I know of 3 countries which have "two capitals".

Holland, the legal capital is Amsterdam, the residency of the monarchy is the Hague (I think the Government may meet in the Hague too, I seem to recall state addresses coming from there).

Israel, partly because Jerusalem is a disputed city so Tel Aviv is considered by some to be another capital, it was Israel's capital between 1948-50, and many embassies are based there.

Finally Bolivia has two capitals... La Paz is generally considered it's capital, even though the judiciary and legal systems are run from Sucre.

I'd possible place a mild bet that South Africa may have a couple of "Capital Cities" with things being split possibly between Johannesburg and Cape Town....
 Tysyacha
07-14-2010, 6:22 PM
I was thinking of Bolivia, but you're right--it's the "Truth"! :) What's our next question?
 adamqd
07-14-2010, 6:23 PM
CRAP: Actually 12 Countries have more than one Capital.

Truth or Crap: George Washington's teeth were made of gold, hippopotamus ivory, lead, and human and animal teeth (including horse and donkey teeth)
 jonathan7
07-14-2010, 6:25 PM
Truth or crap: Water is the biggest killer in the desert?
 Xerios
07-14-2010, 6:31 PM

Lack of it.
 True_Avery
07-14-2010, 6:57 PM
Technically, truth. It isn't the drinking of water that'll kill ya; it is the constant sweating.

Truth or Crap: George Washington's teeth were made of gold, hippopotamus ivory, lead, and human and animal teeth (including horse and donkey teeth)
Truth, mainly because as far as I know, wood was never used for false teeth cause it holds moisture/bacteria, molds, and naturally decays rather quickly in such conditions.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd possible place a mild bet that South Africa may have a couple of "Capital Cities" with things being split possibly between Johannesburg and Cape Town....
Actually, S. Africa has three "capitals". The other one (administrative capital) being Pretoria. Cape Town being the legislative capital and Bloemfontein being the judicial center. As far as I know, Johannesburg is merely the capital of a region.
 Astrotoy7
07-15-2010, 12:43 AM
What are the prizes for this quiz?!

mtfbwya
 Trench
07-15-2010, 2:43 AM
^Crap!

Truth Or Crap: This thread should go in the Forum Games. :xp:
 RC-1162
07-15-2010, 7:11 AM
Truth.

What's Bon Jovi made of? :xp:
 jonathan7
07-15-2010, 7:20 AM
Lack of it.

Technically, truth. It isn't the drinking of water that'll kill ya; it is the constant sweating.

Truth, mainly because as far as I know, wood was never used for false teeth cause it holds moisture/bacteria, molds, and naturally decays rather quickly in such conditions.

Actually flash floods are the biggest killer in the Sahara desert :D
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
07-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Truth or Crap: Peter Jackson's Hobbit movie will be separated into three parts
 Astor
07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Truth or Crap: Peter Jackson's Hobbit movie will be separated into three parts

Probably true, but still crap.
 adamqd
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Truth.

What's Bon Jovi made of? :xp:

Commercialized Cheese.

Truth or Crap: The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men Fondling each other's buttocks...
 Trench
07-15-2010, 2:57 PM
I know it features three naked men. But I'm not sure about the fondling. I'll go with truth.

Ignitron is rare type of solar radiation.
 Tysyacha
07-15-2010, 3:41 PM
Crap! It's actually a type of electrical machine that converts AC to DC.

Truth or Crap: There is actually an "aurora australis", or the Southern Lights, as well as the "aurora borealis", or Northern Lights.
 True_Avery
07-15-2010, 3:48 PM
Actually flash floods are the biggest killer in the Sahara desert :D
Then you should have specified Sahara desert, since desert technically also means a frozen landscape or a large expanse of empty ocean. There are loaded questions, and then there are unfair questions :p
 RC-1162
07-15-2010, 4:13 PM
There are others too! You didn't mention the effects of overeating ice cream, pudding and cake... :explode:
 Trench
07-15-2010, 4:49 PM
^Crap. There's no such thing as too much cake you liar. :p

20-gauge is more powerful than 12-gauge.
 mimartin
07-15-2010, 5:13 PM
20-gauge is more powerful than 12-gauge.crap

The largest desert on earth is the Sahara.
 RC-1162
07-15-2010, 6:01 PM
Crap. Pacific Ocean, I believe?

Here's what Admiral Ackbar has to share:

http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129156868935063852.jpg)
 mimartin
07-15-2010, 7:47 PM
Crap. Pacific Ocean, I believe? It is crap, but it isn't the Pacific Ocean, since Deserts are defined as A desert is a landscape or region that receives an extremely low amount of precipitation, less than enough to support growth of most plants. The Pacific Ocean does not meet that definition in more ways than one.
 True_Avery
07-15-2010, 7:53 PM
Truth or Crap: Some sharks (today) can live over 300 years.

The largest desert on earth is the Sahara.
Pacific Ocean, I believe?
Both Crap. Antarctica is the world's largest desert, the North Arctic is the second, and the Sahara is the third.

Parts of the Ocean could be considered a "desert", but these are instead classified as "Anoxic" or "Hypoxic" zones, caused by expanses of ocean with low amounts of chlorophyll and oxygen. Calling them a "desert" is a media term only.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Truth or Crap: Some sharks (today) can live over 300 years.
Crap. Even turtles don't live as much.

I think.
 Trench
07-16-2010, 1:10 AM
^Crap. Thought is overrated.

Truth or Crap: The longest lived turtle is the Giant Leatherback.
 Mav
07-16-2010, 2:47 AM
Truth or Crap: The longest lived turtle is the Giant Leatherback.Crap; the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are ageless. :carms: amidoinitrite?
 True_Avery
07-16-2010, 4:42 AM
Truth or Crap: The Blue Whale is the largest animal in all of Earth's history.

Truth or Crap: The longest lived turtle is the Giant Leatherback.
Crap. Sea Turtles live an average of 40-80 years, while plain Box Turtles can live over 100.

This also depends on what definition of "turtle" you are using since it changes from area to area, as Turtles and Tortoise technically belong to the same main family. This being the case, the longest lived "turtle" is the Galapagos Tortoise.

Crap. Even turtles don't live as much.

I think.
Actually, Truth.

The Greenland Shark is a North Arctic shark with an extremely slow metabolism that can live up to an estimated 400 years, with the average being 200-300+ years. They have only recently been thoroughly studied, but examination of spinal tissue puts them as one of the planets longest living animals as well as rivaling, possibly beating, the Great White in average size. Oh, yeah, and its flesh is toxic.

And yes, I do spend too much time watching Animal Planet and Discovery Channel.
 Trench
07-16-2010, 5:02 AM
Crap; the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are ageless. :carms: amidoinitrite?

Truth. You sir, have just won The Game. :bow:
 ChAiNz.2da
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Truth Or Crap: This thread should go in the Forum Games. :xp:
Truth ;) Moved.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Actually, Truth.

The Greenland Shark is a North Arctic shark with an extremely slow metabolism that can live up to an estimated 400 years, with the average being 200-300+ years. They have only recently been thoroughly studied, but examination of spinal tissue puts them as one of the planets longest living animals as well as rivaling, possibly beating, the Great White in average size. Oh, yeah, and its flesh is toxic.
http://blogfeijoadanacional.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/alien_from_the_movie.png)
 Darth Avlectus
07-17-2010, 8:42 PM
Truth or crap:

Mike Judge is planning something new with Beavis and Butt-Head: New episodes AND a live action flick.
 Isaac Clarke
07-24-2010, 8:08 PM
Truth or Crap: The Blue Whale is the largest animal in all of Earth's history.

EDIT: Ummm... Truth.
 KellyLeighC
04-20-2011, 8:04 PM
Truth Or Crap: The tuatara can live longer than 100 years.
Page: 1 of 1