Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fixed Mandalorian Banners

Page: 1 of 1
 jonathan7
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Just a small simple mod this which fixes something which always irritated me...

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/115845_1.jpg)

KotoR Files Link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Fixed_Mandalorian_Banners;115845)

More screens;

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/115845_2.jpghttp://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/115845_3.jpg)

AUTHOR: jonathan7
EMAIL: Message me via lucas forums user name is jonathan7
NAME: Fixed Mandalorian Banners
CREDITS: Fred Tetra for the wonderful KotOR tool, the wonderful programe that is Adobe Photoshop and Quanon

FILENAME: Fixed Mandalorian Banners
FILE SIZE: 4.75mb unzipped, 1.75 mb zipped
DATE RELEASED: 10/07/2010

DESCRIPTION: This changes the banners in the Mandalorian camp from Star Forge ones which frankly,
didn't fit or make sense to ones bearing the Mandalorian logo, I also fixed the Mandalorian Camp load screen,
which also had the Star Forge banner on.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:"Extract from the zip and put all the files apart from "readme" in to
Override folder. If you do not have one, you will need to make one."
Make sure they are not in a subfolder in your override though.

COMMENTS: Enjoy!

BUGS: None, If you manage to get some... you really are special!

PERMISSIONS: PM me at LF to discuss useage.This Mod should only be found at KotOR Files and
Lucas Files, please contact me if hosted elsewhere!

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT
OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT
YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

KotoR Files Link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Fixed_Mandalorian_Banners;115845)
 Inyri
07-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Those look really nice. I've always liked the Mandalorian logo. :)
 Totenkopf
07-13-2010, 10:51 PM
More distinctive and aesthetically pleasing. nice job.
 ARC Cody
07-14-2010, 9:31 AM
Wasn't the usage of the Star Forge symbol deliberate? I thought Ordo used them to honour the memory of Revan and his journey with him.
 jonathan7
07-14-2010, 9:41 AM
Wasn't the usage of the Star Forge symbol deliberate? I thought Ordo used them to honour the memory of Revan and his journey with him.

You seriously believe that isn't a retcon in the EU to explain Obsidian being rushed and not placing a Mandalorian logo on the banners? It makes absolutely no sense for the Mandalorians to adopt the Star Forge as a symbol, nor do I see how the symbol honours Revan (if as canon would force, he blew the thing up?).
 ARC Cody
07-15-2010, 3:51 AM
Yes, I seriously believe that. Haven't you ever heard of warriors claiming the symbols of their defeated enemies as their own? And regarding Revan, the symbol is a shared experience and so it does make sense for them to have adopted it.
 jonathan7
07-15-2010, 6:58 AM
Ha! If that had been the intended reason for the Symbol being in game it would have been explained in KotOR 2, given the not finished and un-polished nature of the game I'm highly sceptical. and think the more logical explanation is that it is explained after and as sucj it's clearly a ret-con, whether you want to believe that or not...

If you want the original Star Forge Banners don't download the modification, so unless you have a technical criticism, I can only request that you don't clutter up my release thread with superfluous nonsense arguing for the Star Forge banners with those of us who don't think it makes any sense...
 Xarwarz
07-15-2010, 8:29 AM
Interesting i never really paid much attention to the banners till now great job
 ARC Cody
07-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Heh, no need to get snippy. I think I might download the mod and try it out. And as for cluttering the thread, it's hardly overflowing with posts, now is it?
 jonathan7
07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Heh, no need to get snippy. I think I might download the mod and try it out.

It's more a snippyness over KotOR (and TSL) having been utterly crapped all over (at least in my opinion) since, by the comics etc, Though bare in mind I only made it as it's something that irritated me...

And as for cluttering the thread, it's hardly overflowing with posts, now is it?

No, but Holowan is a lot less busy these days, and it's hardly either a massive or earth shattering mod ;)
 VarsityPuppet
07-16-2010, 1:43 PM
Been looking for this mod for a while... don't know if it's a re-release or what.. but Hooray!

Though ARC Cody does bring up a good point... even though it does sound like a terrible retcon :).
Page: 1 of 1