Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Do You Edit In-Gmae Models

Page: 1 of 1
 Epifire
05-29-2010, 4:36 PM
Well as simply put how do you edit in-game modles?

I don't know about you but I think the people you see in KoTOR might be good but can be better with some editing. With modern PCs it isn't hard to up the poly count and never notice due that this is a 2004 game.

Mainly facial detail, and the most noticed faults that are seen in ordinary conversations in the game.

Now don't get me wrong KoTOR has some well known, and good charecter models allready there but I think they could be transformed into a deluxe version of the game with little to no efort.

So here is what I wnt to do...

1: Some how extract the models out of the game for editing.

2: Up the poly count of the models, and then bring them back into the game where they were before.

3: And then play the game enjoying the more living, realistic, models you just simply upgraded.

What programs are needed to do this and how would it be done?
 sarpedon2
05-29-2010, 5:34 PM
I think even with more modern computers, its the game engine itself that can't handle improved graphics and I'm not sure the Odyssey engine is moddable.
 deathdisco
05-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Unless there's been some new development, you can not add vertices. Only move around what is all ready there. This is because the model file has not been fully decoded. There are no official tools and what we have now have been reverse engineered by the talented members of the community.
Page: 1 of 1