Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OK so question.

Page: 1 of 1
 Drizzt312
05-24-2010, 1:48 AM
It's been awhile since I have done this so I'm a little confused on somethings.

I made a jedi robe. And I'm having trouble using it. I have the uti file I have the tga and the icon too. I go into KSE and try to put it into my inventory and it says bad strRef. i'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Maybe I named a file wrong or something but I'm running out of ideas. the uti is g_a_phoenixrobe72 the Icon file is g_a_phoenixrobe72 and the texture is PFBM72. Any help please?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong place
 Rtas Vadum
05-24-2010, 3:27 AM
It's been awhile since I have done this so I'm a little confused on somethings.

I made a jedi robe. And I'm having trouble using it. I have the uti file I have the tga and the icon too. I go into KSE and try to put it into my inventory and it says bad strRef. i'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Maybe I named a file wrong or something but I'm running out of ideas. the uti is g_a_phoenixrobe72 the Icon file is g_a_phoenixrobe72 and the texture is PFBM72. Any help please?

Also sorry if this thread is in the wrong place

Well, did you change the information in the uti to match the filename? If not, you'll need to make a few changes.

Namely:

For both the "Template ResRef" and "Tag" boxes, type in the same information that you labeled the file itself(the casing doesn't matter), without the .uti extension. You'll also want to change the number for "Texture Variation" to 72, as this matches your filename, and will point to your texture. None of the other boxes on the General tab need to be changed.

You'll also want to change the name of your icon to something like "ia_pheonixrobe072", else you might get a white box for your icon.
 Canderis
05-24-2010, 7:21 AM
 deathdisco
05-24-2010, 4:55 PM
File name might be too long. IIRC it may only be max 16 characters long.
 Drizzt312
05-26-2010, 1:37 AM
Ok so thank you guys I got it figured out. It was excatly like Rtsa Vadum said I had misspelled a file name lol I forgot an underscore lol(I renamed most of the files and got it to work) lol. Having trouble with the icon but I'm sure I'll puzzle it out. Thanks guys.
Page: 1 of 1