Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VII: A Glimmer of Hope

Page: 5 of 5
 Tysyacha
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
"Not with my armor on--and especially if I had a facemask or veil or something," Andorra replied. "Do you think we might be able to manage that?"
 Alkonium
06-21-2010, 10:00 PM
"The Silver Eagle just needs a minor refuel, but I need to know, what's your decision on the computer virus idea, then?" Iyav asked, while Komad nodded and made his way down to the hangar to prep his X-38.

"The part of a vibroblade that makes the blade vibrate is a modular component called a vibration cell. If you replace it with a similar cell designed to give off heat, it should achieve the result you need." Kalla explained. "As for a face mask, there is a helmet included with the armour."
 JediMaster12
06-22-2010, 2:33 PM
Tavaryn nodded and replied, "You wish us to meet you there on Geonosis? That can be arranged. We will have a prisoner with us and I believe he may show us the way. Trust Matton and his judgment on where to land. We'll meet you there. Tavaryn out."

Haruka was shamelessly listening while trying to explain to Alriana, "You may be familiar with Andros Starlighter. He is the firstborn. Rumor has it that he has two siblings both hidden during the purge."

Tavaryn had turned his attention to the boy's recounting of his family's history. He had never met his father so it was always something of pleasure to hear about him. His brother never said much because of the effects of using the Force to bind memories. Andros had his memories but to him they felt as if they belonged to a different person. he had long ago forgiven their parents for that decision but it still bothered him at times. Now Tavaryn had in his care a boy who seemed to know everything and a Jedi who didn't even know his mother existed. Saying nothing of this, he yanked up the Togorian and said, "Alriana, change of plans. We are heading to Geonosis and our friend will help us get in. Go with R4 to get the ship ready and I'll follow."

To Haruka, he said, "You are welcome to come if you wish."

"You bet I am. I got a score to settle," Haruka replied and trotted off with Alriana. Once putting some distance between them he told her, "Andros Starlighter was the firstborn of Lady Ashira and Jedi Kenobi. He was with Luke Skywalker during the rebellion. Perhaps I can lend a few of my history data pads so you could catch up. Some have holo images."

Tonatius hadn't seen his cousin in a while and was a bit unsure as how to speak to her. He came up from behind and said, "Time has been good to you cousin."
 Tysyacha
06-22-2010, 9:56 PM
"I'm glad to hear that," Andorra replied. "As for the heat cell, do you have one on you? I would request to use a blaster, but I'm the most terrible shot since a rusty HK droid." She rolled her eyes and hoped that everyone would understand the allusion to a relic from the days of the Old Republic. HK assassin droids were expert marksmen. Rusty ones weren't.
 Alkonium
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Kalla couldn't help but smile when Tonatius spoke to Andorra in his own awkward way. If anything, he needed to avoid dwelling on what happened, and just be friendly to her. "I personally wouldn't, but you could try asking Matton or Jun-la. It's their ship, after all." Kalla suggested.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-23-2010, 5:19 PM
"You may be familiar with Andros Starlighter. He is the firstborn. Rumor has it that he has two siblings both hidden during the purge."

"Like I said the last few times, I've never heard of him. And I didn't have that much interaction with other Jedi during the purge."

Alriana, change of plans. We are heading to Geonosis and our friend will help us get in. Go with R4 to get the ship ready and I'll follow."

Alriana nodded once. "Understood. Come on R4." She said to the little droid as it began following her toward the ship. She stopped for a moment and then turned back to Tavaryn. "Would you care to explain why we're going to Geonosis?
 JediMaster12
06-23-2010, 5:45 PM
Tavaryn regarded Alriana for a moment before replying, "A clue to our 'guest' here. Geonosis holds a secret he knows, something about an infection."

At that moment, the Togorian rattled a laugh, "Yes the infection that will kill you all."

Tavaryn gave a hard nudge on the stump and said, "Enough with dramatics. You will take us there." He then nodded for Alriana to head back.

Haruka looked at Tavaryn for a moment and then followed. He was followed by Tavaryn who looked as if something winded him. It was going to be a long trip.

Jun-la had left Matton to his own devices. He knew the ship inside and out and had an endearing obsession in piloting her. So she left the cockpit to go find her charges and see for herself how Andorra was. She entered on Kalla's last comment and said, "Ask me what?"
 Chevron 7 locke
06-24-2010, 9:52 AM
"The Silver Eagle just needs a minor refuel, but I need to know, what's your decision on the computer virus idea, then?"

"I'm sorry, but we're not going to be using it. Up until now the Imperial forces haven't used any computer based attacks and I don't want to give them any ideas. Right now, all they use are ship to ship combat and I'd like to keep it that way. However...if we do find outselves in a tight spot I will consider using it.

Belina thought to herself for a moment.

"It was a good idea though don't get me wrong."
 Alkonium
06-24-2010, 6:47 PM
"I was suggesting that Andorra ask you or Matton about a Heat Cell for her sword. I figured it would be the best way to minimise blood spatter from the infected." Kalla explained.

"Very well, keep in mind, we'll likely only get to use it once. After that, the New Empire would expect it, and tighten security." Iyav replied, heading for the hangar.

One of the medical droids approached Kol. "Master Skywalker, we have finished operating on Vector S'borr. We were unable to remove all of the implants, but we were able to remove the neural node, and repair his throat to some degree." The droid explained. Kol then approached the viewing area. "Can you hear me in there?"
 Tysyacha
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Andorra turned to Tonatius. "Could you install a heat cell into Chetyrnadtsat' for me?" she asked. "Please. It would do me a world of good against the swarm of hungry vivinecrotic creatures we might encounter--if not swarms," she said, emphasizing the plural form. "If there's one thing I know about epidemics or pandemics, it's that they infect a LOT of people all at once. I don't want that."
 Master_Archon
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
'How strange,' Vector thought to himself, his head swiveling as he sat on a pristine, unadorned chair in the middle of an empty room, though the scent told him it had once been used for medical purposes, for now, though, it seemed to be his 'cell'.

But this wasn't what intrigued him, it was the fact that he felt his mind within the mental cage the 'Nex Venators' had forced him into, and yet, when he probed the edges of it, he felt no repulsion from the long standing defenses against his mental probes. Tentatively he kept his mind in the cage, his body, and subconscious instinctively fearing what would never come; he wasn't ready to accept his freedom quite yet, for memory, no, nightmares still kept him from ventering out from his small cage of comfort and stability.

From what he recalled however, he'd been struck down, bashed in the temple by Kalla, as he had been standing in front of her, poised for any actions she'd take, yet when he saw her move, his nightmares let up, and his inhibitions faded, just enough to suffer the pain of the neural-nodes as they activated, as he pushed against his brainwashed instinct to react; if not for this, Kalla would have received a surprise in her gut, a dark bronze lightsaber blade, recently built into the wrist of his Phrik gauntlet. He'd been holding it up to her stomach, but had resisted the urge to activate it, allowing her the time to strike him down, into unconsciousness.

"Can you hear me in there?" Came a voice, so sudden he thought it had been in his own mind, a trick of his Masters. But after he regained his composure he realized that it had come from outside, through a comm system, obviously someone was watching him.

He felt along his forehead, feeling where once the neural-nodes had been, yet not believing what he knew to be real: they were gone. He turned towards the wall that he felt the presence from behind it, responding in a voice that startled him, for it sounded quite like his old self, only somewhat cracked, and torn sounding, something he knew would be a reminder to him in the future for his follies.

"As well as anyone can hear sound, Jedi."
 Alkonium
06-26-2010, 4:04 PM
"Good. This might take a bit of getting used to, but we have repaired as much of the damage to you as we could. Now, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions. First, who sent you to attack Jedi Knight Kalla Kaltas?" Kol asked from behind the plate glass.
 Master_Archon
06-28-2010, 7:51 PM
"Good. This might take a bit of getting used to, but we have repaired as much of the damage to you as we could. Now, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions. First, who sent you to attack Jedi Knight Kalla Kaltas?"

Vector croaked with harsh laughter, but only tentatively, he found it funny that the Jedi didn't think he was Sith - or at least ask him if he were - which would have been quite obvious from the tattoos on his forehead, but he guessed the person asking was 'tolerant' enough not to make assumptions, or pass judgements.

"I was meant to kill far more than her. But if you wish to know, then it was the...." Vector paused, hesitating to speak the words he felt would bring him pain if the neural-nodes were still adorned on his head. "...'Nex Venators'. You won't know who they are, or at least if you do know of them, what little you do know are nothing but lies and fictitions that they've allowed you to believe.
"They're quite reclusive, if not powerful: Let's just say that at least three quarters of the reported lost, or MIA Jedi in your files for quite a few years now are Jedi who've been killed, or even captured, by the 'Nex Venators'. Impressive, if not hard to believe, I know, but you'd be surprised how easy it is for them."

Vector pondered for a moment, he needed to ensure that the Jedi wouldn't take action against him, he needed an out, so he decided that any more information the Jedi wanted on the 'Nex Venators' would not be 'free', so he promptly shut his lips and stared dully at the wall the Jedi was behind.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-28-2010, 9:37 PM
"Very well, keep in mind, we'll likely only get to use it once. After that, the New Empire would expect it, and tighten security."

Belina watched as he headed down to the hanger before turning to Garja. "I really have to hand it to him. He comes up with some great ideas. I never would have thought of using a computer virus."

Garja shrugged his shoulders. "To be fair I probably wouldn't have thought of it either. You and I mainly think best when we're engaged in ship to ship combat."

Belina's reponse was cut off by the sound of an intercom sounding. "Admiral. We just recieved a distress call from one of our ships at Geonosis. They reported that they were under attack by a large imperial fleet before the transmission was cut off."

"Set course for Geonosis and engage the hyperdrive as soon as possible." Belina said after a seconds as a plan began to form in her head. "Make sure all ships have their weapons armed before we drop out of hyperspace near Geonosis."

"Yes Admiral."

Belina turned to Garja and smiled. "Looks like we're going to be needed on the bridge. Lets go Garja."

Garja nodded and follwed Belina as the two made their way to the bridge.
 JediMaster12
06-30-2010, 2:30 PM
Jun-la smiled, "Very well. As a matter of fact there is a plasteel cylinder in the cargo hold that has nothing but upgrades for blades, lightsabers, blasters, you name it. If you can find one that is in acceptable condition you may use it. If you find any useful part and wish to use it, you are more than welcome to it. If you are unsure, ask."

Tonatius nodded and said, "I will help you cousin. Perhaps I can tell you the story of the battle it takes to make a sword." He left the dormitory and beckoned his cousin to follow him, leaving Jun-la with Kalla.

Jun-la looked at Kalla and asked, "How feel you?"

Haruka was entertaining Alriana with stories of the purge while Tavaryn was piloting his ship. Their patient was sedated and restrained in the medbay. Not an ideal condition but one that would work in any case, until they meet up with the Hawk.

Tavaryn was deep in his thoughts, thinking about this infectious agent. It was virul obviously and spread through the blood. However there may be a risk that it can become airborne. He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't even hear R4 beeping to say that he would take over.

Haruka was telling Alriana, "The purge was a terrible time for anyone remotely associated with the Jedi. Force Adepts were hidden on places where the Force could mask their presence like Dagobah where Master Yoda hid. Lady Ashira-Li and Obi-Wan Kenobi went to Tatooine. Then Lady Ashira disappears. Some said that she betrayed the Jedi. Me I personally think that she went to the source undercover to end it.

"Anyway that's my take one it. The Jedi fascinate me but I don't believe too much in their religion. Hookey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster or a well built vibroblade. No offense."
 Tysyacha
06-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Parts, parts and more parts. Swarms of parts. Cascades. Torrents! It was so hard for Andorra Evenstar to make head or tail of them that she almost gave up before she found the heat cell she wanted. She had not been trained in the upgrading of weapons; her upbringing had been more centered around the "softer arts" of entertaining guests, engaging in diplomacy, and catering to foreign dignitaries from across the galaxy. This was what would have been expected of her in her role as the future Governor of Avalon, but the Force had a different fate in mind for her. Andorra would have preferred it if it hadn't involved being possessed by a malevolent and virulent Sith Lord.

How to install it? This heat cell was, oddly, giving off a heat of its own. Was it defective? Broken? So old that it was beyond repair, and beyond use? It looked odd--like no other heat cell she'd seen. Still, Andorra was no expert.

"Cousin?" she asked. "Is it just my imagination, or is this heat cell unusual?"
 Alkonium
07-01-2010, 12:43 AM
"About the mission, nervous. On a personal level, I'm feeling pretty good. Tonatius and I are happy together, I'm happy to see Andorra doing so well, and to see how she and Doctor Pradhes feel about eachother, even if they don't see it themselves yet." Kalla explained. Then, remembering something she said to Tonatius when they first rescued Andorra, she approached Lenatha.

"Tell her how you feel, I'm not in your way." She told the Twi'lek. Doctor Pradhes was certainly good-looking, she'd give her that much.

"Once the Nex Venators find out what's been done for you, you're liable to become a target yourself. Were they involved in the attack on the Republic Star Destroyer Cygnus?" Kol then asked, starting to wonder if the two events were even remotely connected.

"We're ready down here. At the very least, we should be able to distract the New Imperial Fleet long enough to allow the Ebon Hawk to get to the surface." Komad sent to the bridge from his X-38.

"But you know us, we never do things half-ass. We'll send them running back to Balmorra." Iyav replied, the Silver Eagle refuelled, tuned up, and ready for battle.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-01-2010, 9:30 PM
"Anyway that's my take one it. The Jedi fascinate me but I don't believe too much in their religion. Hookey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster or a well built vibroblade. No offense."

"None taken. But I disagree about about our so called "Ancient weapons." Lightsabers are powerful enough to cut through nearly anything. And they have the added bonus that they can deflect blaster bolts."

Bridge of the Ackbar

Belina and Garja stood side by side as they studied design flaws in the Imperial starships that they would be fighting.

"I don't care what they say, all we have to do is focus on where the shields overlap. They should be easier to cut through." Belina said.

"And I don't care what you say. Imperial commanders always make sure to divert all spare power to where the shields overlap to make sure that never happens. I was with the Imperial fleet for quite a while Grand Admiral. I know these people."

Belina sighed. "Lets just agree to disagree. We'll give my idea a shot and if that doesn't work we'll go with your idea."

"Assuming we're still alive if your idea doesn't work." Garja muttered.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing."

Belina looked at her operations officer. "How much longer until we reach Geonosis?" She asked.

"We will arrive at Geonosis in one hour. All ships have raised their shields and all weapons have been powered up."

"Excellent." Belina smiled at Garja. "Don't worry about anything Garja. We'll be fine. Our ships are better equiped then the imperial ships and we're in better shape then they are."

Garja grunted and looked out the forward viewer as the Ackbar and the rest of the fleet continued onto Geonosis.
 JediMaster12
07-03-2010, 1:15 PM
Tonatius took the proffered heat cell and examined it. If anything it seemed and felt hotter than before when he noticed Andorra holding it. It wasn't a scorching heat but more of a pleasant warmth that was constant. He turned it around to examine it and found something that he thought Andorra should see. "Cousin look at this."

He pointed at a small design on the heat cell. Most heat cells were processed in factories but those that were made by hand, often the makers would place their mark upon it like his blade. His was made by one of the old masters of the craft and passed on through the generations. This design had a recognizable design that Tonatius had seen once before. When he was sure Andorra was looking he said, "It's our family design. One member of our family must have been a swordsmith and custom made this part. I think you should use it."

Jun-la nodded in approval, "To have some fear is good. It helps us to acknowledge that we are not perfect beings. I hope you are patient with Tonatius. Avalonian expressions of love are not always as direct as people would like."

Jun-la then watched as Kalla told Dr. Pradhes what to do and gave a small smile. She had sensed the feelings the moment they came aboard and was wondering when they were going to stop doing the same dance and change the tune.

"Maybe so," Haruka replied to Alriana, "An electric shield absorbs impact as well. Besides a lightsaber is a distinctive weapon. Anybody who knows what the general shape is automatically assumes that you are a Jedi and the trouble starts. A bad thing if you want to keep a low profile. Funny though I never notice Tavaryn carrying one until he tossed it at you earlier. I thought it was some special tool he designed."
 Tysyacha
07-03-2010, 1:30 PM
"I wish to use the part," replied Andorra, "but I don't know how to install it. I never was good at scientific and mechanical things such as upgrading weapons. Could you please do me that favor?" She lowered the face-visor on her helmet. "I wonder who in our family could have crafted it. Do you have any theories?"
 JediMaster12
07-03-2010, 1:34 PM
Tonatius took her blade and the part to the workbench. He gave a slight nod that she was to watch and learn. It was how Avalonian children learned their crafts. Hardly anything was told to them. They watched, listened and learned. He began taking the various parts apart with the skilled ease of practice. He replied to Andorra's question, never once taking his eyes off his work, "No idea who. Quite possibly an ancestor started and his line continued but it was an obscure branch. It has happened before. I can say that they are family because of the design. Family crests are distinctive."
 Tysyacha
07-03-2010, 1:54 PM
Andorra listened silently, watching with rapt attention. Her cousin's hands were like those of a musician or an artist, and not a mere mechanic's. Not only were they highly skilled with the manipulation of delicate, minuscule parts, but they were also deft and reflexive. Tonatius didn't even have to think about what he was doing, hardly, because he had done it so many times that the motions of installing the heat cell were like second nature to him. Public speaking and diplomacy were second nature to the Avalonian girl, but she guessed, correctly, that it would be useless to reason with any of the vivinecrotic creatures...

"So that's how it's done." She frowned a little. "It looks so simple, but that's only because you've been doing it for so long! Are you sure the cell will work?"
 Shana
07-05-2010, 7:52 PM
Lenatha was observing Andorra with a smile on her face as she was with Tonatious doing her much needed modifications on her sword. She then turned to focus on examining the medical equipment that had been brought for research. She turned only to see Kalla Kaltas walking towards her.

"Tell her how you feel, I'm not in your way.

The Twi'lek simply felt her face blush.

"Is it that obvious?", she asked in a low voice. "I just don't know, it seems kinda sudden doesn't it, I mean I have considered the implications of it but I..."

It felt as though she was rambling.

"What if she's not ready? I mean...", Lenatha looked over to Andorra and grinned. "She's come so far from what happened, I want to be there for her no matter what. But I'm afraid she won't want me..."
 Alkonium
07-06-2010, 12:12 AM
"I was afraid of that with Tonatius, and I was wrong. I just needed to be more patient with him than I was with Andorra. Even if she doesn't, it's better that she knows how you feel, and you know how she feels. But honestly, I don't see why she wouldn't want you. I'd certainly be interested if I were in her position." Kalla explained, glancing over at Andorra and Tonatius and smiling. She was pleased to see no resentment from Andorra for either of them.

"Xan, I have the information about who the Republic is sending. Anyone you recognise?" Darth Pestilus asked, passing Xan a datapad with a list of names on it. They had just received the intelligence reports on the expedition team the Republic was sending to Geonosis. "Kaltas and Iazoki, fascinating."
 Tysyacha
07-06-2010, 2:18 AM
Andorra, hearing the good doctor's voice, gave a cry of delight. "Lenatha!" She abruptly checked herself. "Err, Doctor Pradhes! I just had a custom-made heat cell installed on my blade! Look at how it radiates a pulse of fire now!" Indeed, it did just that. Then, bowing her head, the Avalonian blushed. "I sound like an immature little schoolgirl, don't I, Doctor?"
 Shana
07-06-2010, 3:47 AM
Lenatha simply smiled at the sight of Andorra and turned to Kalla.

"I guess you're right, those who don't risk don't gain right?", Lenatha said and looked over as Andorra rushed over to her showing her her sword and the newly installed heat cell's effect on it. Lenatha giggled and looked at Andorra with a big smile.

"It's not wrong to get excited like a schoolgirl Andorra, you should see me around the medical equipment, I'm like a little girl with new toys too. And do me a favor, call me Lenatha", she said and blushing a little. "Umm... can I have a moment of your time alone Andorra? I have something I want to talk to you about and I fear once we're on Geonosis we won't get much time to talk with the research and investigation going on".

Lenatha was holding her nervousness back, she was given a bit of courage by Kalla's words but the actual confession of her feelings was proving slightly difficult. Still, she knew she had to seize the chance, before everything got more complicated.
 Cyborg Ninja
07-06-2010, 4:19 AM
Xan took the datapad from Darth Pestilus and scanned over the names. He heard Pestilus's remark about a Kaltas and suddenly got much more excited. He had heard rumors about certain Kaltas members and had always wanted to see what they could do in a fight. He looked for the Kaltas on the datapad and found one under the name Kalla Kaltas. He continued looking at a few of the names and stopped occasionally to fully read the name.

"Jun-la eh? I must say I'm a big fan," he chuckled.

His next stop was on Andorra Evenstar. It took him a few minutes to remember who she was but chuckled a second time upon remembering. He had seen her a few times when he did a few odd jobs for her mom. She looked like the spoiled brat type but she was still pretty hot. The next name he stopped at was Lenatha Pradhes.

"Lenatha Pradhes, she's that hot twi'lek doctor. Though I can't help but recall seeing her back when I worked with a rather annoying Hutt. I don't know if either Lenatha or Andorra would remember me, so other than those two I don't actually know anyone else here."
 JediMaster12
07-06-2010, 7:07 PM
"Certain," Tonatius replied. "As to learning to do this yourself. I noticed an old blade in the cargo hold. You can practice on that with some of the parts. Learning by doing is a good way to know what you are doing." He finished her blade and with a deft twist, he gave a few mock swings before executing a move that had the blade end in his open palm and the handle out towards his cousin. He grinned at her as if to tease her.

Jun-la had been watching and chuckled softly. She said, "Acting naturally is what everyone should do on occasion. To deny who you are merely makes you a shell of what you are."

Tavaryn had left the piloting to R4 and went to check upon the patient. He was restrained and was willing to rip out his throat when he walked in. He said to the prisoner, "You have said much about a pestilence. I want to know what it is."

The Togorian growled, "I won't tell you a thing. Better you see for yourself. When released into the Republic, those against us will turn into freaks of nature. Not even your precious Jeedai can stop that."

"So you say," Tavaryn replied as he checked the charts regarding the amount of painkillers flowing into the prisoner. "Getting your arm lopped off must hurt. I wonder what will happen if I press this," and he pressed the button that shut the meds off.

The Togorian was doing his best not to cry out in pain as Tavaryn looked at him with an impassive look. He managed to send a look of pure hatred out at him which quickly changed to surprise when Tavaryn hit the button to start the meds again. "What are you doing? Make me suffer!"

Tavaryn stood over the prisoner and looked down. "We will be landing on Geonosis. Where is the best landing place to avoid detection?"

"Same place the Jeedai snuck into...if you can find it." The Togorian sneered.

Tavaryn nodded and turned to leave. The Togorian shouted, "Wait! You're supposed to torture and kill me!"

Tavaryn turned and looked back, "You really think I would be that cruel?" He then left to the sounds of the Togorian shouting obscenities at him and Alriana. He went to the main hold and asked Alriana, "What do you know of Geonosis?"
 Alkonium
07-06-2010, 9:39 PM
"Do what you wish with them, whatever that may be." Pestilus replied, touching the shuttle down on the planet surface.

"Let's give them some privacy." Kalla said to Tonatius, leading him into the cockpit. Watching the view of hyperspace, she asked Matton, "How hard will it be to manoeuvre around the New Imperial blockade?"

Feeling the Ackbar come out of Hyperspace, Komad sensed an unsettling presence on Geonosis. "Impossible, it can't be, Sith?" He thought out loud. "Commander, over the past two months, has there been any information intercepted from the New Empire about emergent Sith Lords?" He transmitted up to the Bridge.
 Tysyacha
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM
"Certainly...Lenatha," Andorra replied, blushing. "Care to go somewhere like the cargo hold or--someplace else where no one usually goes?" Something in her was awakening, which she thought had died with the loss of Kalla Kaltas. The Avalonian no longer felt any resentment toward her cousin--in fact, she was happy that Kalla and Tonatius had found one another. As for the good doctor...

For the first time since Virul possessed her, she felt something wonderful: hope.
 Shana
07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
"Care to go somewhere like the cargo hold or--someplace else where no one usually goes?"

"Of course", Lenatha said and actually was relieved that she wouldn't have so many eyes on them if they were somewhere more private. She walked into the cargo hold with Andorra and turned to look at her.

"I have never been very good at expressing what I want for myself, especially to other people when it comes to how I feel about things. But given the situation that we rush to face, I have to say this before anything else happens. I know I'm probably being selfish about it since, it's only been a few months since I treated you first at the hospital. But I do think I won't get another chance if I don't say it...", Lenatha said and made a small pause to collect herself and stop herself from shivering so much for the nervousness. "I... love you Andorra. I have loved you ever since you came to the hospital the first time, I know it's unprofesional in so many levels but I just can't help it, my heart just went to you even though you didn't say a word, even though you just slept on the bed for all that time, I couldn't wait to see you again... I sound like a stalker... you probably must be disgusted by it but even when you woke up and you told me your story, I couldn't help but fall harder for you. I kept thinking, I want to be with her, support her anyway I can, even if from afar. You must think I'm a total stalker and an opportunist, but I had to tell you, I had to..."

She stood there in silence, this was the first time she had opened up about her feelings in a long time. But Andorra made her feel like she could be herself more easily. She didn't have to pretend to be the formal doctor everyone expected her to be. She could be, just herself.
 Tysyacha
07-07-2010, 1:28 PM
"Lenatha," Andorra said softly, "I believe no such things about you, nor have I ever. You saved my life in more ways than one, and set me on the path to joy and redemption instead of complacency and fear. You call yourself a 'stalker' and an 'opportunist', and yet neither of these types of criminals would have been so genuinely compassionate as you have been toward me. In fact, they would have...had their way with me...while I was still comatose, and not waited for me to wake up, if they wanted me that badly! I..." She paused, with the next words coming out of her throat like stomach acid in an episode of sudden vomiting. She had not talked about these things so deeply before.

"Virul possessed me, it's true. I thought I was doing the right thing on Bastion by supposedly killing him, but as it turns out, I was only doing the vengeful thing. The Dark Lord sensed my hatred and fear, and that opened the perfect door in my mind for him to slip right through. As a Sith, I found myself no longer capable of love, except the love for Kalla Kaltas that would not die within my soul. I could have forsaken it, and her, and become stronger. Yet I chose not to. The simple reason is that I...well...what is life without love?"

Andorra took Lenatha's hand. "I find myself falling for you, too, good Doctor," she said. "You've shown me love, and I've begun to love you in return. If this 'vivinecrosis' infects or kills us, or we fall in battle, I don't want to have wasted the chance to tell you so. Thank you...for everything you are."

She leaned forward for a kiss, closing her eyes. All of her fear vanished...
 JediMaster12
07-07-2010, 2:46 PM
Tonatius followed Kalla to the cockpit where it looked as if Matton were dozing but in reality he was attuned to the sensors on the ship. He grinned at the memory of his first time flying with Matton.

Matton didn't bat an eye when Kalla asked her question. He kept his eyes closed and replied, "The blockade won't be a problem to maneuver around since most of the lasers on the fleet are designed for ships larger than this. The barrage though will be tricky. Don't worry, the side deck has a few trump cards to get us through."

Tonatius whispered, "Plays pazaak in his head."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-07-2010, 6:48 PM
"Commander, over the past two months, has there been any information intercepted from the New Empire about emergent Sith Lords?"

"Sorry Komad. There haven't been any reports of any new sith." She replied as the bridge of the Ackbar rocked repeatedly under turbolaser and proton torpedo strikes.

"Garja! Start selecting targets. Hit the Star Destroyers first!" She shouted as a console on the bridge burst into flames and one of the crewmembers grabbed an extinguisher and began putting the fire out.

"Find the Imperial Command ship at all costs. We need to take it out. Without their commander they'll fall into disarray. And start punching a hole in that blockade so the others can get through!" She shouted as the Ackbar's powerful turbolasers cut through the night and slammed into two frigates, wiping out their shields instantly and punching through their hulls.

"Thats two down." Belina smirked. "Only around thirty more to go."

"What do you know of Geonosis?"

"Almost nothing besides the basics. Native species are an insect-like race. They sided against the republic during the clone wars. I know nothing besides that."
 Shana
07-07-2010, 8:14 PM
Lenatha started to tremble even more when Andorra took her hand. Hearing her words began to calm her. She was finding peace in this one moment. A single tear came down her cheek as she leaned in and kissed her. She could feel as if the world around her had suddenly stopped. As she embraced her with her arms, slowly and gently as they kissed, she was as happy as she could be. So much so that she could just go around jumping with joy. As they pulled apart, she opened her eyes.

"Nothing will happen to us, as long as we have each other, we'll be alright. As long as you need me, I'll be there", Lenatha said giving her a big smile, trying to hold her tears in because she was so happy.
 Tysyacha
07-07-2010, 8:36 PM
Andorra leaned into the kiss, letting Lenatha feel the fresh tears that she herself was trying to hide. After their lips finally parted, she said, "It's all right. We will fight together, and die together if need be. All that matters is that we love one another, and if the vivinecrosis claims either one or both of us, we will at least have this moment of pure bliss that will have redeemed us from perishing truly. If I had denied you, or you me, or if we had kept our feelings hidden, then our love and lives would have been wasted." She squeezed Lenatha's hand. "Come. I sense there's some serious fighting to be done, and Chetyrnadtsat's ready..."
 Shana
07-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Lenatha smiled brightly at Andorra and walked with her outside the hangar bay back to where they had been before and went passed to the cockpit. She then looked at Kalla and smiled at her, she was still holding hands with Andorra.

"How long til we reach Geonosis?", Lenatha asked, she wasn't aware of the blockade of the Imperial forces, but she just wanted to get a notion of how much farther they had to go so she could continue to check the research equipment.
 Alkonium
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
(@Chev: Wouldn't Alriana have participated in the Battle of Geonosis?)

"I've noticed." Kalla whispered back to Tonatius before noticing Andorra and Lenatha enter the cockpit. "It shouldn't be much longer, maybe a couple of hours, but there's still the New Imperial Fleet to worry about. It'll take some manoeuvring to get around them, so it might be a good idea to buckle in for that." Noticing the two them holding hands, she smiled and added, "I'm happy for both of you."

"Then we have no idea what they're getting into down there." Komad commented, finally launching his X-38 out of the hangar. Rogue Squadron would come in handy right about now. He thought. "Do you have our other secret weapon ready, dear?" He asked Iyav.

"Absolutely." Iyav sent back, checking the screen to his left. It was his own special modification to the Silver Eagle's weapon systems. The wavelength and frequency of the laser cannon would change after every shot, and their values would be recorded. Once they were at the right combination to bypass the target's shields, he'd lock them in. With all their big guns, the main force of both the Republic and the New Empire never had reason to come up with ideas like that.
 Cyborg Ninja
07-09-2010, 2:43 AM
Xan looked over at Pestilus and cocked an eyebrow. Had this Sith Lord said what he thought he said? Even though his face was masked he was sure the expression could still be noticed. He then leaned back in his chair and chuckled to himself.

"Yeah we'll see about that," he said putting his arms behind his head. "Exactly where do you want me to bring the fun group of Jedi?" he added in.

Xan only asked the question because he knew some of those Jedi could move incredibly fast. He was highly acrobatic himself and being force sensitive allowed him to move faster not to mention he had a few tricks up his sleeve. His second reason was to get to know the terrain much better. If he was going to lure a group of Jedi, they were going to need to believe he was running from them and not luring them in. He wasn't worried about them reading his thoughts, he was skilled to mask his true intentions. It was his movement he had to get down. He needed to keep his composure but move because he was in danger.
 JediMaster12
07-10-2010, 2:33 PM
Tonatius nodded in approval of his cousin. Though she was adopted by Master Starlighter's sister, he was still honorbound to look after her. He said in a voice that only she could hear, "It pleases me that you found your path of happiness." He then smiled to indicate that he was happy for her.

Matton hadn't even opened his eyes but said, "Maneuvers aren't a problem with Belina at the helm of the fleet. Besides the coordinates have us come out on the far side of the planet. Records show that was the direction that Jedi Kenobi took just before the Clone Wars. Now can a guy get some sleep?"

Jun-la gave a gentle chuckle as she shooed everyone out. She suggested they find other things to do. "You have run of the ship. I am going to the cargo hold. Anyone who wants to join me can."

Tonatius watched her leave and looked at Kalla. He said matter of factly, "Practice."

Tavaryn was not overly pleased at Alriana's response but it was Haruka who said, "Were you in some sort of a vaccumm or something?"

Tavaryn said nothing to curb the outburst but looked at Alriana for a moment before sitting at a sensor console and beginning to stare at it. It was one of the ways he settled deep into thought. He was used to having companions who knew something. Hell he and Kyle Katarn along with Jan Ors got into scrapes and out of them again.

Katarn was a good friend and loyal in his own way. Actually he found Katarn on Nar Shadaa and helped him out on his quest against Desaann and his reborn. All in his own search for his family, his older brother in particular.

Geonosis would be hard. The best place would be to follow the advice of the prisoner. Kenobi's landing site was better than nothing unless they scouted the planet using the ship's cloaking ability. He settled deep in his thoughts to think.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-10-2010, 3:26 PM
((Not if she was already on a mission and couldn't help out with the attack on Geonosis.))

"Were you in some sort of a vaccumm or something?"

"No. I was already on a mission when the attack on Geonosis occured. I was never in the same sector during the war or after the war." She answered half-truthfully. The truth was...complicated and she didn't like to think about it. It brought back far too many bad memories.

"I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But as I said, I was on another mission."

Imperial Pride

Beroc snarled at his first officer as a few consoles on the bridge burst into flame and smoke.

"Reroute all auxillary power to shields and weapons! Bring the ship around and begin targeting the frigates and cruisers first. They are being used as an anti-fighter barrier now and without them the republic fleet won't be able to take out as many fighters! Power up the modified turbolasers and bring the ship about."

The Imperial Pride slowly began to turn around as it fired it's forward turbolasers at any ship in it's path. The heavily powered up tubolasers cut directly through any of the ships in it's path and wiped out at least five ships before they had to recharge.

Ackbar

"Admiral!" Garja shouted as he watched the screen. "Look!" Belina turned to look as one of the imperial ships turned around and punched directly through the shields of at least five of her ships before ceasing fire.

One hit from those tubolasers was enough to wipe out their shields and punch through their hull. That's not good.

The bridge rocked as Belina grabbed onto a console to keep from falling. "Order all fighters and bombers to go after that ship! Disable it's forward turbolasers at all costs!"
 Tysyacha
07-10-2010, 7:22 PM
"The good doctor has been caring for me so long that I find myself curiously unable to let go of her hand," Andorra announced with a giggle. Then she turned to her new partner. "Lenatha? It might be a good idea for me to get some practice in wielding Chetyrnadtsat' again, as I have not done so in a good long while. If I put a sheath on the blade, would you be willing to spar with me in the cargo hold?" A brief pause. "That is, if it's empty, of course."
 Alkonium
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
"Lead them to the labs, including the princess and the doctor. Turn their target into a trap." Darth Pestilus explained. "They will witness the might of the Sith Empire as it rises once more to crush the New Galactic Empire and the Third Galactic Republic!"

"Jun-la's practicing in there already, if that's not a problem." Kalla explained, wondering if 'sparring' was just a euphemism. "If it is, there's still the garage and the dormitories. If you'll excuse me, I'll be joining her in the cargo hold."

"Understood. Time to give them a taste of their own medicine." Iyav replied, activating the cannon's randomiser and opening fire on the New Imperial Star Destroyer until he could bypass their shields. Then, seeing one of his shots go straight through, he transmitted the readings to the rest of the Republic fleet. "Put your weapons at these settings, and you should be able to even the odds against that Star Destroyer." He explained.
 Shana
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
"Lenatha? It might be a good idea for me to get some practice in wielding Chetyrnadtsat' again, as I have not done so in a good long while. If I put a sheath on the blade, would you be willing to spar with me in the cargo hold?"

Lenatha looked at Andorra a little embarrased, not because they were a couple now, not because she was holding her hand, but because as skilled as a surgeon that she was, fencing was not really her best ability.

"I'll try to keep up, honestly I'm not that good with a sword, I'm better with a blaster. But it can't hurt to practice right?", Lenatha said hoping not to disappoint Andorra of any expectations she might have had about her as a fighter.
 Cyborg Ninja
07-12-2010, 3:29 AM
Xan looked over at Darth Pestilus and found himself cocking his eyebrow again. He certainly hoped he was included in this destruction or excluded from it and left alone with his money. Either way he'd make sure to keep an eye on Pestilus in case he too got caught in this trap. He turned away and down towards his own feet. He'd have to options in how he would get them to the labs. He could attack the group and then retreat into the labs, or he could mask his true intentions and lead them there peacefully. Option 1 was much more fun but he'd attempt Option 2 and if they didn't believe him then he'd go with the better option. He looked back at Darth Pestilus and smirked.

"That shouldn't be too hard for someone like me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get ready for our guests," Xan said standing up.

--------

Silence was a must when in the presence of a higher rank. At least that's what Wrath was told when he was a Sith. Upon hearing of a little sparring match however, he decided to speak up. He looked over at Andorra and gave a slight bow.

"If you truly want to get some practice with your weapon again, then perhaps I would be a better sparring partner. No offense to the doctor, but I feel I would be able to give you the practice you require. She can fight with you if you wish, besides I too have not fought in quite some time and could use the warm up," he said with a slight chuckle at the end.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
"Put your weapons at these settings, and you should be able to even the odds against that Star Destroyer."

Belina and her bridge crew cheered as Iyav's message came over the channel. "Tactical! Hit that star destroyer with everything we've got!"

Belina grinned as she watched as one of the turbolaser blasts went directly through the shields of the star destroyer and then her smile vanished as the blasts began hitting the shields again.

"Sorry..." she said over the comlink. "It looks like they managed to change the shield frequency again."

Her expression turned to one of horror as she watched as three full squadrons of fighters flew out of the hanger bay and went directly after Komad's ship.

"Komad. You have at least three squadrons of fighters on your tail. Watch out."

Imperial Pride

"Admiral! We have impacts against the hull! That MC-104 cruiser is the source of the blasts!"

Beroc turned around and began issuing orders. "Tactical. Dispatch three squadrons of fighters to deal with that little ship that managed to punch through our shields earlier. I want it destroyed now! Bring us about so we're facing the MC-104 and get an identification on it."

"It reads as the Ackbar. Admiral Belina's ship."

Beroc smiled a grim smile. Killing Belina would prove to be a great victory for the empire.

"Are the modified turbolasers recharged yet?"

"No sir. They need another minute before they're fully recharged."

"Very well. Bring us so that our starboard guns are facing the Ackbar and begin firing as soon as possible."

Geonosis

Atora Zen knew that there was going to be a battle in orbit of Geonosis but he didn't know that it was going to be this...chaotic. Ships were exploding all around him and he was being forced to didge debries and stray tubolaser blasts but he had his orders.

Belina had ordered him to go to Geonosis and put a stop to this disease at all costs even if it meant his own life. In return, Admiral Belina would allow him to use the Ackbar as a port that he could dock his ship at whenever he needed repairs or a place to lay low for awhile. Assuming that he lived through this mission.

I will live. And my reputation will continue to be spread throughout all known space. I will be the best known bounty hunter in all known space.

Atora continued on down toward the planet as he looked for a place to land his ship.
 Tysyacha
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
"I have an idea," Andorra announced with a girlish wink and a smile. "Doctor? You can shoot blaster bolts at me, with the blaster set to 'stun', and I will try to deflect them with Chetyrnadtsat'. Wrath? In the meantime, you can duel me in hand-to-hand melee combat. What good am I as a fighter if I can't handle two opponents at the same time? If the vivinecrotic people and creatures gang up on us, I don't want to find myself outnumbered and defenseless. Agreed?" She turned to leave for the training room on the ship.
 JediMaster12
07-12-2010, 2:57 PM
"Truth is complicated," Tavaryn muttered. "We'll land at the last coordinates the Jedi landed at. We'll make our way there." He then tapped the console to activate the comm, "R4, use the coordinates in your memory banks for Geonosis."

Haruka eyed his companions. And I thought I had a lousy past. Out loud he said, "Oookay so you were off on a mission. Must've been important cause it saved you from the purge."

Jun-la was practicing her hand to hand but it was in a meditative state. The old masters called it kata. She just breathed and followed through with what her master had taught her. She noticed Kalla but made no acknowledgement and she was followed by Tonatius.

Tonatius left with a few choice words for his cousin, "Practice makes better but don't rush it." He then followed Kalla into the cargo hold. He noticed Jun-la and he whispered to Kalla, "Kata as the old masters call it. A meditative state of combat. Some forms use a blade, others are hand to hand. A means of centering and becoming one with your weapon of choice."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-12-2010, 3:17 PM
"Oookay so you were off on a mission. Must've been important cause it saved you from the purge."

"No...during the purge I was at the jedi temple. I fought my way through the clones and managed to escape to Geo- Never mind. But I was on Tatooine when The jedi left to Geonosis. I was supposed to go apparently but I recieved the message far to late to be of any good. I was actually busy trying to take down a minor criminal."

She sighed deeply.

"I can't help but think that if I had gone there I could have made a difference of some sort. But like I said, I didn't get the message in time."
 JediMaster12
07-12-2010, 5:34 PM
Tavaryn looked up from his musings and turned to face Alriana. He said, "We can't all but help feel that way at some point in our lives. I like to think that things happen for a reason or as the Jedi like to say, the Force wills it. One cannot pretend to understand all intricacies of it."

"You know the Handmaidens would say different," Haruka replied.

"Actually the Handmaidens serve the will of the Force," Tavaryn corrected. "The Shinigami are guardians and the Bushida warriors are in effect the military." He grinned at the thought of it all. "We all believe in a higher power and each strives to serve as best as they can, even the nonbelievers."

"In my experience I'd call it luck," Haruka said before getting up to go explore the ship. They still had some time to kill before reaching the planet Geonosis. Better to go find Two-y and get prepared.

When Haruka left, Tavaryn looked at Alriana and said, "The boy is gone now and you can tell me about your escape. If you wish."
Page: 5 of 5