Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Display Error Tie Fighter Collector's XP Widescreen monitor

Page: 1 of 1
 killswitch1968
02-24-2010, 8:52 PM
I have a 32" widescreen monitor. (Digimate LT32C2P1)
I installed the Win95 collector's tie fighter edition version on my XP machine. It installed great and I applied the compatability patch.
However when I start up the game my monitor goes into an "invalid mode". Resizing the screen to 4:3 doesn't help, nor does running in Win95 mode.

I wanted to try to run it in Windowed mode but wasn't sure if that was possible. I'm up for any suggestions at this point. Unfortuantely it's the Win95 version so I can't use DosBox.

Thanks!
 Wildstar
02-25-2010, 12:27 PM
They may have come up w/ a hack, which can be found on the forums at XWA Upgrade forums (http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3) in the Soft/Hardware Problems forum, top sticky thread ("Common Graphics Problems..."). I don't know if they've found the widescreen codes for TIE95, but Reimar would know, so pay particular attention to his posts, including the ones in which "XWA Hacker" is attached.
Page: 1 of 1