Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sith Uniform Attire Mod v1.0

Page: 1 of 1
 ZimmMaster
02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
I was inspired to make this mod today while reading a thread at holowan labs so here it is.

Readme
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
» Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
AUTHOR: ZimmMaster
NAME: Sith Uniform Attire Mod
TYPE: Clothing Edit
VERSION: 1.0
SIZE: 22.5 MB UNZIPPED
DATE RELEASED: 2/15/10
WEBSITE: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/ZimmMaster;29005)

» DESCRIPTION
The Sith Uniform Attire Mod is a simple mod that changes your default clothing to the uniforms that the Sith wear. The male and female soldiers get the uniforms you see Uthar Wyyn and Yuthura Ban wear in the Sith Tomb.
The male and female scouts get what my guess would be a formal uniform. The male and female scoundrals get the standard sith uniform.

» INSTALLATION
1) Double click SUAM_v1.0.exe.
2) Click "Yes" on the confirmation prompt that comes up to install.
3) Enjoy the Mod!

» FAQ
Q - How long was this mod in development for?
A - It took about 6 hours to complete.

Q – Why did it take so long to get finished?
A – I wanted the texture to be of good quality so I spent alot of time enhancing them and I'm also a full-time student, so my free time is limited.

Q - I have found a bug, what do I do?
A - Firstly, replay the section in question a few times using an earlier save or autosave and see if the bug persists. If it still occurs, then we have a problem, and you should first read the section entitled KNOWN BUGS. If you cannot find the bug listed there, then you should read the section entitled BUG REPORTING to learn for to contact me.

» KNOWN BUGS
-None, that I am aware of. If you find any, please let me know via email at joshua_zimmerman@hotmail.com or PM me over at LucasForums.

» BUG REPORTING
There are 2 main ways in which you should contact me to report a bug; email and through Lucasforum. Regardless of which method you choose, be sure to include the information listed below:

- WHAT HAPPENS/ISN'T HAPPENING?
- WHERE IS IT HAPPENING?
- DOES IT HAPPEN EVERYTIME/SOMETIMES?

If you intend to report the bug through LucasForums (Which I would strongly recommend so others become aware of your findings), then you will need to follow the steps below:

1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of LucasForums at "http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645") and either create an account or login to your existing one.
2) Search for the thread entitled "[KOTOR] Sith Attire Mod"
3) If the bug hasn't already been posted by another member, post a description of the bug using the information listed above as a guide.

If you intend to report the bug through email, then follow the steps below:

1) Email "zimmmaster@gmail.com" with the subject "Sith Attire Mod Bug Report"
2) Describe the bug using the information listed above as a guide.

» CONTRIBUTORS

-Fred Tetra, for creating his awesome KOTOR Tool that makes us modders job a lot easier.

-tk102, for creating his K-GFF GFF Editor.

-stoffe, for creating the ChangeEdit and TSLPatcher programs.

-Me- For making the mod. The skins for the underwear, the portraits, the walking & running animation fix and the combining of head skins.

» SPECIAL THANKS
- To the people who created the tools which have allowed me to create the Sith Uniform Attire Mod.

- Kotor Tool.......................................Fred Tetra
- K-GFF GFF Editor...........................tk102
- ChangeEdit/TSLPatcher...................stoffe

- The members of Holowan Labs over at Lucasforums.com who offered their continued support during the development of this mod and it's predecessor.

» COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR KOTOR MODDERS
This mod installs via TSLPatcher to reduce the issues involving compatability.

» DISTRIBUTION AND USAGE NOTES
This mod or any of its individual components may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author unless restricted to your own personal usage.

» LEGAL
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

A Mod By ZimmMaster

http://b.imagehost.org/t/0715/Charcter_Generation_Screenshot.jpg) (http://b.imagehost.org/view/0715/Charcter_Generation_Screenshot)

Temporary Link: ZM_SUAM_v1_0.7z (12 MB) (http://b.imagehost.org/download/0178/ZM_SUAM_v1_0)
Permanent Link: KOTOR Files Link
(http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Uniform_Attire;111245)
 MishraArtificer
02-18-2010, 3:25 PM
A Screenshot would be nice, if you have one. I'd like to see what this looks like before I try downloading it on my dial-up connection here at home.

EDIT: Hm...my browser was blocking the photo, it seems...looks nice, but does this mean you start off as a Sith officer? lol!
 Darth Trek
02-18-2010, 3:35 PM
There's a ScreenShot under the Readme, and I downloaded this, and it's pretty nice, when I put the uniform on, the pose even changed to the arrogant stance of the Sith. :D

But here's the link anyway,

http://b.imagehost.org/view/0715/Charcter_Generation_Screenshot)

-- Darth Trek, Tusken Jedi
 ZimmMaster
02-18-2010, 9:35 PM
EDIT: Hm...my browser was blocking the photo,
I don't know why your browser would be blocking the photo. I'm still trying to find a good screenshot size and template now that I'm running the games at the 1920x1080 resolution on my new monitor instead of the 1280x1024 I used on my old monitor. So sorry about that.

...looks nice, but does this mean you start off as a Sith officer? lol!
If you mean you start out as a actual sith soldier working for the sith, no. You just get the uniforms to wear.
 MishraArtificer
02-19-2010, 3:08 PM
Zimm, I must apologize. It wasn't the browser, it was my video card. This computer was put together out of spare parts, and the video card is probably the oldest and crappiest part in it. It shows the image as almost the same color as the background of the site, and i couldn't see it. They look a lot like the Sith Academy uniforms worn by the human and Twi'lek who run the Academy on Korriban (their names escape me at the moment).
 ZimmMaster
02-19-2010, 4:12 PM
They look a lot like the Sith Academy uniforms worn by the human and Twi'lek who run the Academy on Korriban (their names escape me at the moment).

That would be Uthar Wyyn and Yuthura Ban.
 Darth Trek
02-19-2010, 6:01 PM
If I'm correct, they're supposed to look like Uthar and Yuthura's, along with the rest of the Sith Uniformed Troops.

ZimmMaster
02-19-2010, 9:31 PM
If I'm correct, they're supposed to look like Uthar and Yuthura's, along with the rest of the Sith Uniformed Troops.

The Male Soldier Uniform is Uthar's and the Female Soldier Uniform is Yuthura's.

I'm not sure what the Scout Uniforms are from. I can only guess it is a formal uniform.

But the Scoundral Uniforms are the standard sith uniforms.
 Nick Vader
02-20-2010, 9:48 AM
I rember a mod that switched the clothes to the republic uniforms. I thought the sith clothes would be much much nicer, and there they are ! Looking great ;)

Question:Is there a difference between the clothes of the classes ?
I mean, is the soldier's clothing any different than the scout's, for example...
 ZimmMaster
02-20-2010, 1:44 PM
I rember a mod that switched the clothes to the republic uniforms. I thought the sith clothes would be much much nicer, and there they are ! Looking great ;)

Question:Is there a difference between the clothes of the classes ?
I mean, is the soldier's clothing any different than the scout's, for example...

Yes they are all different uniforms. See the screenshot for reference.
 ZimmMaster
03-04-2010, 7:22 AM
UPDATE: It was hosted to KOTOR Files. I can't seem to access KF the normal way so now I'm using an internet proxy to access it. Please let me know if I got the wrong link.

KOTOR Files Link (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Uniform_Attire;111245)
Page: 1 of 1