Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What can we do now? 1st February 2010

Page: 1 of 1
 Alfa_One
02-01-2010, 1:34 AM
Well, today is 1st February of 2010, the first thread posted here was in 02-18-2000, long time ago as I can see in the "Main Board". We have spoken about all the aspects of Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, tricks, troubleshooting and the possibility of making mods for this amazing game (sequels, multiplayer mod, etc). As for now we havent got any kind of modding tools, what can we do to keep this forum 100% alive?.

Im sure that we will still speaking about bugs and troubles but what other kind of topic can we have?

Sorry for my english mistakes.
 Alexrd
02-19-2010, 7:36 PM
what can we do to keep this forum 100% alive?

Nothing. Not even the Jedi Knight forums are 100% alive. ;)

Im sure that we will still speaking about bugs and troubles but what other kind of topic can we have?

Well, my current project on this game is translating the game to portuguese. Right now it's around 40% done. Since I have so few time left, this is moving slowly, but I hope to get it done around April. Maybe you could do the same, but to spanish. ;)

I also tried to make a website about this game years ago, but I never finished it. Maybe when I get this done, I will work on it.
 Tatterdemalion7
03-09-2010, 5:27 PM
The fact is that it is a 10 year old game that unfortunately hasn't seen the sort of perpetuation that, for example, the dark forces series has gotten. While we can have, and have had (though it was dead by the time I found it), a thriving niche community that proliferates the greatness of this game (And it IS a fantastic game), I don't think we can compare ourselves to a forum that has a whole series to call its own.

Well, TPM is, obviously, based on the movie so that would be our series. But in reality the game stands alone. Zanzibar gives his full story here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=73877&postcount=21). The point is that the game's hybrid philosophy, sadly, failed in the eyes of the critics and the players, and as a result the would-be sub-genre ceased to exist. AoTC doesn't really have a movie game, and Episode 3's is yet another example of the slash-everthing-to-pieces formula that is virtually every 3rd person Star Wars game.

As for what more we can do now...while it's true that this game has been 99% explored or discussed, there must still be stuff that can be done. Perhaps playing for speed (the level times ARE given at the end, after all), or imposing challenges eg. the minimal kill challenge that I posted a few years ago.
 Alexrd
03-09-2010, 5:54 PM
Perhaps playing for speed (the level times ARE given at the end, after all), or imposing challenges eg. the minimal kill challenge that I posted a few years ago.

I've tried many types of challenges over these years. That minimal kill, finishing the game as Panaka or Amidala, never use the lightsaber, finding glitches а la Master Qui-Gon (member of LF), etc... Never tried to play for speed though...
 Tatterdemalion7
03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised that I got a reply so quickly! I really wish that I could play it now...but alas, my copy is thousands of miles away. And I'm on a mac laptop so I wouldn't be able to anyway...
 Landmaster13
03-18-2010, 2:55 AM
But i'm sure there is still something left in this game for us to suck out, maybe some unfound glitches if any remain? I'm sure there would be some left in the game.
 Tatterdemalion7
03-19-2010, 1:28 PM
But i'm sure there is still something left in this game for us to suck out, maybe some unfound glitches if any remain? I'm sure there would be some left in the game.

I also believe that to be true. We may know this game inside and out, but what is the real extent of our knowledge? If we could nail that down, then perhaps we could get some insight into what we might not know.

Of course, this isn't something that can be quantified, or put into a percentage. Our limit is only restricted only by the level sequence, the engine (eg. we can't fly (OR CAN WE? 0_0)), and in-game rules---and these can sometimes be broken (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195455). Even then, reaching it would be asymptotal.
 Landmaster13
03-19-2010, 5:52 PM
I also believe that to be true. We may know this game inside and out, but what is the real extent of our knowledge? If we could nail that down, then perhaps we could get some insight into what we might not know.

Well, I'm sure that apart from the obvious time constraints that may have been in place when the game was being made, there are still a few triggers left in that may have led to other areas in levels that have already been built.

For example, in the Jawa Blue room at the Mos Espa race track some of you may have noticed that, just behind the table to the right of you when you enter the room, if you push the action button while facing the wall that the table is in front of, Qui-gon or whoever you chose to play as will play their "activate" animation. I could actually be making a fool of myself and this actually DOES open something up somewhere, but you never know ;)
 Alexrd
05-22-2010, 7:27 PM
That Jawa Blue Room is the same room where some Mos Espa Arena NPC's talk about making some bets? If not, where can I find that room?
 Landmaster13
05-23-2010, 9:05 PM
Well, it's the room that usually has a closed door. When you get past the main gate turn left. Down that alley you'll find the big door with a Jawa or two in front of it. Usually it's closed but occasionally it is open. I don't know what you have to trigger for the door to be open. If it is open then it tends to close the moment you start to approach it, but once again, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, that is the room I was talking about.
 Alexrd
05-24-2010, 1:57 PM
Yes, I know where to find the Jawa Blue Room. I just don't know where is the blue room where some people tell you to play a bet. Is that room the Jawa one? If it is another, where is it? (if it exists, that is...)

Anyway, thanks for the reply. :thmbup1:
 Landmaster13
05-24-2010, 3:57 PM
Oh right, sorry. I think they might just mean the Blue Room, but there might be another!:)
 Alexrd
01-24-2011, 1:00 PM
Turns out the Jawa Blue Room is the betting room after all. (I was reading this thread again and decided to investigate)

I entered the room and for the first time, I noticed a droid behind some bars. I had to use the "naughty naughty" cheat to watch closer, and turns out there were some boards with odds for each racer.

Here's a pic (sorry about the Jawa mess :p):

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6116/blueroomu.png)

Love the fact that even after 12 years, you can still find something new in this game.
 Landmaster13
01-26-2011, 3:15 AM
It was always a bit of a trick to get into that room. Sometimes the door was open, and sometimes it was not. Sometimes it was open, I would run right up to it and it would close in my face!
 Alexrd
01-26-2011, 3:04 PM
It was always a bit of a trick to get into that room. Sometimes the door was open, and sometimes it was not. Sometimes it was open, I would run right up to it and it would close in my face!

If you stay inside long enough, the Jawas will start shooting at you.
 JoesGuy
03-06-2011, 7:54 AM
If you see a Jawa anywhere near it, walking along (aside from the one next to the Eopie creature) he'll get to the door and open it. If there's no such Jawa, wait for him to exit the Blue Room.
 Redwing
03-27-2011, 5:29 PM
I could have sworn I'd replied to this thread already.

The Java blue room is really neat. I never managed to get through that door.
 Alexrd
03-27-2011, 5:53 PM
I had already been on the Jawa blue room, but never realized there were some boards with odds for each racer. There was some thug that always told me to bet on the blue room. Turns out he was speaking about the Jawa blue room.
Page: 1 of 1