Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Armored Robes

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Darkus
01-06-2010, 7:05 AM
 Canderis
01-06-2010, 7:31 AM
Wow, some of these are quite nice, and is that my hood mod I see in the screenies :xp:. The only real issue I see is the uvmap. To make these look good you are going to need to mess around with that a bit.

EDIT:
Opening up the files in gimp, WOW, great job!
 Darth Darkus
01-06-2010, 7:36 AM
I have no clue what that is but these robes are free to be changed and/or used....
in the meantime I'm going to do some homework concerning uv-mapping :thmbup1:
and yeah, the great hood mod is on some screenies but not included in the download
 Lord Dagron
01-06-2010, 8:29 AM
Awesome robes dude
 Queen of Night
01-06-2010, 2:20 PM
It´s nice. Can you make this for Female Player?
 Trench
01-06-2010, 4:22 PM
Ori'kandosii robes man! :D
I'll be using these when I can get KotOR working again.
 vanir
01-06-2010, 7:45 PM
Hey to add shiny bits I just open the tga in in gimp, make a transparent layer, cut and paste the bits I want shiny to the transparent layer, merge and then make a txi CM_Baremetal, is that how it's done?

Always wanted armoured Jedi robes for a real Old Republic Jedi feel. These are great, just wouldn't mind a little "polish" as it were. Nice job!
 Darth Darkus
01-07-2010, 3:36 AM
for some reason it's impossible to add a metallic shine to robes I don't know how to change that...
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-07-2010, 6:00 AM
Well done, coolest robe mod I have seen in a long while!
 Darth Cryptic
01-07-2010, 9:05 AM
-grumbles- I'm getting a File not Found message when I try downloading this.
 Beast421
01-16-2010, 1:53 AM
Wow, some of these are quite nice, and is that my hood mod I see in the screenies :xp:. The only real issue I see is the uvmap. To make these look good you are going to need to mess around with that a bit.

cannot download the file keeps bumping me out
can you mail them to me
 Darth Darkus
01-16-2010, 9:55 AM
yeah I can but I have lost my USB flashdrive and didn't get a new one yet so it may take another few days....
 Darth Payne
01-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I can send this mod to any who need it.

Is there something wrong with the Readme of this mod? My computer can't seem to recognize the file.
Edit: Never mind. Fixed the problem myself.
 Nick Vader
01-17-2010, 6:41 AM
Great mod ! I love the armors! placing in override...
 Rinku
01-17-2010, 12:54 PM
This looks really cool, if I can get TSL to work on my computer I am going to put these in ;) my override.
 ZimmMaster
01-18-2010, 8:41 AM
This is a real great mod. This is going to be in my override for a long time. Nice photoshop work on Starkiller in the first screenshot too.

*EDIT* I would like to download it but the link is broken.
 TriggerGod
01-18-2010, 6:06 PM
Wow, great robes, Darkus. If the download link worked and if my TSL worked (gonna have to reinstall), I would definitely use those.

Nice photoshop work on Starkiller in the first screenshot too.

...Where do you get Starkiller out of that? Doesn't look like any concept art of him, or any costume he wears.

(of course I could be wrong, as I didn't really look at the concept artwork as I played through it again)
 ZimmMaster
01-18-2010, 6:31 PM
Wow, great robes, Darkus. If the download link worked and if my TSL worked (gonna have to reinstall), I would definitely use those.

...Where do you get Starkiller out of that? Doesn't look like any concept art of him, or any costume he wears.

(of course I could be wrong, as I didn't really look at the concept artwork as I played through it again)

That is because it is photoshopped. Compare to this:

http://i.imagehost.org/0616/darth-vaders-secret-apprentice-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg) (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0616/darth-vaders-secret-apprentice-in-soul-calibur-4)
 Kainzorus Prime
01-19-2010, 8:27 AM
That is because it is photoshopped.

Poorly I might add.
 Darth Darkus
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
That is because it is photoshopped. Compare to this:

http://i.imagehost.org/0616/darth-vaders-secret-apprentice-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg) (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0616/darth-vaders-secret-apprentice-in-soul-calibur-4)

yep that's the one....

Poorly I might add.
yeah just some overlays from other pics.. didn't take the time to blend 'em all together correctly and my PS skills aren't that great aswell.... It's enough to make the artworks for my band but it doesn't go much further than that.
 jonathan7
01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Is there a working download link for the mod?

KotOR Files Submit Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/upload/) is the link if you wanted to host them there.
 Darth Darkus
01-21-2010, 1:16 PM
I tried that before with the first dark robes skin pack I made but somehow it didn't work... I'll try it again as soon as I have the robes on a pc with internet....
 deathdisco
01-25-2010, 5:48 PM
Poorly I might add.

That's a bit harsh. Especially since it's not even part of the mod. It may not be up to the professional level but it still looks good enough for an advert for this mod.
Darth Darkus your PS skills have nowhere to go but up.
Nice mod BTW.
 purifier
01-26-2010, 2:19 PM
I think they're pretty good myself, the black colored robes are quite appealing to me most of all.

Nice job Darth Darkus. ;)
 CountVertigo
03-31-2010, 9:00 AM
These look fantastic, I've spent all day so far looking for something like this, but the link's dead. Any chance of a re-up?
Also, are the more evil outfits useable without the hoods?
 Master_Chief
05-02-2010, 2:35 AM
anyone know the codes for all the armor
 Random Nickos
05-02-2010, 5:44 AM
Try using KSE. It has an item list with names as well as codes.
 Gargoyle King
05-02-2010, 5:46 AM
It´s nice. Can you make this for Female Player?Heya, just make a copy of all the files, replace the "M" in the filename to "F" then place those files in to your override, and there, the robes will work on the female model. ;)

I know this as i always play as a female character and have done this myself. ;)
 Master_Chief
05-02-2010, 6:17 AM
Try using KSE. It has an item list with names as well as codes.

how do i check them in the kse?
 Random Nickos
05-03-2010, 5:43 AM
@Master_Chief

1. Install the mod.
2. Open KSE
3. Open the save you want to edit (make a backup just in case)
3. Open inventory
4. Click on the word inventory. It should open a master list of items on the side
5. Scroll to the side, you should be able to see the names of the items.
6. Find the items you need, in this case the robes.
7. Click on one or highlight several and click add item
8. After you have added everything you want, click commit changes.
9. Close down KSE and start your game up. The robes should be in your inventory.
 Darth Darkus
05-03-2010, 8:02 AM
ok I was pretty busy with the recordings of my band lately, so sorry to all you guys who wanted the robes from me, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I will try and upload the files to Kfiles next weekend... anyone who can't wait for approval should PM Darth Payne in the meantime!
 StarHero-D
05-08-2010, 5:44 PM
defiantly looks worthy of my orverride folder awesome compariance pic btw
 Fearless_Jedi
05-18-2010, 5:20 PM
Mad props to Darkus for these amazing robes. The second one is my all time favorite skin!

Big thanks and super mad props to Darth Payne for sending the file to me! Thanks for going out of your way for me.
 Darth Cryptic
05-20-2010, 1:35 PM
Any chance in the future of female versions of these robes?
 Gargoyle King
05-20-2010, 3:01 PM
Any chance in the future of female versions of these robes?Hey, i already posted this earlier, but to get these to work on females you gotta to do this:

Just make a copy of all the files, replace the "M" in the filename to "F" then place those files in to your override, and there, the robes will work on the female model.

I've done this myself, just curious to see if it would work and, well it did, ;)
 Darth Payne
05-21-2010, 7:01 AM
Well, i have a varient of the mod where i did this.

'files' have been renamed 'Male Robes' and a second folder has been added called 'Female Robes'.

Oddly enough, i only remembered it today due to a headache.

I can send it to anyone that wants it.
 R2-X2
05-26-2010, 4:43 PM
Nice! Who says a Jedi cant combine the Strenght of armors and the flexability of robes? :D
 Darth Payne
06-01-2010, 4:49 PM
Both versions of the mod can now be found here: Link (http://www.filefront.com/16619949/Armored-Robes-V1.0-V1.1.rar/)

V1.0 is the default mod.
V1.1 contains the aditional female skins.
 Kyr'am Galaar
07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
epic robes are epic....

Awesome robes, man.
 StarHero-D
08-05-2010, 8:16 PM
can you import these robe into kotor 1 id like that :clone: :lsduel:
 TriggerGod
08-05-2010, 8:19 PM
can you import these robe into kotor 1 id like that :clone: :lsduel:

No, when was the last time you ever saw that robe style in KOTOR 1? Never, because its only in TSL and we can't port between the games.
 StarHero-D
08-05-2010, 9:01 PM
No, when was the last time you ever saw that robe style in KOTOR 1? Never, because its only in TSL and we can't port between the games.

saw a mod once that added k2 robes into k1
 TriggerGod
08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
saw a mod once that added k2 robes into k1

Sure you aren't thinking of J7's K1 to TSL robe conversion, because K1's robes are in TSL's assets ;)

And if you did, it certainly wasn't on KotorFiles.
 StarHero-D
08-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Sure you aren't thinking of J7's K1 to TSL robe conversion, because K1's robes are in TSL's assets ;)

And if you did, it certainly wasn't on KotorFiles.

maby it is that one speaking of which i dont think ive heard of that mod send me a link?
 ArtigoQuyiter
09-16-2010, 3:09 AM
@Master_Chief

1. Install the mod.
2. Open KSE
3. Open the save you want to edit (make a backup just in case)
3. Open inventory
4. Click on the word inventory. It should open a master list of items on the side
5. Scroll to the side, you should be able to see the names of the items.
6. Find the items you need, in this case the robes.
7. Click on one or highlight several and click add item
8. After you have added everything you want, click commit changes.
9. Close down KSE and start your game up. The robes should be in your inventory.

I can't get KSE to work and I really want to use these robes.. I don't want to hijack this thread asking for KSE troubleshooting though.

Is there an easier way to get it in game? I've never really modded kotor before, so does a tool like KT allow you to just swap the model and skin of an item and rename the item?
 ganoesparan06
09-23-2010, 5:54 PM
Im confused by this mod.

Downloaded and all it is is some TGA files. No uti's or anything. So how is it meant to be in the game?
Do they replace existing robes or something?
 Darth Payne
09-23-2010, 6:29 PM
I kinda need to know the uti file names for the robes these skins are for as i'm trying to add these robes to my TSL mod.
 Darth Darkus
09-25-2010, 6:14 PM
Im confused by this mod.

Downloaded and all it is is some TGA files. No uti's or anything. So how is it meant to be in the game?
Do they replace existing robes or something?
Yes. They will overwrite some robes like the Dark Padawan and Dark Jedi Robe.
I kinda need to know the uti file names for the robes these skins are for as i'm trying to add these robes to my TSL mod.
Can you find that out by taking a look at the .tga names??? I didn't make any uti's for it so they will probably be the same as for the originals.
 hatefre
10-19-2010, 3:54 AM
it would have been nice if these came separately and didnt change the official robes ..
 Darth Darkus
10-20-2010, 5:02 AM
I think that can be done but I don't know how.... someone told me already but I forgot:argh:
Page: 1 of 2