Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I can't find override folder [Downloaded via Steam]

Page: 1 of 1
 Bibbo
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Hello all, I downloaded Kotor via Steam and I can't find my override folder. How can I still use mods that say put into override folder without finding it?
 vanir
12-26-2009, 10:47 PM
G'day mate. Sounds like you have the basic game version without the 1.0b patch update (patches to game version 2.1.0.0 as read by the swupdate utility that comes with the game).
You're going to need this update anyway, so download it at Kotorfiles and install.

This official patch places an Override folder in the main directory. It's the quickest way to tell which game version you have.

You can get around this without patching the game by just making an Override folder in the main Kotor2 directory, but it is better to patch the game because it fixes some bugs.
 Bibbo
12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
G'day mate. Sounds like you have the basic game version without the 1.0b patch update (patches to game version 2.1.0.0 as read by the swupdate utility that comes with the game).
You're going to need this update anyway, so download it at Kotorfiles and install.

This official patch places an Override folder in the main directory. It's the quickest way to tell which game version you have.

You can get around this without patching the game by just making an Override folder in the main Kotor2 directory, but it is better to patch the game because it fixes some bugs.
I'm sorry but can you give me a link? I can't seem to find it by searching. My trouble is that with Steam I can't even find my main directory. My comp says Kotor 1 is in the Steam Application. I downloaded the Kotortool and it found Kotor just fine. But I just can't seem to find any real files or folders that contain the game. (I'm running Windows XP)

Nevermind all that, I found it. Thanks again for your help!
 TriggerGod
12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry but can you give me a link? I can't seem to find it by searching. My trouble is that with Steam I can't even find my main directory. My comp says Kotor 1 is in the Steam Application. I downloaded the Kotortool and it found Kotor just fine. But I just can't seem to find any real files or folders that contain the game. (I'm running Windows XP)

Well, if KOTOR tool found your game, then it should be an easy matter to find it yourself. Just press File, then press Manage Paths. Go to your game tab, then there is your path. You can just Copy and Paste that path into Windows Explorer, and it should take you to the main folder. Or you can find it manually.
 Bibbo
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
For some reason the game is now asking me to insert a disk. I downloaded Patch 1.3 and put some files into the override folder and now it's asking me to have the disk. I deleted the files out of the override folder and it still is asking me to insert a disk. Will the newest patch fix that?
 vanir
12-27-2009, 4:51 AM
 Nirran
12-27-2009, 1:31 PM
asking for a cd because the non steam versions have the cd checking code in the exe,steam has it removed,uninstall and reinstall use the steam update(steam blows imo)

Nirran
 Bibbo
12-27-2009, 2:50 PM
asking for a cd because the non steam versions have the cd checking code in the exe,steam has it removed,uninstall and reinstall use the steam update(steam blows imo)

Nirran

I "deleted local content" and now I am re-installing hopefully this will make it work, thanks for the help guys.
 the darksider king
11-18-2010, 4:35 AM

YO!!! I GOT THE DISK GAME BUT I CANT OPEN MY OVERRIDE FOLDER AND I GOT SUM POWER MODS I WANNA GET RID OF I DELETED THE WHOLE GAME BUT THE MODS NOR FOLDER HAS CHANGED CEPT THE POWER ICONS R N DOT FORM CAN YA HELP?
Page: 1 of 1