Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bounty Hunters and Smugglers Ahoy!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darca Lar
12-09-2009, 4:12 PM
There are a lot of Jedi freaks out there dying to play the game and jump straight into a Jedi class. I would usually find myself in the same position, but I have a strong craving to be either a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler because it sounds different and a lot more fun! Who's with me? Bounty Hunter or Smuggler?
 Jeff
12-09-2009, 4:21 PM
After Jedi, I think Bounty Hunter looks the coolest. While I think Smuggler's story will be great, I am just not that appealed by their gameplay style I guess.
 Tommycat
12-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Well having played a scoundrel in KOTOR, and playing a pistols smuggler in SWG, I'm sticking with smuggler.

Ya know there is something else to think about... I mean Scoundrel and Scout had more skill points to spend than Jedi did. I wonder if they are going to kinda follow that method. Once people see that Jedi and Sith get fewer skill points(but it's not too unfair because they get force powers), they may jump to smuggler/soldier/BH/Assasin.
 Pho3nix
12-11-2009, 6:50 AM
I'll probably go Smuggler or Trooper right away, and then start a Jedi/Sith as an alt.
 Alexrd
12-11-2009, 7:39 AM
If the Bounty Hunter can hunt other players, then I'll choose BH.
 Rathmond Dorchadas
12-16-2009, 4:14 AM
If the Bounty Hunter can hunt other players, then I'll choose BH.

I am going Bounty Hunter also and I also want to be able to hunt other players.

I have heard people complain its not fair for the light side not bing able to claim bounties...

Perhaps BH's could be a neutral class or you have to chose which side your BH leans towards. Empire or Republic.

Then I hear people say they will farm bounties on them selfs.

Coding can solve this.

***enter the name of player you like to be killed***

***Billy***

***Who can claim the bounty***

[] guild lists
[] friends list
[] good rep bounty hunters.

ect.....

Good Hunting all :thmbup1:
 darthfergie
12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Trooper?

I want to blow crap up.
I've always wanted to play a Dark Trooper. That's basically what they are advertising with their heavy trooper. I'm all over it.
 RogueJedi86
12-16-2009, 2:41 PM
Where's the option for Trooper? I don't want to be a Smuggler or BH, but the "Bah! I'm Jedi/Sith all the way!" doesn't apply to me since I hate them and want to be a Trooper. While we're at it, what about the Agents? Don't be Class-ist! :P

*edit*
Maybe Troopers could function as BHs for the Republic. You are part of the elite Omega Squad for the Republic, maybe the Republic could send you out on Assassination Missions.

And to contrast Fergie, I see Trooper as a Clone Trooper, which I've always wanted to be. So I'm rolling Trooper because of the GAR. :)
 Darca Lar
12-20-2009, 9:26 PM
haha! I just wanted to address the other possible classes not usually seen because I suspect there will no doubt be countless saber-wielding characters when this game finally launches.
 RogueJedi86
12-20-2009, 9:29 PM
Well right now it seems like most non-Jedi players will be rolling BH and Smuggler anyways, so where's the love for Troopers and Agents? Maybe I need to make a similar thread for the underdog Troopers/Agents who aren't rolling the ever-popular BHs and Smugglers. :P
 Feagildin
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm looking forward to playing BH, because: a) both my RL friends who are serious about playing want to go Sith faction and b) I like fire! :devburn: (And BH seems closer to a trooper than agent does, to me at least)
 Miltiades
04-17-2010, 2:02 PM
Normally, I'm on the light side, but the Bounty Hunter appeals to me most. I play as a Rogue-type in most RPG's, and the Bounty Hunter to me seems closest to that, in that they're a very independent and resourceful type of people who's allegiances are unsure and ever-changing and they get all the freedom to develop their own morals, while the Smuggler has more and stronger bonds to people, giving them less freedom and also making them more inclined to choose the Republic over the Sith out of principles. At least, that's how I see it. Besides, Bounty Hunters have nicer armor anyway. :)
 RogueJedi86
04-17-2010, 2:06 PM
Wouldn't Imperial Agent fit the Rogue-type most? They have all of what you said, plus stealth like Rogues.
 Alexrd
04-17-2010, 2:31 PM
Wouldn't Imperial Agent fit the Rogue-type most? They have all of what you said, plus stealth like Rogues.

I think the Imperial Agent and the Smuggler fit the Rogue-type class.
 Miltiades
04-19-2010, 6:12 AM
Combat-wise, yeah, I guess so. The Bounty Hunter is more the equivalent of the Trooper in that regard. But I was aiming at their purpose, their personality. I see the Agent as having a certain amount of freedom, but having a fixed allegiance, instilled with a code true to the ideals of the Sith. However, I think those three classes can be seen as different types of Rogues. Not that it really matters what class they correspond to from a whole other universe. :)
 RogueJedi86
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Agents are tied to the Empire, same as Bounty Hunters, just a fact of gameplay. With that in mind, Agent is definitely closest. Rogues are famous for stealth, which Bounty Hunters can't, and not for jetpacks, which BHs can. :P
 Darca Lar
04-19-2010, 4:26 PM
Normally, I'm on the light side, but the Bounty Hunter appeals to me most. I play as a Rogue-type in most RPG's, and the Bounty Hunter to me seems closest to that, in that they're a very independent and resourceful type of people who's allegiances are unsure and ever-changing and they get all the freedom to develop their own morals, while the Smuggler has more and stronger bonds to people, giving them less freedom and also making them more inclined to choose the Republic over the Sith out of principles. At least, that's how I see it. Besides, Bounty Hunters have nicer armor anyway. :)

I agree. That's what appeals to me the most about Bounty Hunters too. It's sort of that "I'm only in it for the money" persona. And their armor is very impressive, as well as their assorted array of guns. The smuggler to me is more of the "break the law, but don't get caught" kind of person. Of course, that could basically be the definition in and of itself. Bottom line: I like the Bounty Hunter.
 Mav
04-19-2010, 9:02 PM
Smuggler, Imma be the drug dealer of the universe sucka
 Gurges-Ahter
04-19-2010, 9:09 PM
I will only play either of these classes after I've finished 1 force-wielding class from each side (most likely Sith Inquisitor, followed by Jedi Consular). Between the two I'm leaning toward Bounty Hunter. I only hope I have enough time/dedication to go through all 8 classes, eventually.
 Miltiades
04-20-2010, 8:48 AM
Agents are tied to the Empire, same as Bounty Hunters, just a fact of gameplay. With that in mind, Agent is definitely closest. Rogues are famous for stealth, which Bounty Hunters can't, and not for jetpacks, which BHs can. :P I'm gonna kick ass with my Bounty Hunter, let's leave it at that. :D
 Knyght
05-01-2010, 3:00 PM
Smuggler is the best!
 dswtor
07-25-2010, 1:06 PM
wow im surprised smugglers winning. dont get me wrong it seems like a fun class but not like its going to be a popular one.
 Caius Fett
08-15-2011, 1:58 AM
BH
Jetpacks, Wrist Launchers and Flame Throwers....Nuf Said!
 Droma Nise
10-26-2011, 9:19 PM
There are a lot of Jedi freaks out there dying to play the game and jump straight into a Jedi class. I would usually find myself in the same position, but I have a strong craving to be either a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler because it sounds different and a lot more fun! Who's with me? Bounty Hunter or Smuggler?

I lean towards Smuggler, though i plan to play what i can. It is different and thus has a different approach
Page: 1 of 1