Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Class Anouncement: Jedi Consular

Page: 1 of 1
 Ztalker
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Check it out. (http://swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-consular) The link itself:
http://swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-consular)

So...looks like...a tank/healer to me? Something of a Paladin.
Very interesting approach. It seems both Jedi classes will be melee orientated.
 RogueJedi86
12-04-2009, 12:36 PM
The announce isn't new, but the holonet page is, you should edit your subject title to reflect that. :P
 Ztalker
12-04-2009, 1:00 PM
Too late :xp: it's up to the mods now...
 gstommylee
12-04-2009, 4:45 PM
Jedi Consular is a range class that specializes in force powers over Melee.
 Tobias Reiper
12-04-2009, 6:21 PM
I lulz at the fact that you can just switch specializations at any moment.
It's like how I'm can't dance but I can play games, and could just say 'I'M GOOD AT DANCIN' NAO" And go disco partying.
 Nedak
12-04-2009, 6:59 PM
What's the deal with the huge Vibroblades?
 Hallucination
12-04-2009, 7:21 PM
If you asked me just yesterday I would have had no idea that this would be the next class. :p
 Jeff
12-04-2009, 7:37 PM
I lulz at the fact that you can just switch specializations at any moment.
It's like how I'm can't dance but I can play games, and could just say 'I'M GOOD AT DANCIN' NAO" And go disco partying.After reading one of Darthhater.com's articles, they go into a little more detail about that and I guess you can't switch back and forth until you unlock both paths, so presumably there are quests involved in unlocking each one.
 Ztalker
12-05-2009, 6:36 AM
Jedi Consular is a range class that specializes in force powers over Melee.

Ehm. Did you click the link? Just wanted to make sure I didn't just foolishly watch a consular fighting in melee...

I haven't read some articles though, if you could link me a source that says they are ranged, I'd appreciate it :)
 Alexrd
12-05-2009, 6:50 AM
Ehm. Did you click the link? Just wanted to make sure I didn't just foolishly watch a consular fighting in melee...

And who said he can't fight in melee?
 Jeff
12-05-2009, 11:39 AM
They are primarily a ranged / support class, but of course they can also do melee fights, they are Jedi...
 Ztalker
12-05-2009, 2:55 PM
They are primarily a ranged / support class, but of course they can also do melee fights, they are Jedi...

Hmm...a mix between Priest and Paladin from WoW then? Where the Jedi Knight will be a mix between Warrior and Paladin? It's hard not to compare it to WoW honestly...
 Jeff
12-05-2009, 3:06 PM
I don't really see a similar class in WoW for the Consular, because their two specializations are healing / buffs and then ranged dps, but they can also hold their own in melee combat, so at first you'd think priest and mage, but obviously they are cut down quickly if an enemy gets to them. I'm not really sure if there will be a difference in their melee ability for whether they are a healer or dps though.
 Ztalker
12-06-2009, 7:29 AM
I don't really see a similar class in WoW for the Consular, because their two specializations are healing / buffs and then ranged dps, but they can also hold their own in melee combat, so at first you'd think priest and mage, but obviously they are cut down quickly if an enemy gets to them. I'm not really sure if there will be a difference in their melee ability for whether they are a healer or dps though.

Yeah...I just have a little trouble defining what they really are. :) But Priest/Mage sounds good :)
 Miltiades
12-06-2009, 8:51 AM
What's with the double-bladed lightsaber? It's not preferred by Consulars in every other era. I can't find any Consular who uses a double-bladed lightsaber. In KotOR, it was mostly efficient for the Guardian, so I assumed the Jedi Knight, who's supposed to be the combat-oriented class, would benefit more from a double-bladed lightsaber than a class that specializes more in ranged combat. I guess not.
 Alexrd
12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
What's with the double-bladed lightsaber?

If you don't like it, just choose a single one. It's not such a big problem.
 Jeff
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
What's with the double-bladed lightsaber? It's not preferred by Consulars in every other era. I can't find any Consular who uses a double-bladed lightsaber. In KotOR, it was mostly efficient for the Guardian, so I assumed the Jedi Knight, who's supposed to be the combat-oriented class, would benefit more from a double-bladed lightsaber than a class that specializes more in ranged combat. I guess not.Yeah I didn't particularly care for that either. Honestly I am not a fan of Jedi using double bladed lightsabers at all, but at least the screenshots of the Consular have a single bladed so it's not mandatory.
 Tobias Reiper
12-06-2009, 2:04 PM
What's with the double-bladed lightsaber? It's not preferred by Consulars in every other era. I can't find any Consular who uses a double-bladed lightsaber. In KotOR, it was mostly efficient for the Guardian, so I assumed the Jedi Knight, who's supposed to be the combat-oriented class, would benefit more from a double-bladed lightsaber than a class that specializes more in ranged combat. I guess not.

Perhaps it would be useful; a weapon that does a lot of damage could be a useful fallback when your Force Bar is depleted.
 Rake
12-11-2009, 1:28 PM
I'm thinking they went with the double-bladed for consulars because I'm betting the vision, at high levels especially, for the jedi knight and sith warrior involve heavy armor, which makes it hard to jump around like Darth Maul. So they just stuck the double-blade with the cloth wearing consulars.
 RogueJedi86
12-11-2009, 1:29 PM
Plus double-bladed gives much better reflecting chance, which would help protect the Consulars and Inquisitors with their low armor compared to Knights/Warriors.
Page: 1 of 1