Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help with mods

Page: 1 of 1
 bliznez
12-01-2009, 4:59 PM
Hey, guys
I have a problem here- basicly, when i got kotor2 and tried 2 install it, it would crash evry launch
So, i dlded crash for vista- fix (DLL file)
It didnt help
so i went to the starwarsknights forums, and searched 4 help there- got a fixed exe file, and it worked (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fully; i installed mods like full force mods, the hak pad, and so far they work, but the majority of other mods suddenely stopped working (Handy force powers mod, floating saber mod, and many others, including objects)
I put files into override, just like i did be4 on the XP Machine (Where it all worked fine)
But ingame they simply do not appear! I tried the cheats to ggive items, etc..
The kotor save game editor doesnt work on vista AT ALL, so i couldnt use it to add items out- of- game
(When i launch the KSE programe, it just doesnt appear at all- simple as that- not even CTD, nothing!)
Please help
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey, guys
I have a problem here- basicly, when i got kotor2 and tried 2 install it, it would crash evry launch
So, i dlded crash for vista- fix (DLL file)
It didnt help
so i went to the starwarsknights forums, and searched 4 help there- got a fixed exe file, and it worked (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fully; i installed mods like full force mods, the hak pad, and so far they work, but the majority of other mods suddenely stopped working (Handy force powers mod, floating saber mod, and many others, including objects)
I put files into override, just like i did be4 on the XP Machine (Where it all worked fine)
But ingame they simply do not appear! I tried the cheats to ggive items, etc..
The kotor save game editor doesnt work on vista AT ALL, so i couldnt use it to add items out- of- game
(When i launch the KSE programe, it just doesnt appear at all- simple as that- not even CTD, nothing!)
Please help
This topic would be more appropriate, I believe, in the workbench... However, I think I can help you a bit... did you install the mods using a compatibility mode? As an administrator? If other mods are working, then obviously you have installed some mods differently than you have others.

For Vista/Win7, you need to pay attention to your total install, and remain consistent in your method. Install mods the way you installed your game, and you should be ok. As for KSE, I have not tried to use it in Win7... I only installed the games to verify that they would work, I have not played KotOR/TSL in some time. I think that KSE should work, using compatibility mode, but I may be wrong. I will edit this post if I have a moment today to double check.
 Totenkopf
12-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, when I had KOTOR going on Vista (before switching back to XP), I had to use compatability mode to get it to run and had two weird problems with that OS. Many of my games were being saved in a virtual directory (ie my saves folder was empty) and a number of spell2.da mods didn't work. I was able to use KSE with Vista, though.
 bliznez
12-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Eerm....... qu_gon_glen dude, Look:rolleyes: i just got the mod from filefront, ok?and in winrar just doubleclicked on tslpatcher, and it did it all itself! ( i guess it just ran in normal mode) and i checked in override, and new files Were there installed.
As for the KSE (And its Really annoying now) it just DOES NOT LAUNCH!
I mean, i tried ALL possible compatibilit modes, etc.....
and in a task manager i saw the KSE process coming up for A SECOND- and then disappearing......
i dunno, maybe its the way my vista is set? Cause i tried it on uni computers (Running Win 7) and it WORKED PERFECTL, i didnt even do any compatibilitty settings!
Oh yea- thanx for the realy fast response- i mean, Reallt........ oh, actually- two responses! (On filefront i had to wait like a week, lol)
 ForeverNight
01-01-2010, 1:04 PM
Alright, please learn to type out words as opposed to this weird hybrid between Text-Speak and normal English.

Got that out of the way, I'm still trying to figure out what the entirety of the first post meant.

What q_g_g meant was that if you used Windows 2000 Compatibility Mode to install TSL, use it when you install mods though the TSL patcher.

I'm going to toss in that you should have extracted the files with WinRAR as opposed to just opening up the archive, less issues that way. I don't have any idea why the KSE doesn't launch on Vista (I haven't tried it on my Vista system yet), so I can't help you there.

As for talking about a 'fixed' EXE, that's a major faux-pas here, since we only work on the continued good favor of LucasArts.

But that's for a mod to say.
Page: 1 of 1