Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Neri Discusses New Classes

Page: 1 of 1
 News
11-23-2009, 3:20 PM
Speaking to SW:TOR blog DarthHater, Jake Neri has given some of his insight into what the inspirations were for the final two classes for The Old Republic: the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor. We talked a lot today about being able to customize your classes in a number of different directions. When you think of Sith [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/jedi-neri-discusses-new-classes/)
 Nedak
11-23-2009, 6:42 PM
I'm done.. I've given up on this game.

I stuck up for this game for so long... Micro-transactions and two Jedi+Sith classes.. That's it. **** Bioware.
 gstommylee
11-23-2009, 6:52 PM

I stuck up for this game for so long... Micro-transactions and two Jedi+Sith classes.. That's it. **** Bioware.

Umm bioware hasn't announced the business model yet and so what there is two Jedi and Sith its not like they don't have any other concepts to go on that's both heroic and ties to the movies.
 Jeff
11-23-2009, 6:56 PM
Wow did I really write "Jedi Neri"? :fist: Fixed on the website but kept here for lulz.
 Nedak
11-23-2009, 7:39 PM
Umm bioware hasn't announced the business model yet and so what there is two Jedi and Sith its not like they don't have any other concepts to go on that's both heroic and ties to the movies.

They have announced it in an interview (darthhater).

There won't be any more classes, they announced the two last ones. Why would anybody want two Jedi and Sith classes? That is completely unbalanced and horrible for the MMO experience. No healing classes? They really couldn't have thought of anything better?
 Jeff
11-23-2009, 7:53 PM
They have announced it in an interview (darthhater).

There won't be any more classes, they announced the two last ones. Why would anybody want two Jedi and Sith classes? That is completely unbalanced and horrible for the MMO experience. No healing classes? They really couldn't have thought of anything better?Apparently one of the paths the Consular can take is healing, according to this interview at mmorpg.com (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3229640#3229640) that is translated from the magazine, but I haven't confirmed it yet as I don't see where on those 2 pages an interview would be since it looks like the class overviews and the Inquisitor quest writeup take up both pages. If anyone knows this is actually in that magazine, I'll post it up on the site (interview is at the bottom of the first post of that link).
 jrrtoken
11-23-2009, 7:54 PM
My largest irritation by this is that all classes are essentially analogous to each other, even if it's intra-faction. There is little discernible difference between a Soldier and a Smuggler, and Knight to Consular; they all use either firearms/Force, just in different terms and specializations of thereof. The same can be said for Bounty Hunter-Agent, and Inquisitor-Warrior. If this analogy is applied to gameplay, then I can see no real quest variation per class, sans "flavor" material.That's it. **** Bioware.The Mandalorians were right to respect you in the field of battle...
 Miltiades
11-23-2009, 8:16 PM
Disappointed by this, as well. Even though it was hard to find ideas for another two classes, I really hoped they'd find something original as opposed to another two Force-sensitive classes. This really sucks, in my opinion.
 Nedak
11-23-2009, 8:16 PM
I've been corrected about the micro transactions.

Either way, I am severely disappointed. I knew the game would have lots of Jedi and I was fine with that, until they decided to make Jedi the focal point by introducing two new classes..

I just want another sandbox MMO, with diverse classes.
 gstommylee
11-23-2009, 9:43 PM
I've been corrected about the micro transactions.

Either way, I am severely disappointed. I knew the game would have lots of Jedi and I was fine with that, until they decided to make Jedi the focal point by introducing two new classes..

I just want another sandbox MMO, with diverse classes.

There are other possibilities that bioware could go with but the trouble is it being heroic combat and is tied to the movies that eliminated several possibilities for the initial launch. They may add more via expansions.

Yea right now its just speculation on what the business model could be and since they are talking about a world wide release not all countries follow the western standard of 15/m subscription
 adamqd
11-24-2009, 7:10 AM
Wow did I really write "Jedi Neri"? :fist: Fixed on the website but kept here for lulz.

lol just caught that :)... I thought "WhoTF is Jedi neri? some forumite taking it to the next level?"

To be honest It's not a shock, from day one I knew this game would be trying hard to please two types of people, therefore being a questionable Hybrid (until we know more at least)

I still cringe at the "well the inquisitor, he's like the Palpatine/Lightning Guy :smileyface:"
kid fodder.
 Zerimar Nyliram
11-24-2009, 7:36 AM
I don't get it, Jedi Consular is a different class than Jedi Knight? I thought the three types of Jedi from this period - Guardian, Sentinel, and Consular - were all subdivisions of the Jedi Knight rank (though they evidently begin working toward their selected class as Padawans, as can be seen in KOTOR)?

Well, this sucks for me. I always pick Consular because I love focusing on honing my Force powers, yet the Jedi Knight class just sounds like the class. The one that you just have to try first. I hope they're both relatively even as far as use of the Force goes.

[Edit] Also, here's an idea for variation within the Jedi Order: How about Jedi Master? The quest would be entirely different from a Jedi Knight in that one is more of a swashbuckling soldier and the other is a respected higher-up with much wisdom and prominence. You could even throw in Padawan for a quest where you are new to the Order and just learning the ways of the Jedi. I don't know how much difference these classes would allow as far as functionality goes, but at least it provides for vastly different story paths.

The Sith equivalents could be Sith Lord, Sith Master (someone who trains students, like Uthar Wynn or Yuthura Ban) and Apprentice.
 RogueJedi86
11-24-2009, 9:05 AM
Put me in the disappointed field, I wanted there to be only 2 Force classes total, 1 per side. At least when there was only 1 Force class per side, all the Force nubs would either roll that or end up playing one of the non-Force classes(who were the only alternative). Now all the Force nubs who don't wanna roll a Knight/Warrior will have the option of a Consular/Inquisitor too. I liked the idea of 3/4 non-Force classes to balance out the majority of people rolling Force classes.
 darthfergie
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Put me in the disappointed field, I wanted there to be only 2 Force classes total, 1 per side. At least when there was only 1 Force class per side, all the Force nubs would either roll that or end up playing one of the non-Force classes(who were the only alternative). Now all the Force nubs who don't wanna roll a Knight/Warrior will have the option of a Consular/Inquisitor too. I liked the idea of 3/4 non-Force classes to balance out the majority of people rolling Force classes.

Ditto.
Add to that it increases the mystique that the Jedi have. I understand they are saying that in this time there a bazillions of Jedi, but I'm sorry, my mind says Jedi are rare and even if there are lots of Jedi in this time, 50% of the populace is certainly not Jedi.

I liked the classes so far. Heavy Trooper/BH, Light Smuggler/Int, then the Force Sensitives JK/SW. These two just add a bit of iffiness to everything. In my mind they don't immediately fit into the puzzle. Maybe Bioware can help me see their puzzle a little better with more info, but at this point I'm perplexed.
:eets:
 Ztalker
11-24-2009, 5:15 PM

If this is true, there will be no droid, mando or other interesting classes added. Which will mean all will play a Jedi. I'm guilty too. I would probably only leave my potential LS Sith for an Assassin droid or bad-ass Mando.
 Hallucination
11-24-2009, 9:50 PM
You can just add me to the group saying 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU'. But you have to admit, it did seem like they were running out of creative steam when released they said they based the Infiltrator on Tarkin and Wessel. o_Q
 TKA-001
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
You can just add me to the group saying 'FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU'. But you have to admit, it did seem like they were running out of creative steam when released they said they based the Infiltrator on Tarkin and Wessel. o_Q
I personally think that they ran out of creative steam before they even wrote the story for this game.
 Hallucination
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
I didn't know you had a script, can I see your copy? :P
 Web Rider
11-25-2009, 2:42 AM
They really couldn't have thought of anything better?

Because making an MMO with obvious Tank, DPS, Healing, and Ranged classes is really original.

Really, I am very confused as to why everyone wants to see a WoW clone in every MMO just with another face. You know what sucks about WoW? Defined classes. You tank, you heal, or you dps. If you play a class that players have determined are only good for that and you can't do that, you might as well not play the game. There's no originality there, there's nothing new, it's just the same old junk repeated over and over.

You people who complain about TOR not thinking outside the box because it doesn't have the "standard" classes, need to stop and re-read what you just said. How can you be "outside the box" when you don't want a single new feature in the game?
 True_Avery
11-25-2009, 2:55 AM
Because making an MMO with obvious Tank, DPS, Healing, and Ranged classes is really original.

Really, I am very confused as to why everyone wants to see a WoW clone in every MMO just with another face. You know what sucks about WoW? Defined classes. You tank, you heal, or you dps. If you play a class that players have determined are only good for that and you can't do that, you might as well not play the game. There's no originality there, there's nothing new, it's just the same old junk repeated over and over.

You people who complain about TOR not thinking outside the box because it doesn't have the "standard" classes, need to stop and re-read what you just said. How can you be "outside the box" when you don't want a single new feature in the game?
This. A thousand times, this.

I played WoW for 4 years. I'm done with WoW, and never want to play it ever again.

Champions Online had my attention for awhile and it has a set up similar to whats going on with TOR, and Champion's was fantastic (except for broken PVP, but that is primarily because the game was built entirely around PvE).
 RogueJedi86
11-25-2009, 3:07 AM
I never said I want the typical WoW classes. I just don't want 2 Force classes. Hell, Consular/Inquisitor DO fit the typical WoW long range caster archetype; So us wanting other classes besides Consular/Inquisitor is us wanting TOR to NOT copy WoW, not us wanting it to copy it more.

Plus I've voiced my concerns on how this will affect player base earlier in this thread.
 Lord of Hunger
11-25-2009, 4:01 AM
I actually like the idea for Consular/Inquisitor because the current two classes are too melee based and I was worried about that. I also wish that if people criticize LA and Bioware, they at least say something new and well-informed rather than just say "**** you, LA and Bioware!!!!!" because the endless threads of that is just repetitive.

And if anyone says "then don't read the threads" my response is "then don't play TOR".
 adamqd
11-25-2009, 7:19 AM
You tank, you heal, or you dps. If you play a class that players have determined are only good for that and you can't do that, you might as well not play the game. There's no originality there, there's nothing new, it's just the same old junk repeated over and over.

^^This^^ One thing that bugged me about SWG/WOW was that when you hit PVP, your armor, weapons, title, stood you out as a certain class, ie; a certain skill set, so, the first thing said was "OK, adamqd is a medic, /assist on him, then the officer will fall, and the DPS and tankers will have no Action or Heals... then we finish em off". Takes away the appeal of PVP when everyone on the planet knows how to kill you and what to avoid. I like the idea that it wont be so easy to strategize in battle, because the person you are fighting could be a number of skill set builds, within the same Class.
 Tobias Reiper
11-25-2009, 8:14 AM

You know, I really hate to say it, but I kind of agree.
Bioware made a stupid, STUPID move, and an uncreative one at that, but I'm still going to get it, and compare one class to it's counterpart: Jedi to Consular, to see what's the difference.
 RogueJedi86
11-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Just because I can't think of alternatives doesn't BioWare can't. I would've never imagined Imperial Agent, but here it is. Any random guy could think of adding 2 more Force classes. BioWare could've given us something more creative, like how they shook up the "gun guy" archetype with classes like the Smuggler and Agent.
 TKA-001
11-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I didn't know you had a script, can I see your copy? :P
...do I need to be able to produce a better idea in order to identify a bad one?
 Hallucination
11-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm just saying we don't seem to know too much of the story, so it's hard to judge it very well. o_Q
 RogueJedi86
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
All we know of the Trooper story is that they're part of the Elite Omega Squadron for the Republic. It's VERY hard to second guess the game's stories at this point. Could you have predicted KotOR's story before it came out? No? Then how can you predict TOR's stories?
 Tommycat
11-25-2009, 9:54 PM
I'm disappointed in their decision to add 2 force users per side. I mean I would rather they had something like Sith Engineer/Republic Slicer as the last 2. Someone who would fight by alternate means. Setting traps, overloading consoles, disabling weapons.

Disappointed, but I'll still give it a shot. Who knows maybe I'll really dig it.
 Nedak
11-26-2009, 2:52 AM
I was just making the point that they were obviously going for the Tank, Rogue, and DPS type of classes... So why not a healer?

I don't like WoW, but you know what else I don't like? ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC. I'm so sick of hearing that word; it's become such a cliche. I don't want to be limited to all of those non-force sensitive classes...I don't want to be limited to either Jedi or a bunch of 'less epic' classes. I want original classes, not one class that is duplicated with slight modifications.

Wow you know me so well. :thmbup1:

Star Wars Galaxies (pre-NGE) was/is my favorite MMO of all time, if that isn't thinking outside the box I don't know what is. And comparing SWTOR to that...It is EXTREMELY unoriginal.

Now I know, it's not fair to compare SWG and SWTOR, but how can you not? They are both Star Wars MMOs.

I didn't mind if there was going to be generic WoW modeled classes ("not minding" is the key point), I just wanted some diversity, because I don't want to be Force Sensitive!

Lastly, what new features are you talking about? The story and voiced features? Nothing they have released so far supports that they're brining anything "new" to the MMO genre, besides a linear story and some voiced combat options (which we've seen in most all Bioware RPGs).

Just because I can't think of alternatives doesn't BioWare can't. I would've never imagined Imperial Agent, but here it is. Any random guy could think of adding 2 more Force classes. BioWare could've given us something more creative, like how they shook up the "gun guy" archetype with classes like the Smuggler and Agent.
Really? You didn't guess that there would be a Spy class to counterpart the Smuggler Republic class? Gee...
 Darth Avlectus
11-26-2009, 4:04 AM
I would have liked to have known I could play a sentient droid or cyborg if I wanted to. Then I could call myself General Beavis.

In all actuality I'm not judging this before it's finally out of the box, but I'd hoped it would have focused on other classes. All you are going to have are Jedi and lightsabers. Not that this is bad, but I actually did like some of the older titles where you played an ordinary person thrust into an extraordinary situation instead of always being a fantastical lightsaber wielding jedi/sith. Bounty hunter may not have been the greatest w.r.t. gameplay mechanics, but I think it did well to make an interesting story.

The reasons more than anything else to play, I think, is to socialize like we do here, co op, find out the storyline elements, and more or less make our own story/game. There are the hardcore explorers, status-ticians, etc. Then people just doing it casually, for fun. It looks bad, and it might just be a disappointment, but then again we could be wrong. It might not be what we're used to thinking it is. We won't know until it's here.

This coming fom some guy whose computer probably won't handle it nor could afford it anyway b/c he has most his family's property tied up in his name. And was neutral on this mmo to begin with.
 Tommycat
11-26-2009, 6:11 AM
I just hope there's enough diversity in the other classes that having 4 classes out of 8 be force users doesn't feel limiting.
 DAWUSS
11-28-2009, 3:53 PM
Now I know, it's not fair to compare SWG and SWTOR, but how can you not? They are both Star Wars MMOs.

Considering that (IIRC) many people who gave us the NGE are the same people working on this...

FWIS, this is basically the NGE from a blank slate.
 RogueJedi86
11-28-2009, 4:08 PM
I have heard rumors that TOR is basically NGE from the ground up, with the shooter gameplay and iconic classes. Maybe the NGE done right. And to be fair, TOR also has developers who worked on the original pre-CU/NGE SWG.
 Hallucination
11-28-2009, 5:41 PM
I have heard rumors that TOR is basically NGE from the ground up, with the shooter gameplay and iconic classes. Maybe the NGE done right. And to be fair, TOR also has developers who worked on the original pre-CU/NGE SWG.But TOR doesn't have shooter gameplay, at least according to all the videos and the hotbar.
 RogueJedi86
11-28-2009, 5:53 PM
NGE has a hotbar too, still shooter.
 Jeff
11-28-2009, 7:35 PM
From the demo videos we've seen it's pretty clear that the game doesn't have any real shooter mechanics, it's more just auto-attack and abilities.
 Tommycat
11-28-2009, 8:33 PM
To be fair to the NGE, IF it hadn't replaced classic SWG I think it might have done well. If it was a second game rather than a wipe over the CU/pre-CU SWG, it would likely not have had such a bad rap. Lets face it most of the problems were because NGE was overlayed on a game that was not originally intended for that style of gameplay. Had the NGE been say SWGII and set post Episode VI I believe more people would have cheered it on. BUT since it essentially neutered SWG and was so horribly buggy at first that the game was darn near unplayable, it goes down as a massive blunder.

@Jeff: Well to be fair NGE now is less shooter than it was when they started it. TOR does kinda look like SWG-NGE done right. Which in my book is a big plus. Perhaps, SWG might move itself back a bit more to the CU/pre-CU type of game, with enough expertise options available to get the old 32 professions. I doubt they would actually roll it back though, just keep adding expertise until it's a lot closer to pre-CU.
 Ztalker
11-30-2009, 5:28 PM
But TOR doesn't have shooter gameplay, at least according to all the videos and the hotbar.

AHA! So you DO have a script. You confirmed that it doesn't contain shooter scenes! Wait...that's actually not good.

*flee*
 Nedak
11-30-2009, 6:35 PM
I really hope that BHs can hunt Player Jedi...

With half the classes being Jedi, more to go around ;)
 Hallucination
11-30-2009, 8:52 PM
AHA! So you DO have a script.
I wish. o_Q
 RogueJedi86
11-30-2009, 9:10 PM
Why limit it to just hunting Jedi? There's more than just Jedi who commit crimes. Lots of guys who skip out on a court hearing who have to be brought in or whatever. Boba Fett was a famous bounty hunter, and he started hunting after the Jedi were wiped out.
 Nedak
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Why limit it to just hunting Jedi? There's more than just Jedi who commit crimes. Lots of guys who skip out on a court hearing who have to be brought in or whatever. Boba Fett was a famous bounty hunter, and he started hunting after the Jedi were wiped out.

Hunting others seems fine to me, but I would at least like to hunt Jedi ;)
 Deft Aklin
12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
What everyone needs to take into account is this simple fact; No matter WHAT BioWare did, there was going to be a heavy HEAVY Jedi/Sith population. What they have accomplished with the final two class releases is ensure that the game has that plethora of Jedi/Sith assume different roles by class/spec selection. Therefore, we should see less of the grouping problems that hurt WoW.

I think people need to stop focusing on the amount of Jedi/Sith in the game. The time period was selected so they could get away with that. They planned for this from the beginning. Think SWG when they released the Combat Upgrade; just about everyone rushed off to try to do the Jedi quests. When they released the NGE; just about everyone that wasn't a Jedi, became one. Yes, it eventually leveled out. Yes it was terrible. But that game was set in an era when Jedi were supposed to be beyond rare. This one, the war between the Jedi and Sith has not yet decimated the population of force users. Palpatine and Vader have not gone on their galaxy wide Force user hunt. Force users are quite common in this time frame. So... what is the argument against them?
 Ztalker
12-02-2009, 4:09 PM
What everyone needs to take into account is this simple fact; No matter WHAT BioWare did, there was going to be a heavy HEAVY Jedi/Sith population. What they have accomplished with the final two class releases is ensure that the game has that plethora of Jedi/Sith assume different roles by class/spec selection. Therefore, we should see less of the grouping problems that hurt WoW.

I think people need to stop focusing on the amount of Jedi/Sith in the game. The time period was selected so they could get away with that. They planned for this from the beginning. Think SWG when they released the Combat Upgrade; just about everyone rushed off to try to do the Jedi quests. When they released the NGE; just about everyone that wasn't a Jedi, became one. Yes, it eventually leveled out. Yes it was terrible. But that game was set in an era when Jedi were supposed to be beyond rare. This one, the war between the Jedi and Sith has not yet decimated the population of force users. Palpatine and Vader have not gone on their galaxy wide Force user hunt. Force users are quite common in this time frame. So... what is the argument against them?

That the other 2 classes will be discriminated in terms of content and/or grouping. The class that is played the most is probably the class that people know the best, which have the most forum posts and guides written for them.
Look at the rogues from WoW. I see very few of them. Mainly because there are 'easier' ways of DPS-ing. And hacking stuff with a lightsaber is easier then shooting it from a crouched position miles away whilst using seventeen skills...which are useless against aformentioned saber.
 Deft Aklin
12-03-2009, 1:14 AM
That the other 2 classes will be discriminated in terms of content and/or grouping. The class that is played the most is probably the class that people know the best, which have the most forum posts and guides written for them.
Look at the rogues from WoW. I see very few of them. Mainly because there are 'easier' ways of DPS-ing. And hacking stuff with a lightsaber is easier then shooting it from a crouched position miles away whilst using seventeen skills...which are useless against aformentioned saber.

Where are you getting your information from though? We have to, on good faith, assume the devs are truthful in that classes will be balanced appropriately. We have no evidence that any class will overpower another.

The reason you don't see many Rogues is not because there are easier ways to DPS, but because all the people that did play rogues now play other classes because the Devs have nerfed them to no end. This balancing ebb and flow of classes happens in all games and you will see it in TOR as well. Best to prepare for the eventuality that you will be forced to adapt to either play against, or make the current FOTM. It's a GREAT way for the devs to give the PvPers more content without actually giving them anything.

In any event, I would honestly expect that the devs will actually give MORE to the non force user classes simply to help balance things out. This is actually a good part of what helps cause the FOTM mindset to begin with. Whatever class is currently weakest or least popular is the one you should be grinding in your spare time as the devs will soon change that. Personally, I have a feeling that Imperial Agents and Smugglers will be the OP classes to be beat. Simple reason; Fire on the run. I'm not even sure IAs will get it, but Smugglers have already had it announced, and quite frankly, that will hurt the FU classes. If you truly believe saber block will be invincible, you need to take into account that it is also going to be an activated ability, which means, it will not run indefinitely.
 Ztalker
12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Where are you getting your information from though? We have to, on good faith, assume the devs are truthful in that classes will be balanced appropriately. We have no evidence that any class will overpower another.

The reason you don't see many Rogues is not because there are easier ways to DPS, but because all the people that did play rogues now play other classes because the Devs have nerfed them to no end. This balancing ebb and flow of classes happens in all games and you will see it in TOR as well. Best to prepare for the eventuality that you will be forced to adapt to either play against, or make the current FOTM. It's a GREAT way for the devs to give the PvPers more content without actually giving them anything.

In any event, I would honestly expect that the devs will actually give MORE to the non force user classes simply to help balance things out. This is actually a good part of what helps cause the FOTM mindset to begin with. Whatever class is currently weakest or least popular is the one you should be grinding in your spare time as the devs will soon change that. Personally, I have a feeling that Imperial Agents and Smugglers will be the OP classes to be beat. Simple reason; Fire on the run. I'm not even sure IAs will get it, but Smugglers have already had it announced, and quite frankly, that will hurt the FU classes. If you truly believe saber block will be invincible, you need to take into account that it is also going to be an activated ability, which means, it will not run indefinitely.

Ehm. My information is based on the first Star Wars movie that showed us that sabers PWN everything else that wields guns? Maybe the rogue reference wasn't good, but you can at least nerf rogues. You can't nerf Jedi. They're a living mix of God, Clint Eastwood, a Samurai and Obama. That's the problem here. SW's continuity explicitly says Jedi and Sith are the strongest and most important classes.
That's what I meant with discrimination. Because I think playing a Jedi will feel far more epic then playing a Sith spie.

I hope Bioware creates a good game though, I really do. But if there are 4 Force classes out of a total of 8 I doubt they can.
 Deft Aklin
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Ehm. My information is based on the first Star Wars movie that showed us that sabers PWN everything else that wields guns? Maybe the rogue reference wasn't good, but you can at least nerf rogues. You can't nerf Jedi. They're a living mix of God, Clint Eastwood, a Samurai and Obama. That's the problem here. SW's continuity explicitly says Jedi and Sith are the strongest and most important classes.
That's what I meant with discrimination. Because I think playing a Jedi will feel far more epic then playing a Sith spie.

I hope Bioware creates a good game though, I really do. But if there are 4 Force classes out of a total of 8 I doubt they can.Take into account, that the Jedi you saw in the movies were the cream of the crop. Yes, Mace killed Jango, but Jango didn't have all of his equipment (See the book, he was trying to use his jetpack when he died). However; his flamethrower did singe Mace. You need to also take into account that there is a much larger Sith/Jedi population in this time period which justifies the classes, but also you can expect that people are more apt to understand necessary concepts to fight Jedi/Sith, like solid projectile weapons. A Jedi cannot stop a flamethrower, or a bullet.

In any event, being that it's a game, you should expect the devs to constantly be adjusting the balance.

As far as content though, I'm more concerned about Smugglers and Bounty Hunters having the cool missions available to them than I am about Jedi content. Smuggling runs and Player Bounties oh my...
 Ztalker
12-04-2009, 9:12 AM
^ Player bounties would be so cool. If 3 people sign a contract you can just put an advert in-hame asking to kill the d*mn Ninja-looter.
 RogueJedi86
12-23-2009, 6:53 PM
My evidence of non-Jedi beating Jedi is Order 66, when a bunch of Troopers killed 99% of the Jedi Order in one fell swoop.
Page: 1 of 1