Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Assault Gunboat glitch

Page: 1 of 1
 Grombolar
11-12-2009, 7:40 AM
I've encountered a strange glitch in TIE Fighter CD-ROM (running in DOSBox 0.73), which affects flying with the Assault Gunboat.

I am using the mouse for control (I don't have a joystick and I do not intend to buy one).

Here is the problem: vertical pitch of the GUN seems to act strange - pitching down is much faster than pitching up. It's like the sensitivity for pitching down is stronger than it should be.

As a result of this, it is hard for me to keep the Gunboat's nose up. It always goes down, and this can be really frustrating, especially in dogfights. Even the slightest movement of the mouse can break my aim.

Just to be sure, I checked the situation in the older floppy edition of TIE Fighter. Everything is fine there. The Gunboat's control is accurate and smooth, just as with any other craft. Pitching up and down works fine.

So the problem occurs only in the CD version. And only the Gunboat is affected :raise:

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any way to correct it?
Page: 1 of 1