Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Friday Updates - Developer Blog, Threat of Peace, and Class Reveal

Page: 1 of 1
 News
11-06-2009, 2:30 PM
This week Senior Writer Drew Karpyshyn, who you may be familiar with as the lead writer of the original Knights of the Old Republic, blogs about what went in to writing the Jedi Knight class. Check out the entire blog to read what he has to say. We are also treated to the latest episode [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/friday-updates-developer-blog-threat-of-peace-and-class-reveal/)
 jrrtoken
11-06-2009, 3:47 PM
Not Karpyshyn...
 Hallucination
11-06-2009, 7:51 PM
Okay, so they filled the class pair we already knew, jerks. And they didn't even give any details about the class. >:|

And this comic is particularly sucktacular.
 jrrtoken
11-06-2009, 9:53 PM
To be honest, from the brief summary and the few screenshots, I'm bit disappointed in the Imperial Agent's look and all. I was expecting a much more covert, plainclothes feel, not some rifle-wielding technophile. There needs to be more emphasis on persuasion and stealth, in an almost gumshoe-esque fashion, rather than a heavily-equipped assassin. So, it really needs more emphasis on non-combat routes, IMO.
 TKA-001
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM
The Imperial Agent is heavily inspired by several classic Star Wars characters such as Zam Wessel and Grand Moff Tarkin.
Emphasis mine. What the hell? Why do they think that Tarkin is something to base the purpose of this class off of? The man was a planetary governor, not an intelligence or covert operative of any sort. Furthermore, how is Zam Wessel more representative of an "Imperial Agent" than a bounty hunter?
 Jeff
11-07-2009, 11:22 AM
It did seem like a stretch for who they based the class off of, maybe for Tarkin they mean his personality more than his abilities? I dunno.
 Hallucination
11-07-2009, 2:40 PM
Furthermore, how is Zam Wessel more representative of an "Imperial Agent" than a bounty hunter?
I'm guessing that they mean Agents are sneaking and the Bounty Hunters are going in all guns a-blazin'.
 DAWUSS
11-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm guessing Tarkin was the basis of the agent's handler, if anything. As for Zam Wessel, a 'lance bounty hunter, I have little idea...
 darthfergie
11-12-2009, 3:53 PM
Tarkin did a lot of backroom wheeling and dealing...so...possibly goes to personality type...
Zam had a sniper rifle and nonconventional killing methods...so...possibly goes to methods...

However they do need to wookiepedia once in a while.

Imperial agent = Mara Jade/Garindan, not Tarkin/Wessel.
Page: 1 of 1