Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to create a new bump map?

Page: 1 of 1
 luc500
10-28-2009, 3:33 PM
I'm using Crzybump to make new/improve the bump map textures of KOTOR. I began with the Selkatch bump map, but every time i load the game it says: INVALID BUMPMAP N_SELKATH01B.TGA. I figured out the configurations of the default bump map with CrazyBump:
1.33 MB
512x512
32 bpp
No compression

I made sure my custom bump map had the exact same stats.

But every time the game starts up i get the above error. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
 Quanon
10-29-2009, 2:31 PM
Well, this isn't something very general; like 2DA editing or scripting.
Infact I never did something like this, so this a more of a wild guess.

After looking into Lightmaps, I came across a .txi file. The file was named the same as the lightmap.tga.

The TXI file ( just a notepad file saved as TXI) contained a simple line saying that the mentioned TGA should be used as a Lightmap.

Now perhaps the same applies to bumpmaps, so it could be you'dd need to make a TXI file.

Containing this, again this is a bit of a shot in the dark.
Example of m80ab_09b_lm4.txi which is the parnter of m80ab_09b_lm4.tga

islightmap 1
compresstexture 0
mipmap 0
downsamplemax 0

What I suggest for the bumpmap is to alter it to:

isbumpmap 1
compresstexture 0
mipmap 0
downsamplemax 0

Not sure if the last 3 rows of the compress and downsample are needed.
 luc500
10-30-2009, 6:01 AM
I copied an unaltered version of the selkath bump texture with a TXI with your info and i still get the INVALIDBUMPMAP: N_SELKATH01B.TGA.
Page: 1 of 1